You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Not Funny!

edited October 2010 in The Shed
 Sky Poker is a 18+ site!

Even so it treats it clients like children!

1. Blocks out "naughty" words!

2. Frowns on adult humour!

3. Blocks pictures that family papers are quite happy to publish!

Who makes the rules for this site the ghost of Mary Whitehouse?

I still love the site and the people on it but I just needed to vent my frustrations!

Comments

• edited May 2010
    I find the best thing to do is i phone up my Gran, read out to her what im going to post and if she finds it offensive i scrap it, if she finds it funny i think about posting it, if she wets the bed i post it instantly

I can give your her number but you will have to go round and change the sheets if she pisses herself
  • edited May 2010
    you're gonna get in trouble na na na na na nahhhh
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Not Funny!:
    you're gonna get in trouble na na na na na nahhhh
    Posted by -TARAS-
     If they tell me off I will stamp my feet and refuse to eat my din-dins! Well thats what they would seem to expect me to do anyway! :)
  • edited May 2010
    I find the best thing to do is i phone up my Gran, read out to her what im going to post and if she finds it offensive i scrap it, if she finds it funny i think about posting it, if she wets the bed i post it instantly I can give your her number but you will have to go round and change the sheets if she pisses herself
    Posted by HuFlungPu
    Can we keep the dirty sheets or do we have to send them back?
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Not Funny!:
     Sky Poker is a 18+ site! Even so it treats it clients like children! 1. Blocks out "naughty" words! 2. Frowns on adult humour! 3. Blocks pictures that family papers are quite happy to publish! Who makes the rules for this site the ghost of Mary Whitehouse? I still love the site and the people on it but I just needed to vent my frustrations!
    Posted by Donut64

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Not Funny!:
     Sky Poker is a 18+ site! Even so it treats it clients like children! 1. Blocks out "naughty" words! 2. Frowns on adult humour! 3. Blocks pictures that family papers are quite happy to publish! Who makes the rules for this site the ghost of Mary Whitehouse? I still love the site and the people on it but I just needed to vent my frustrations!
    Posted by Donut64

Donut,

We are not trying to treat anyone like children, quite the opposite in fact.

This community is attached the the sky name, logo and brand - this means we have a certain set of rules that all sky related forums have to follow. (Not following these would risk us being taken down).

The fact of the matter is, some people find certain words offensive, be these words in a joke or any other post. Surely as 'adults' we can express our opinions without using such words.

Our number 1 aim is to create and maintain a friendly and welcoming place that everyone can be part of.

I hope you share this belief and will us achieve it.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Not Funny! : Donut, We are not trying to treat anyone like children, quite the opposite in fact. This community is attached the the sky name, logo and brand - this means we have a certain set of rules that all sky related forums have to follow. (Not following these would risk us being taken down). The fact of the matter is, some people find certain words offensive, be these words in a joke or any other post. Surely as 'adults' we can express our opinions without using such words. Our number 1 aim is to create and maintain a friendly and welcoming place that everyone can be part of. I hope you share this belief and will us us achieve it. Thanks in advance for your understanding.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
     I for one find the words Bolton Wanderers offensive but I would not expect you to remove them! No but serously when I tried to post computer generated pictures from this sight http://www.morphthing.com/ of what peoples children would look like they were bocked for being pictures of Minors! How would such pics offend anyone they are just a bit of fun!

• edited May 2010
    ah my apologies about your pics not getting approved - that's a completely different matter. upload them during the day 9-5 and i'll happily pick them up personally for you.
  • edited May 2010
    Personally i think you were very lucky Rich didn't give you lines Donut, if Dan was here you would be standing in the corner right now thinking about your behaviour. Hee Hee
  • edited May 2010
    there is nothing funny about naughty words anyway!

• edited May 2010
    Psst Rich, Huflung said the P word
  • edited May 2010
    Personally i think you were very lucky Rich didn't give you lines Donut, if Dan was here you would be standing in the corner right now thinking about your behaviour. Hee Hee
    Posted by -TARAS-
     I will just have to learn how not to be a naughty boy! Sky Rich is a good bloke and is only doing is job and its good to have someone there who listens! Thanks Rich!
  • edited May 2010
    Psst Rich, Huflung said the P word
    Posted by -TARAS-
    post?
  • edited May 2010
    [QUOTE]ah my apologies about your pics not getting approved - that's a completely different matter. upload them during the day 9-5 and i'll happily pick them up personally for you.
    Posted by Sky_Rich

Basically, anytime our very own resident "Mary" is off duty.
  • edited May 2010
    Can I post a picture of TJ Ho*ker?

T.J is on the right and the bird in the middle is Heather Locklear...if I remember rightly.

I can remember "spilling my soup" thinking about her.

The Cop on the left was called Bill or Ken or something like that, if anyone is interested.

******LOL, Image Rejected******

WHY???????
  • edited October 2010
    I love TJ .. and hookers, and 

eggs!
  • edited October 2010
    Alternative swear words are funnier these days anyway. Swearing's just too de rigueur these days.

Blimey. Crikey. Oh for flips sake. Gosh and darn it. You rotter. You simply beastly man. You scoundrel.

Liking the "spilled my soup" anology though Em :-) New one on me. My vocabulary is now enriched.
  • edited October 2010
    Golly Gosh! You rejected my picture of two eggs?!?   For flips sake!

You rotter!

Sky mods are simply beastly rotten scoundrels