You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Richard Orford

edited August 2009 in Poker Chat

Hi

One or two of you will be aware of the car bomb blast in Majorca; this is where our very own Richard Orford went, I do know that tikay tried to phone him but got no answer, and great man that he is tried to put my mind at rest, unfortunately I am a born worrier, I worry like a worrying thing, in fact I am sure I have read somewhere that tikay worries too, in fact if worrying ever joined the Olympics I could give tikay a good run for his money for gold

If anyone hears how Rich is, I for one would be very grateful of some feedback

Many thanks

Comments

• edited August 2009
    I knew he went on holiday wasn't sure where hope him and his family are ok he is a top bloke.
  • edited August 2009
    Richard was posting yesterday (the bomb was Thursday) so I'm sure he's fine
  • edited August 2009

Yes, I'm sure he's OK. Given the style of News Media to report "30,000 killed in China earthquake, one Briton Injured" we'd have heard if there was a problem.

I tried to ring him again this morning, but his 'phone is off - wisely, as Roaming Charges on Moby's abroad are horrendous.

So I've dropped him an e-Mail, & I'm sure he'll reply later today. I've been e-Mailing him daily until Thursday, & he's been replying (he has a Blackberry thingie), so I expect he'll reply when he sees it.
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Richard Orford:
    Yes, I'm sure he's OK. Given the style of News Media to report "30,000 killed in China earthquake, one Briton Injured" we'd have heard if there was a problem. I tried to ring him again this morning, but his 'phone is off - wisely, as Roaming Charges on Moby's abroad are horrendous. So I've dropped him an e-Mail, & I'm sure he'll reply later today. I've been e-Mailing him daily until Thursday, & he's been replying (he has a Blackberry thingie), so I expect he'll reply when he sees it.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thank you tikay, and all it is appreciated
  • edited August 2009

Hey all,

Thanks for the concern, but the terrorists missed on this occasion!

I´ve been to the Falklands, Kosovo and Belfast in the last few years on various filming assignments and I get bombed in Majorca of all places!

To be honest, I knew nothing about it till a mate of mine texted me that evening. I did wonder why there were police everywhere on Thursday and it took us 4 hours to get across the island by car (usual time 30-40 minutes)!

And sorry for the delay in replying- there´s only two internet terminals here at the hotel, which as you can imagine are being used 24-7, AND I´ve had my phone stolen (or my Blackberry thingie, as Tikay put it)

So, I´m completely disconnected from the world. Weird, but quite refreshing really. I bet Orpey had better access to emails and phone-calls up Kilimanjaro...

• edited August 2009
    Good to hear your ok rich. Must be a time difference where you are, most people over here arent up yet. is it an interesting story how you got your phone nicked?  I think this weeks picture is one of the gang that nicked it. she s spending the money she got for it on poker. any way glad your ok.  when are you back, theres no one to tease when your not here.
  • edited August 2009
    Hey all, Thanks for the concern, but the terrorists missed on this occasion! I´ve been to the Falklands, Kosovo and Belfast in the last few years on various filming assignments and I get bombed in Majorca of all places! To be honest, I knew nothing about it till a mate of mine texted me that evening. I did wonder why there were police everywhere on Thursday and it took us 4 hours to get across the island by car (usual time 30-40 minutes)! And sorry for the delay in replying- there´s only two internet terminals here at the hotel, which as you can imagine are being used 24-7, AND I´ve had my phone stolen (or my Blackberry thingie, as Tikay put it) So, I´m completely disconnected from the world. Weird, but quite refreshing really. I bet Orpey had better access to emails and phone-calls up Kilimanjaro...
    Posted by RichOrford
    Hi Rich so glad to hear you and the family are ok, guessing you are enjoying your break, really looking forward to you return even if it does mean back with tikay.

Take care mate
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Richard Orford : Hi Rich so glad to hear you and the family are ok, guessing you are enjoying your break, really looking forward to you return even if it does mean back with tikay. Take care mate
    Posted by acebarry10
    i have to say barry you are such a truely likeable fella ,,glad rich n family are ok ,,barry m8 you sound like you have a heart of gold good on ya ..mind you tho QPR will still beat wednesday..take care barry
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Richard Orford : i have to say barry you are such a truely likeable fella ,,glad rich n family are ok ,,barry m8 you sound like you have a heart of gold good on ya ..mind you tho QPR will still beat wednesday..take care barry
    Posted by razorkev
    Hi kev, thnks for that m8 greatly appreciated, course you know Rich will reaken WBA will beat us both and as we both know, no chance speak to you later m8

Cheers
  • edited August 2009

good to hear you and family are ok Rich enjoy the rest of your Holiday

• edited August 2009
    Alan & I are glad you are ok mate :) check out my blogs - i'm grinding ala' your advice!
  • edited August 2009
    I´ve been to the Falklands, Kosovo and Belfast in the last few years on various filming assignments and I get bombed in Majorca of all places! Posted by RichOrford
    All you need is a two week package tour to Baghdad and you will have the whole set!

Though I would advise you don't go if its working for Sky News - I don't think they would appreciate their correspondent missing a little event like a bombing a few streets away lol
  • edited August 2009

Unbelievable.

I wrote to Rich, thusly.....

Did you HAVE to Bomb Majorca, just because  the Hotel was *****? (Had to Edit that, to be Forum compliant).
    />  
    /> Seriously, you OK?

He replied...

Hehe. Yes, we´re all fine thanks. I did wonder why there were police
    everywhere on Thursday and it took us 4 hours to make a 40 minute journey
    across the island! Had no idea what was going on till a mate texted me at
    the end of the day with the news.

I´ve been to Kosovo, the Falkland Islands and Belfast in the last few
    years and I get bombed in Majorca of all places!

I miss you very much, life seems empty without you to help & guide me.

And I replied.....

So, let's get this right? There we all were, worrying about you, & you are OK, & you have not been bombed, or anything?

Out of order if you ask me.

• edited August 2009
    Unbelievable. I wrote to Rich, thusly..... Did you HAVE to Bomb Majorca, just because  the Hotel was *****? (Had to Edit that, to be Forum compliant). />   /> Seriously, you OK? He replied... Hehe. Yes, we´re all fine thanks. I did wonder why there were police everywhere on Thursday and it took us 4 hours to make a 40 minute journey across the island! Had no idea what was going on till a mate texted me at the end of the day with the news. I´ve been to Kosovo, the Falkland Islands and Belfast in the last few years and I get bombed in Majorca of all places! I miss you very much, life seems empty without you to help & guide me. And I replied..... So, let's get this right? There we all were, worrying about you, & you are OK, & you have not been bombed, or anything? Out of order if you ask me.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yup Only Rich could do it ;)

• edited August 2009
    glad u and yours r good richard. ace barry u r one nice guy