You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New cash for points levels - kind of a joke

edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
Well done Sky.  You have increased the bonus for maybe 4 players on the whole site to 1.5k/40k points

As I have said before, you ran a 2k/30k points, so therefore your margins are there to offer it month on month.

I was in the top 10 of the cash players on Sky this month and I think my bonus was £150 this month, considering the amount of rake that I produce this really isn't on.

You probably have the most loyal customer base of ANY poker site in the world; how about you reward that loyalty with a more fair bonus system.

Thank you.

Comments

• edited August 2009
    Why do those people that earn 6000 or 7000 points get a greater proportion of their rake back than those that earn 10000 / 12500?

Surely they deserve a greater proportion as they are playing alot more?

I haven't checked the rest of the thresholds, but what I have described seems a bit, erm, daft.

Im speaking in terms of sit n go/ scheduled games where its 10 points for ever £1 in rake btw. I don't know how the cash points work.
  • edited August 2009
    cash for points should be 1p/point - no min / no max - a fair system for all
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: New cash for points levels - kind of a joke:
    cash for points should be 1p/point - no min / no max - a fair system for all
    Posted by annie_duke
    Oh, so now you agree the little guy should get rewarded too.
  • edited August 2009

It is a fair system, more rake you pay better deal you get. Its called bulk buying. I pay thousands in rake every month at whichever site I play. If you want a better deal play more.

• edited August 2009
    Its common sense, in any industry there are disounts for 'bulk buys' if you will. The 'cost' of supplying a poker service to a player does not increase proportionally with the stake, therefore those higher end players are much more profitable.

If everyone just played the 30p/ 60p games, sky poker would'nt exist.

Its totally fair that those earning a greater number of points are compensated with higher rakeback.
  • edited August 2009
    It is a fair system, more rake you pay better deal you get. Its called bulk buying. I pay thousands in rake every month at whichever site I play. If you want a better deal play more.
    Posted by bonniedog
    Hi Bonnie - the system is fair; the rate is not.

I play on other sites too, and while I don't play on there as often as I do on Sky, I still receive a far better rakeback payment.

Of course it is impossible to know the actual amount of rake that we are paying on Sky without tracker software, but I can't imagine that the current rakeback system is worth more than 10-15% of ACTUAL rake.

I also know that certain players on Sky get a 20% better deal - a friend of mine who plays on Sky gets a rate of 24k poker points/£1000 bonus.

He plays similar volumes to me; but alas I'm not eligible....
  • edited August 2009
    Its common sense, in any industry there are disounts for 'bulk buys' if you will. The 'cost' of supplying a poker service to a player does not increase proportionally with the stake, therefore those higher end players are much more profitable. If everyone just played the 30p/ 60p games, sky poker would'nt exist. Its totally fair that those earning a greater number of points are compensated with higher rakeback.
    Posted by michael900
    To claify, I'm not having a go at the more points/more rakeback issue.

I totally understand this sir, and as someone who has played all the way up to 1000nl here I'm not exactly a small time player either.

What I do have an issue with is the actual PERCENTAGE that is given by Sky.
  • edited August 2009

i do not fully understand what rake is on cash tables can someone tell me please i know that if i play a 30p SnG i get 1/2 point  so if i play a 1000 in a month i get £5

many thanks