You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sit & go 'ghosts'

I play a few sit & go's and more often or not there is a seat taken but the player is away.  I may be unfair here but it seems as if some of these are hoping that by the time they've been checked down to 0, three or more of the other contestants will have been knocked out - in effect doubling their money without playing a hand.  It just doesn't seem right.

Maybe if an entrant doesn't play a hand for 2 levels they are removed from the game?

What do other think?

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Hi Barbarossa, welcome to the forum

The only things I would say about this is that players who are away are in fact the easiest players to play against. If they're away then steal their blinds. It's one less player to beat!

Also remember that there are other reasons why a player might be away from the table such as connection problems.

At the end of the day they've paid their entrance fee like everyone else & in doing so are entitled to play their tournament any way they wish.

What's the difference between a player being away & someone sitting at the table folding every hand?
  • edited May 2010
    Being Away is a strategy sometimes.  Personally I like to continually press Fold and get my moneys worth.
  • edited May 2010
    A lot of them are doing it deliberately, particularly at the lower buy-ins. They are hoping to find a table with a couple of maniacs, which more often than not results in their buy-in being doubled without having to play a single hand. If they get dealt AA or their stack gets dangerously low these players will soon sit in again.

I know it's annoying, but nothing can really be done, you just have to learn to cope with them.