You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Post of the week! Win a seat in the Open!

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic

Welcome to our latest community competition – The Poker Clinic’s “Post of The Week”!

You may have seen ‘thread of the week’ over in General Poker Chat, well this is a pretty similar idea but purely for the poker clinic. A lot of great advice gets posted in this area of the forum and our aim is to give some of you a bit of kudos and reward posts that really help other players improve their game. We’re looking for posts which are well-thought out and considered rather than sheer quantity, so get your thinking caps on and let us see which of you the strategy gurus are.

Every week Tikay and Sky Dave will get their heads together and highlight who they think has made the Poker Clinic’s Post of The Week. The author of this post will then win a seat in Saturday night’s Open.

Good luck all and happy posting

Comments

• edited May 2010

my one advice is for newbies

Before you deposit play as much freeplay as possible to get used to the software, the game etc

freerolls also are good ways to get free money but require alot of luck as generally there is much more luck involved in these due to it costing nothing so people are more wreckless. DONT PLAY MTT LIKE YOU WOULD A FREEROLL

nb- not a great starter but for some reason i thought of it lol havent played free roll other then team one in ages!

• edited May 2010
    see the first week's winner here
  • edited June 2010
    Our second winner has been chosen, so head on over here to find out who got themselves a free seat to this Saturday's Open...

• edited June 2010
    last night i played minute rullete 0.6£ rebuy.after one hour finally i got 3rd place 16£.but still -3.30£ down.after one hour stressfull game i lost 3.3£.fair play to u skypoker.
  • edited July 2010
    Happy Thursday, folks!

Well, Tikay is headed off the Las Vegas with the Sky Poker guys and girls to go and win all of the conkers at some tournament called the World Series of Poker. Good luck to all of them and I'm sure we agree they'll make us proud as they get after the opposition!

Meanwhile, that leaves me to announce the winner of this week's Post of the Week. One of the most enthusiastic members of the community and armed with some very sound advice which he is always happy to share with some of the Community's newer members (and DOHHHHH), the winner is IRISHROVER for his cracking thread on low stakes. You can find the thread itself here.

After a slightly slow start the thread has seen Irish give advice on a range of topics the rest of us shudder at the mention of, namely bankroll and tilt. This post in particular gets the props:

(Hope Irish doesn't mind but I edited it down a little to save space)

These hands above really play themselves. Its part of the wonderful game of poker. What's much more important is how you react when you hit a bad run like what is happening to you now.

A lot of players tend to tilt on a bad run and lose more money then they steady the ship look back and say "Damn why did i go on tilt?
    Now i got to win those loses back," which takes a lot more effort, time and skill to do so .

This is speaking from someone who used to do this awhile back lol !

Now what i do is take a break from the game i am playing in your case the cash game. So my advice to you is drop down to 60p or  £1 double your moneys for a bit and have some fun. This way you will cut your loses  or may gain a little  money, but most of all you are taking the pressure off your self and  getting back to enjoying the game .

When your poker head is right again and your luck lol move back to your cash game refreshed.

Congratulations Irish and hope you have a good run in the Open on Saturday night - I'm actually on the live show as an analyst that night so look forward to seeing how you get on!

Thanks all and keep those Poker Clinic posts coming.

Sky Dave
  • edited July 2010
    "Winner winner, Saturday night Open dinner!"

Check out who won this week's Post of the Week contest here!