You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Playstation3 Users.....Can someone help???

edited June 2010 in The Shed
Hello Shedsters, after failing to get a hold of a "Limited Edition" copy of Red Dead Redemption for my son yesterday, (mainly due to the fact he waited until this week to tell me about it) I could really do with some help from a gamer who knows about these things.

Have basically been told by the shop that I have now got next to no chance of getting one, as they are unlikely to be getting anymore copies in. Had to buy a standard edition of the game instead, and my son is giving me a sore head because he does not have any downloadable content.

Does anyone know if the codes for the limited edition content will be generally available to buy? and if so, how long is it normally before this stuff is generally available?

Had a look on a well known auction web-site, and the "codes" are being sold for £20 a chuck!!!!!
Does anyone know of another site where the codes can be bought?

Thank You

Comments

• edited May 2010
    not sure i can help with your question there egg but how is the actual game? any good?
  • edited May 2010

lol Rich, the boy is still moody that he cant get the download stuff....

He says the game is good, and another game he got yesterday....Mod something??? is good too.

He is big on the shooting games.....quite good at a few of them, especialy Uncharted2.

• edited May 2010
    sounds like he's got a very generous dad there too!
  • edited May 2010
    Hi Em, my boy got a standard copy from play.com where he buys all his games from, he says you can get a ltd copy from them as well although i dont know if this is any good to you now. 
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Playstation3 Users.....Can someone help???:
    not sure i can help with your question there egg but how is the actual game? any good?
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    It's good, Rich. Grand Theft Auto Western styley :-) Earlier I skinned me a deer for a few $$$ lol

• edited May 2010
    I was going to get it, because I bought Gun and it looks like a better version of that.

But I am saving my money for the new UFC game.
  • edited May 2010

I heard it's the most expensive game ever produced and has taken five years to code (?) Dunno if that's true but it's what ma mate down the pub said.

• edited May 2010
    Hi i have just recently got the limited edition game and sold it as i thought the game was.....poor the best place for you to get the limited edition would be on ebay there will be loads on there for sale also i am saving for the new ufc game and if your boy really likes shooter games you can't beat Modern Warfare 2 it kicks arseeeeeeeeeeeee 
  • edited May 2010
    hey emily.my boy is a fanatical ps3 gamer makes me eyes water watching him,anyway have you tried the ps store they sell extra downloadable contents and add ons,so long as your ps3 is hooked up you should be able to shop till your hearts content.i know hes bought map packs for all the COD games and other bits of stuff for other games to.you could try there..
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Playstation3 Users.....Can someone help???:
    sounds like he's got a very generous dad there too!
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    LOL Rich, I was thinking more along the lines of "Soft"
  • edited May 2010
    Big Thanks to everyone who has posted on the subject. Your help is appreciated.

Looks like he has 3 realistic options now.

1. Wait until the Download Content is widely available (surely wont be that long!!).
    2. Trade-in (or sell) the Game and buy a limited edition one on one of the sites suggested.
    3. Continue to do my crust "Right-In"
  • edited May 2010
    wait, you will probably have to pay way over the odds for a limited one off ebay.
  • edited May 2010
    if i'd have seen this earlier he could have had my code but ive already used it now, oh well.

The game is excellent, what you'd expect from a Rockstar game, It basically is GTA: Wild West, which is a good thing in my book. Takes a while to get used to the controls though. I often forget what button it is to slow the horse down and end up trampling people.
  • edited June 2010
    I've just bought Red Dead Redemption, and am told there are some great cut scenes, some beautiful and intricately-rendered craggy landscapes, and a host of challenging missions, making the 5 years' worth of programming totally worthwhile.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know about any of that, because I'm too busy drifting from town to town, playing the illicit poker games that take place in the back rooms of dingy saloons.

Isn't it strange how art mirrors life? 

• edited June 2010
    I prefer Mario Kart & Viva Pinata.... anything where i can stay in my happy little fluffy glitter rainbow land :o)
    Maybe he would enjoy them more? hahaha