You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HELP!!! SHOWDOWN VALUE --- What is it?? / SHARKSCOPE GRAPHS --- What do they mean??

edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
Say you have 65dd and have raised on the button, the BB calls.

Flop is 2 4 8 with two diamonds.

BB checks, you bet half pot and BB flat calls.

Turn is a K of spades.

BB checks, and you bet again half pot...he again calls.

River is a 5.

BB checks.  Now what you have here is a hand with some showdown value as you have a chance of winning this pot a %age of the time, with just 3rd pair. You could value bet however it is so unlikely that you will get called by worse that it is best to just check as you have reasonable showdown value. 

If the BB was on a diamond draw it is likely you will win; if he had some weird 4 and couldn't fold you will probably win.

Comments

• edited August 2009

hi folks

Can someone please tell me what is Showdown Value ??  &  How do i work out my Showdown %

also have just checked my sharkscope   loads of GRAPHS  don't understand them ??

many  thanks

• edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: HELP!!! SHOWDOWN VALUE --- What is it??:
    Say you have 65dd and have raised on the button, the BB calls. Flop is 2 4 8 with two diamonds. BB checks, you bet half pot and BB flat calls. Turn is a K of spades. BB checks, and you bet again half pot...he again calls. River is a 5. BB checks.  Now what you have here is a hand with some showdown value as you have a chance of winning this pot a %age of the time, with just 3rd pair. You could value bet however it is so unlikely that you will get called by worse that it is best to just check as you have reasonable showdown value.  If the BB was on a diamond draw it is likely you will win; if he had some weird 4 and couldn't fold you will probably win.
    Posted by scotty77

cheers for that scotty has helped loads

• edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: HELP!!! SHOWDOWN VALUE --- What is it??:
    Say you have 65dd and have raised on the button, the BB calls. Flop is 2 4 8 with two diamonds. BB checks, you bet half pot and BB flat calls. Turn is a K of spades. BB checks, and you bet again half pot...he again calls. River is a 5. BB checks.  Now what you have here is a hand with some showdown value as you have a chance of winning this pot a %age of the time, with just 3rd pair. You could value bet however it is so unlikely that you will get called by worse that it is best to just check as you have reasonable showdown value.  If the BB was on a diamond draw it is likely you will win; if he had some weird 4 and couldn't fold you will probably win.
    Posted by scotty77

cheers for that scotty has helped loads