You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Finally i've cashed in £5k open

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat

i know its only 25th place & £35-00 but for me its massive as it was my last goal for my 1st year playing poker (which is up on 7th June) on Sky Poker. What makes it special as well is that my entry was sorted by Sky Rich for coming 2nd in Sky Poker Fantasy Football Comp (cheers m8) 

My Poker Journey (1st Year) summary will be posted on 7th June some of you may remember a poker diary i started when i was learning the basics (1st 3 months) Tikay was my mentor (still is) & will have my goals for next year

michael

Comments

• edited May 2010
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Finally i've cashed in £5k open:
       i know its only 25th place & £35-00 but for me its massive as it was my last goal for my 1st year playing poker (which is up on 7th June) on Sky Poker. What makes it special as well is that my entry was sorted by Sky Rich for coming 2nd in Sky Poker Fantasy Football Comp (cheers m8)     My Poker Journey (1st Year) summary will be posted on 7th June some of you may remember a poker diary i started when i was learning the basics (1st 3 months) Tikay was my mentor (still is) & will have my goals for next year   michael
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    w/p also maxally you also cashed
  • edited May 2010
       i know its only 25th place & £35-00 but for me its massive as it was my last goal for my 1st year playing poker (which is up on 7th June) on Sky Poker. What makes it special as well is that my entry was sorted by Sky Rich for coming 2nd in Sky Poker Fantasy Football Comp (cheers m8)     My Poker Journey (1st Year) summary will be posted on 7th June some of you may remember a poker diary i started when i was learning the basics (1st 3 months) Tikay was my mentor (still is) & will have my goals for next year   michael
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    Congratulations Michael well done!!!
  • edited May 2010
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    Well Played Michael.....good cash mate.
    I thought you played a blinder apart from that 7/2 hand which we will not mention :)
    I know you have the game and with a bit of good fortune and the right cards/situations, you WILL go further in an Open soon. I think you will have at least 3 FT and a win before Christmas ! (not saying which year though)
    I suggest play more sats to qualify and just grind away.
    I finished in 14th which I am Obv well chuffed about and got a 5th last month. I know my big win, like Diggerman's last week in the Primo, is brewing and is just around the corner.....I hope so anyway!. So I hope we both run well and lets knock some of the bigger players off their perches hey!, LOL.

TC mate

Alan
  • edited May 2010
    nice one dtw--well done m8
  • edited May 2010
    yep us 3 were goin along nicely till my 7/2 beat ur queens dtw lool, wp,
    who won in the end?
    karma came around as i went out with queens, all in pre vs ace, flop AAJ lmao gg though :)
    made 100pounds on cash right after so good night overall
  • edited May 2010
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    top bombing m8ty plenty more to come watch out every1
  • edited May 2010

Very well played Michael..couldnt happen to a nicer player. All the very best
     hunni. I look forward to your 1st year summary xxxxx
  • edited May 2010
    Great stuff, Michael and Alan!

It's taken me 18 months (and a huge downswing!) to finally get to the top step in one of the main events, but every step in the right direction gave me the same feeling...that the big one wasn't far away! You just need that little bit of luck when it really matters and you'll be there. I know it won't be long coming for either of you so get in there and take one down!

........er, just don't take me out on the way!!!! Thanks! ;-)

• edited May 2010
    Well played Michael, and don't forget your fourth place in the Super6 freeroll.
  • edited May 2010
    well done mate, im sure you have plenty of nice results coming over the second year aswell :-)
  • edited May 2010
    Nice 1 Michael and Max wtg
  • edited May 2010
     well done bandit and well done alan much deserved lads
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Finally i've cashed in £5k open:
    In Response to Finally i've cashed in £5k open : Well Played Michael.....good cash mate. I thought you played a blinder apart from that 7/2 hand which we will not mention :) I know you have the game and with a bit of good fortune and the right cards/situations, you WILL go further in an Open soon. I think you will have at least 3 FT and a win before Christmas ! (not saying which year though) I suggest play more sats to qualify and just grind away. I finished in 14th which I am Obv well chuffed about and got a 5th last month. I know my big win, like Diggerman's last week in the Primo, is brewing and is just around the corner.....I hope so anyway!. So I hope we both run well and lets knock some of the bigger players off their perches hey!, LOL. TC mate Alan
    Posted by MAXALLY

cheers m8 really enjoyed it tho was shocked my raise was called by 7/2 off suit  & well done to you for your 14th place u played very well so its back to sats & cash for me now i normally play 1 sat per day i think you will have a big win soon Alan as you deffo have the game m8     michael
  • edited May 2010

yep us 3 were goin along nicely till my 7/2 beat ur queens dtw lool, wp, who won in the end? karma came around as i went out with queens, all in pre vs ace, flop AAJ lmao gg though :) made 100pounds on cash right after so good night overall
    Posted by loza666

hiya m8 was a good battle can't believe you called my raise with 7/2 well done on your cash
  • edited May 2010
    Well played Michael, and don't forget your fourth place in the Super6 freeroll.
    Posted by KnackersYa

cheers m8y that was a good FT did you go on to win?  never had so many chips in front of me had to shove with me pair wp m8   michael
  • edited May 2010
    AWESOME work Michael! 'bout time x
  • edited May 2010
    Nice work mate

It took me ages to finally cash in one of these & whilst the actual cash is good I don't think it can beat the feeling of satisfaction

• edited May 2010
    Well Played mate onwards and upwards

Keep Smiling
    HAL_9000
  • edited May 2010
    Well done DTW

many more cashes to come, im sure
  • edited May 2010
    Wp michael, hope you have enjoyed yr 1st year of poker because thats wot its all about
  • edited May 2010
    Nice cash Michael,wont be long before your on par with OZZIE.  gl.

fitz