You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official show thread 20th May

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi guys

Myself and producer Chris at the helm tonight, so we want to get a fun forum topic on the go. I was chatting to Rich in the office about when I did a Sky dive a couple of years ago and I was saying it was the scariest thing I have ever done! (The second scariest was that hotel in Glasgow!)

So we thought we would pose the question to you guys - What is the scariest thing you have ever done? Your answers can be comical or serious, but we would love to hear from you! And of course you can send us messages about anything else you want to chat about.

Enjoy the show!

Hand picker Harry

Comments

• edited May 2010
     The scariest thing I have had to do was having to give permission to the hospital to operate on my then unconscious wife! Knowing that it could kill her! Also knowing that if they didn't find out what was wrong with her she could also die!
     PS she survived but we are no longer together but at least our daughter still as a mother!
  • edited May 2010
    Hi Harry

You are now a celeb ;), hmmm mine is as simple as Rock climbing, Absailing and Potholing, and playing Poker live for the first ever time :)
  • edited May 2010
    Scariest thing I ever done was on the day of the England v Germany semi-final during Euro 96. (in the days when mobile phones were not everywhere)

Told the missus I was just "nipping out" for a packet of smokes at 4pm-ish....bumped into a mate at the shops....and the rest was, as you say...History.

Got the FULL MONTY that night I can tell you. Suitcases and Saucepans were lobbed out the window in my general direction aroundabout the witching hour.

Spent 2 nights at my Mums and a SMALL FORTUNE getting back into her good jotters after that.

You may be pleased to know that I stopped smoking 3 years ago!!!!!

EDIT*****Think my Biggest mistake was saying "What?" when the abuse was raining down on me.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Official show thread 20th May:
    Hi Harry You are now a celeb ;), hmmm mine is as simple as Rock climbing, Absailing and Potholing, and playing Poker live for the first ever time :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    I have a scary experiencing pot holing, I was in the scouts and  we went into groups to crawl into these very narrow caves, this fat kid called Paul went in first and got stuckI was right behind him, so shouted back to tell people to move back Paul was stuck, then a girl called Jenny who was also pretty big thought she head somebody say it was caving in so tried to turn round and she got stuck.

So there was me trapped in a hole between a fat boy and a fat girl, not particularly liking enclosed spaces myself either and I was stuck for 40minutes until paul took his trousers off and eventually got to the other side naked from the waist down, it was a great experience crawling on my stomach behind him.
  • edited May 2010
    where is the show
  • edited May 2010
    I nearly ran out of beer once. Absolutely terrifying I can tell you!
  • edited May 2010
    3 moments in my life that made me feel scared.

I went South Africa when i was 19, I have a fear of heights but climbed mount kilmanjaro, was proper scared most of the way up.

2nd one also happened in africa, we was driving through a busy town well i say driving the traffic was at a stanstill, there were lots of people at the wide of the road trying to seel us things, when all of a sudden right in front of ym face someone shoved the biggest knife id ever seen throguh the window, i swear to god i browned my pants, luckily for me he was just trying to sell it, but i really thoguht my time was up.

3rd time was the birth of my first child, my wife went into labour at around 2.00am it was a long night, at around 8.00am she was 9cm dilated but they said the baby was getting distressed.  They had to operate immediately on her, and as she hadnt had an epidural i was left in the labour suite on my own.  had no idea what was gonig on i just laid on the floor crying, i thoguht id lost 1 of them if not both.

Everytihng went ok tho and 45 minutes later my daughter was with me whilst my wife was in recovery.  I worked at the hospital at the time, a catering supervisor i remmebr gonig down and telling all my work mate about it and about how my wife had to have an "emergancy vasectamy" it was such a long hard night i was all over the place.

Gareth
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Official show thread 20th May:
    where is the show
    Posted by SoLack
    +1
  • edited May 2010
    As much as i love watching a replay of tikay whats happened to the live show?
  • edited May 2010
  • edited May 2010
    Meeting in laws????? just thought i would say
  • edited May 2010
    my scariest moment would have to be moving into my then girlfriends' house with her two kids. if that wasn't bad enough she was the ex wife of my best mate!
  • edited May 2010
    Scariest thing.

1) Post hip replacement, watching my own monitor and seeing myself "crash"

2) Becoming a Dad and having to be responsible for someone other than myself

3) Nr plane crash in Paderbon on the way to a wedding

...none of them a patch on Ed's though :)
  • edited May 2010
    OMG Rich and Ed

A fellow Altrincham fan Angus!!!!!!

You legend Angus

Dave (Alty till I die!)
  • edited May 2010
    I was about 16 and was with my first serious girlfriend

She was fairly posh and i was invited to a sunday dinner round her house with her family, we all sitting at the big table and quietly eating when i really needed to fart, had been trying not too for about 30mins resulting in bad stomache aches and couldnt hold it any longer but was confident i could control it and let it out slowly, to my horror as soon as i relaxed it rushed out like a crazy man making the worst and loudest noise ever. With that her father looked at me and said "There will be none of that in this house young man!" as if i meant it :(

I had to leave and was never invited back for 2yrs
  • edited May 2010
    My scariest moments:

1. Getting a splinter
    2. Waking up after sleeping on my arm and thinking my arm is paralysed
    3. Being in the passenger seat while my ex is driving
    4. Getting caught in Mrs Robinsons garden scrumping apples
    5. Nam
  • edited May 2010
    Hi Rich and Ed

Ok here is your groan time, why are Sky promoting dries grapes :)
  • edited May 2010

Loving the "valuetown" stuff. 865 is getting better all the time. QUALITY. TOP WORK!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CImrIKNmBo

Ed Giddens could do a belting cover version of "Value Town", with the "Dickie Bird" finger.

Wont you take me to........Valuetown

• edited May 2010
    Rich

Please ask Angus if he is at York races on Saturday and does he have any tips!! Sian and I will be there!

My scariest moment was absailing forward down a viaduct (when I was young)

Also bluffing Rich Orford in SPT sit n go with AK on a missed flop (Rich had 10 10  but was needed to go do an interview!)

Cracking analysis on Altys season Angus! The man is a sports database!

Dave and Sian (Sian says hi rich!)
  • edited May 2010
    3 kids and a pile of aggro later, Still together. Saucepans safely tucked away....she is more interested in Hollyoaks. I get to watch this in peace. Happy Days.
  • edited May 2010
    Hi guys great show as usual

One of my scariest moment came back in 1992 when West Ham were playing Spurs at White Hart Lane. Me & my brother couldn't get a ticket in the visitors end for love nor money & being a relegation 6 pointer we didn't want to miss the game so went in with the Spurs fans. Unfortunately we weren't the only hammers with that idea & our plan to quietly enjoy the game went wrong about 10 minutes or so in when Gary Lineker scored the 1st of a hat trick that night. 

That was the 1st & only time I've ever sat with the home fans!

• edited May 2010
    can you ask statto if they will ever consider doing another series of fantasy football??

it was the best show ever!!
  • edited May 2010
    can u please say ty 2 stato he knocked me on b/h with his 7s w/p
  • edited May 2010
    stato are scotland going 2 win this years world cup ???
  • edited May 2010
    honestly was not being sarcastic when stato bet me with 7s was low chips himself so expected all in with any 2 cards just happened he had par 7s in hand
  • edited May 2010
    Thank you for the discussion on Horse Racing,

Racing is more than just betting and the grand national, its a way of life for most and every hour spent studying, training, breeding, isn't lost and it can take a life time to get a horse like Desert Orchid or Sea The Stars.

Racing needs as much publicity as it can get, its nice to see a good discussion on a Poker channel

Cheers