You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TIKAAAAAAAAAAY

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat
My name is KUN-ster please can we sort this out maybe drop me a line so i can say what my name is the proper way coz it NOTHING like you and DP said ...u made it sound soo bad my name kunal hence the KUN bit........my mates watched the show and thought i was making it up............:(

Comments

• edited May 2010
    In Response to TIKAAAAAAAAAAY:
    My name is KUN-ster please can we sort this out maybe drop me a line so i can say what my name is the proper way coz it NOTHING like you and DP said ...u made it sound soo bad my name kunal hence the KUN bit........my mates watched the show and thought i was making it up............:(
    Posted by kunster
    Hi Kunal,

You have to credit us with a bit of nous!

We deliberately mis-pronounced it, in agreement with the Producer of the Show, for obvious reasons. It was that, or not feature you at all.

Repeatedly saying a name like that would eventually cause a very dangerous slip of the tongue we could ill afford.

One suggestion we discussed was to pronounce the "u" as an "oo", but that was even more inappropriate, & liable to get us in trouble from the usual suspects.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: TIKAAAAAAAAAAY:
    In Response to TIKAAAAAAAAAAY : Hi Kunal, You have to credit us with a bit of nous! We deliberately mis-pronounced it, in agreement with the Producer of the Show, for obvious reasons. It was that, or not feature you at all. Repeatedly saying a name like that would eventually cause a very dangerous slip of the tongue we could ill afford. One suggestion we discussed was to pronounce the "u" as an "oo", but that was even more inappropriate, & liable to get us in trouble from the usual suspects.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I fully understand lol, Its not said either way you both think. it more like this ummm how can I give example like this. kunnnnnnnnnnnnn........ster saying with oo lolol now that is defo how its NOT said lol....anyway way I could change my name on hear then?
    Other then that was well happy to be on the show good times my first claim to fame EVER lol cheers buddy. Will be down Brighton 2morro afternoon and wednesday night. Hope oneday i see you there and can finally tell you how its said
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: TIKAAAAAAAAAAY : I fully understand lol, Its not said either way you both think. it more like this ummm how can I give example like this. kunnnnnnnnnnnnn........ster saying with oo lolol now that is defo how its NOT said lol....anyway way I could change my name on hear then? Other then that was well happy to be on the show good times my first claim to fame EVER lol cheers buddy. Will be down Brighton 2morro afternoon and wednesday night. Hope oneday i see you there and can finally tell you how its said
    Posted by kunster

LOL.. Just LOL. Get yourself qualified for SPT Swansea Or Nottingham Kunnnnnnnnnnnn...Ster!! I want to know how on earth to say your name. I'm too scared to even try. Inappropriate words jump out of my mouth without me even thinking about it ;)

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: TIKAAAAAAAAAAY : LOL.. Just LOL. Get yourself qualified for SPT Swansea Or Nottingham Kunnnnnnnnnnnn...Ster!! I want to know how on earth to say your name. I'm too scared to even try. Inappropriate words jump out of my mouth without me even thinking about it ;)
    Posted by LML

Well matey lets sort this out with one quick phone call live on air.............its really not as not as bad as you all think, maybe thats just how your minds work eh ;)
    Its a little frustrating as everyone thinks its bad but when I made it I never though it would make such a stir!
    Boo :(
  • edited May 2010
    Sorry but gotta laugh, images of high powered meetings behind locked doors at Sky HQ, "Right gentlemen whos for u and whos for oo?"
  • edited May 2010

Lol, & yes, it is rather odd.

But it is a fact that when kunster first joined the Forum, there was much giggling at the back of the classroom as to the phonetics, & it was even suggested "how long before he's forced to change that alias?", & "what chance has HE of being shown on the channel?".

The alias is perfectly fine, & wholly genuine - he's now explained that - but we have to be SO careful, as you saw from the some of the ridiculously extreme & myopic Posts on the Multi-Accounting thread yesterday.

As far as I'm concerned, peeps can mock all they like, but I believe we handled the whole matter in the correct manner.

Everyone tells Sky Poker how to run their business - all experts at it, seemingly - but there is a bit more to it than meets the eye at times. ;)

Interesting thread, it's good to debate these things civilly, & see both sides of the coin.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: TIKAAAAAAAAAAY : Well matey lets sort this out with one quick phone call live on air.............its really not as not as bad as you all think, maybe thats just how your minds work eh ;) Its a little frustrating as everyone thinks its bad but when I made it I never though it would make such a stir! Boo :(
    Posted by kunster
    Phonetically, it IS, irrespective of it's innocence.

Never underestimate the power of poker players to over-react to anything, seek an argument for arguments sake, & then & be led as sheep are by a shepherd.

As a result, the Channel are never going to be able to use that name phonetically, sadly.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: TIKAAAAAAAAAAY : Phonetically, it IS, irrespective of it's innocence. Never underestimate the power of poker players to over-react to anything, seek an argument for arguments sake, & then & be led as sheep are by a shepherd. As a result, the Channel are never going to be able to use that name phonetically, sadly.
    Posted by Tikay10
    It is a valid comment.....I was getting my youngest daughter to practice saying kun-ster over and over again this morning before I took her to nursery, and to be fair it was not sounding too clever. Bit worried I might get a phone call from the school now as well :0(
  • edited May 2010
    hi kunster, can't you just change your name to Colin like most of the other players lol
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: TIKAAAAAAAAAAY : It is a valid comment.....I was getting my youngest daughter to pratice saying kun-ster over and over again this morning before I took her to nursery, and to be fair it was not sounding too clever. Bit worried I might get a phone call from the school now as well :0(
    Posted by emilyegg
    And there you have it.
  • edited May 2010
    hi kunster, can't you just change your name to Colin like most of the other players lol
    Posted by labrat64
     LOL. If he does that we will get another 200 post thread on how is trying to deceive us!
  • edited May 2010
    Lol, & yes, it is rather odd. But it is a fact that when kunster first joined the Forum, there was much giggling at the back of the classroom as to the phonetics, & it was even suggested "how long before he's forced to change that alias?", & "what chance has HE of being shown on the channel?". The alias is perfectly fine, & wholly genuine - he's now explained that - but we have to be SO careful, as you saw from the some of the ridiculously extreme & myopic Posts on the Multi-Accounting thread yesterday. As far as I'm concerned, peeps can mock all they like, but I believe we handled the whole matter in the correct manner. Everyone tells Sky Poker how to run their business - all experts at it, seemingly - but there is a bit more to it than meets the eye at times. ;) Interesting thread, it's good to debate these things civilly, & see both sides of the coin.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Lol, sorry TK my intention certainly wasn't to mock, totally understand responsibilities of Sky, my sense of humour obviously isn't to everyone's taste but can't help myself from looking for the humorous side of situations. With regard to multi accounting thread, one of the pitfalls of encouraging members to use the forum, one will undoubtedly encounter as you say extreme and myopic views which to many of us make no sense whatsoever. However, it is only by having an open debate, misguided posts or not that we can move forward as a community under Skys banner.
    I'm sure at the heart of this community there is a trust that Sky will always act responsibly and put its patrons interest at the top of any agenda.Can't agree with your comment"Everyone tells SkyPoker.......seemingly", i feel there are many well intentioned people who thoroughly support this site through words and time spent using it as i'm sure you are far more well aware of then me and perhaps on occasion, passion overrides common sense.
    On a personal note, you and your fellow presenters do a fantastic job( yes even the bald one)and i have gained a thoroughly enjoyable education from the Sky community.
    All the best for Skys continued success.
    Yours affectionally   :~)
  • edited May 2010

Tara5, I was certainly not suggesting you were mocking, just that it's the way of Online Poker Forums.

They are terrific feedback-generators, they really are, but as we saw yesterday, the wheat needs a good deal of sorting from the chaff, & nobody ventures an opinion - they all know the facts. ("Ban him", "name him", "hang him"). Not much room for debate when that happens!

Now, back to Ku...koo...or the name we came up with on one Show for him - "The Club" I think it was - "Claire". ;) 
  • edited May 2010

Just re-reading my Post Tara5 - I'm a little alarmed that it does not in fact read as I intended, coming across as rather rude.

That was certainly not my intention, my sincere apologies. I abhor rudeness.

Gotta say, I thought yesterday was a sad day for our Community, to see so many people eagerly rushing to judgement, & it's rather clouded my thinking.
  • edited May 2010
    words jump out of my mouth without me even thinking about it ;), LM, you would never do anything like that ;)
  • edited May 2010
    Lol, sorry mate misunderstood, i hope "you know who" is more understanding when he hears that he is now "claire" 
  • edited May 2010
    Just go for a bit of harry potter inspiration, you could call him "He who must not be named" :)
  • edited May 2010
    You're never rude TK, just assertive. Btw have you renamed me from TARAS to Tara5, best get this sorted quickly i don't wanna be accused of multi accounting as i posted on other thread can only afford one of me to play defo not two.
  • edited May 2010
    I have now got the fame I soooo craved at the start of the week. Will be doing book signing later on this week if anyone is intrested. The book is called "kunster the man begind the mask" ;)

Went to that other cdasino today in brighton Mr Tikay and i agree it is much better the the G on the seafront......shame they wouldnt take my chips there lol.
    From what I saw too nice card room.........ah well 2morro is anotherday.
  • edited May 2010
    Lol, & yes, it is rather odd. But it is a fact that when kunster first joined the Forum, there was much giggling at the back of the classroom as to the phonetics, & it was even suggested "how long before he's forced to change that alias?", & "what chance has HE of being shown on the channel?". The alias is perfectly fine, & wholly genuine - he's now explained that - but we have to be SO careful, as you saw from the some of the ridiculously extreme & myopic Posts on the Multi-Accounting thread yesterday. As far as I'm concerned, peeps can mock all they like, but I believe we handled the whole matter in the correct manner. Everyone tells Sky Poker how to run their business - all experts at it, seemingly - but there is a bit more to it than meets the eye at times. ;) Interesting thread, it's good to debate these things civilly, & see both sides of the coin.
    Posted by Tikay10
    yesterday i played against someone called mr_a nus!! isnt that more of a risky name?? lol
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: TIKAAAAAAAAAAY : yesterday i played against someone called mr_a nus!! isnt that more of a risky name?? lol
    Posted by donkeyplop
    I did ask how i could go about changing my name but no1 answered me soooo I left it. I know how iuts ment to be said and its not how everyone thinks it is! I would like to change my name to kuntang which is my other nick name if this could be done then good times!

Haha just relised the same problem would happen lolol cant be bothered to delete post now
  • edited May 2010
    kuntang is much, much better

yeah...that'll do it :)
  • edited May 2010
    anything starting with Kun will be a bit tricky to pronounce on tv...

How about "retsnuk"? thats your name backwards lol.

• edited May 2010