You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Now I have seen everything!

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat
I was playing  a DYM were the small blind did not raise the big blind about 5 times even though he was away! I thought it couldn't get any stranger until the big blind was all in for 380 when the small blind was 400 and for some reason the small blind folded! I put a ? in the chat box and the next time he called him a knocked him out!

Comments

• edited May 2010
    LOL Donut mate....When I was a bairn, I can always remember my Gran telling me the following two things.

1. You Cant Educate Pork.
    2. Common Sense is NOT as common as you think.

I am so glad I listened to her points of wisdom.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Now I have seen everything!:
    LOL Donut mate....When I was a bairn, I can always remember my Gran telling me the following two things. 1. You Cant Educate Pork. 2. Common Sense is NOT as common as you think. I am so glad I listened to her points of wisdom.
    Posted by emilyegg
     This guy just seemed to be playing thier cards and totally oblivious to what others were doing or not doing in most cases! The thing is the muppet was leading for most of the game! Im really starting to think some people let their pets play overnight! :)
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Now I have seen everything! :  This guy just seemed to be playing thier cards and totally oblivious to what others were doing or not doing in most cases! The thing is the muppet was leading for most of the game! Im really starting to think some people let their pets play overnight! :)
    Posted by Donut64
    God dam it! I told Buddy "you always raise the away person" but he just doesn't listen....I'll have a word with him later!!!
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Now I have seen everything! : God dam it! I told Buddy "you always raise the away person" but he just doesn't listen....I'll have a word with him later!!!
    Posted by BananaDog
     Thanks BananaDog! :)
  • edited May 2010
    I think you probably hit it spot on when you said they appeared oblivious to what others were doing.

What level DYM was it, I am presuming its a low buy in, where there is a likely chance that players new to the game are playing, and thus they are concentrating on their own game, that they don't realise what else is happening on the table, or if they do , they havent quite got the ability at present to act  upon the information they are receiving.

But DYM's seem to be a beast of their own. When you see a player going all in for 100 chips , gets 3 callers, and the chip leader with 5k in chips on the big blind folds, it does appear strange, but hey thats poker I guess

Aski :)
  • edited May 2010
    Yes. It was only a 60p in the early hours of the morning but he must have spotted they were away after over 30mins had passed. But obviously not!
  • edited May 2010
    Hi Donut

As has already been said, when someone is "away", the handd will automaticaly call a call, but will also automatiacly fold to any bet, or raise :)
  • edited May 2010

www.skypoker.com/secure/ver1.0/Content/images/store/1/4/f1d01a60-7b92-4066-a453-4e5290cf7cd3.Medium.jpg" alt="" />*****IMAGE FAIL*****

The images I am posting are getting more knockbacks than John Merrick.
  • edited May 2010

Are you sure this was not in one of them late night SnG forum games?....

I have my suspicions that some of them forum regulars have not got a scooby do either!!!

I will not name and shame but the list includes names like....

IAMANUTTER
    TOTALLOONY
    DOUGHNUTWITHJAM
    IRELANDSFULLOFDONKS
    TRIPOVERWHENDRUNK
    DOUGAL12
    LUCKY7CABS
    QUAYQUARRY
    SNOWYMOUNTAIN
    TOMMYTUCKER
    INEVERGETANACEBARRY

:))))))

• edited May 2010
    Hi Donut As has already been said, when someone is "away", the handd will automaticaly call a call, but will also automatiacly fold to any bet, or raise :)
    Posted by acebarry10
     Yes I know that!
     But it was the big blind that was away and All-in! The All-in was only 380 and the small blind was 400! I dont know how or why but some how the small blind folded!
  • edited May 2010
    Are you sure this was not in one of them late night SnG forum games?.... I have my suspicions that some of them forum regulars have not got a scooby do either!!! I will not name and shame but the list includes names like.... IAMANUTTER TOTALLOONY DOUGHNUTWITHJAM IRELANDSFULLOFDONKS TRIPOVERWHENDRUNK DOUGAL12 LUCKY7CABS QUAYQUARRY SNOWYMOUNTAIN TOMMYTUCKER INEVERGETANACEBARRY :))))))
    Posted by MAXALLY
     It was all your fault I was playing in low stake DYMs! After the kicking you gave me ealyer in the night  I needed to get some confidence back! :)
  • edited May 2010
    Hi Donut As has already been said, when someone is "away", the handd will automaticaly call a call, but will also automatiacly fold to any bet, or raise :)
    Posted by acebarry10
     Sorry when I said he didnt raise about 5times. What I mean is there were at least 5 times were he called the away player and checked it down to the end! :)
  • edited May 2010
    www.skypoker.com/secure/ver1.0/Content/images/store/1/4/f1d01a60-7b92-4066-a453-4e5290cf7cd3.Medium.jpg " alt="" />*****IMAGE FAIL***** The images I am posting are getting more knockbacks than John Merrick.
    Posted by emilyegg
     I know what you mean It gets me so frustrated I could throw myself off a bridge! :(