You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Small blind V Big blind

edited May 2010 in The Poker Clinic

Is it worth getting involved with the BB if your the SB? i have tried but usually come of worse either they pick up a monster or hit their 72 off!!  ( my last hand me 99 on the bubble pushed and Bb came back with AA) if i raise i almost always get a call usually don't hit the flop, now if I bet out he calls I haven't a clue where i am and am always out of position i usually end up  check folding even if I have a decent hand and don't hit what do i do I have tried to play it like heads up but have still come of worse any thoughts

Comments

• edited May 2010
    for me it depends on the style of player... some will fold their BB to most raises, some will call their BB to most raises, some will reraise their BB to most raises. Depends on how the player plays from there... a lot of SBs try and buy the BB, so the range is wider- and they can issue a statement of intent by refusing to let you eat up their blinds. If you get an aggressive player who's always calling then raising the flop, or reraising pre, it's better to be a little more patient and try and get involved against them with premium hands only, as they're likely to be reraising with any single card higher than a jack. Or even any two cards. Against passive players, raise away- but don't get too carried away with it as they may be waiting to see how you play a few times.

I wouldn't personally get into the habit of raising every single time I'm heads up with the BB, since it becomes too predictable- that's basically asking to get battered sooner or later. But when you get a hand like 99, shove and get called by AA, you can only shrug- that's luck of the cards, you personally didn't do anything wrong.
  • edited May 2010

Cheers dusceslive I don't do it every time usually when the blinds are worth stealing or if the BB is short stacked, i meant to edit out the 99 v AA sounds to much like a bad beat winge