You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Phil Taylor - LEGEND!!!

edited May 2010 in The Shed
This guy just won the premier league and made 2 x 9 dart finishes in the final. Superb!!!

Comments

• edited May 2010
    ffs I missed it Phil. Watched the 9-darter that Barney made at the World Championship.....But Two 9-darters in a single match.....Bet the place was bouncing.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Phil Taylor - LEGEND!!!:
    ffs I missed it Phil. Watched the 9-darter that Barney made at the World Championship.....But Two 9-darters in a single match..... Bet the place was bouncing.
    Posted by emilyegg
    He was on for a 3rd straight after as well. Got the first 7 and then missed the treble 17.  The crowd started booing him lol :)
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Phil Taylor - LEGEND!!!:
    This guy just won the premier league and made 2 x 9 dart finishes in the final. Superb!!!
    Posted by phil12uk
    Which legs were they...i only managed to tape it when the score was 7-5 i think :-(
  • edited May 2010

Noticed it is being re-run on SS1 at 1.45 am. Thanks for posting Phil...Never even knew it was on tonight, always automatically think "Thursday". Epic Fail.

*****Edit, Hit Two 9-Darters of My Own Today....but it was here*****

http://www.mccoys.co.uk/#/menu/

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Phil Taylor - LEGEND!!! : Which legs were they...i only managed to tape it when the score was 7-5 i think :-(
    Posted by DeuceAK-47
    Legs 2 and 15! You can already view them on YouTube...
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Phil Taylor - LEGEND!!! : Legs 2 and 15! You can already view them on YouTube...
    Posted by Action_Dan
    Thanks Dan :-)
  • edited May 2010
    Gutted i missed this, watched the leaghue every thrusday just didnt relasie it was on :(

Was hoping for taylor to lose tho, cant stand the bloke, that said cant disagree he is a legend and 2 9 darters is fantastic
  • edited May 2010
    Why Phil Taylor has not received the plaudits of other sportsmen and women is almost criminal. 15 times world champion, the best ever player of the game, and still no recognition for his efforts. I know the BBC shun him for Sports Personality because they are only contracted to the inferior darts organisation, but why has he never had an honour from the State. Some people will say that he only plays a pub game, but still the achievements in his chosen field will never be surpassed.
  • edited May 2010

And he is from GOD's Country!!!!........STOKE!!

* Not all blokes called PHIL are luckboxes!!......some are VERY GOOD at their 'sport' *

:) ) ) ) 
  • edited May 2010
    And he is from GOD's Country!!!!........STOKE!! * Not all blokes called PHIL are luckboxes!!......some are VERY GOOD at their 'sport' * :) ) ) ) 
    Posted by MAXALLY
    LOL

• edited May 2010
    its being repeated ok sky sports 1 now for those who missed it..

the firsat 9 darter already gone currently 2-2
  • edited May 2010
    One player i cant stand though is James Blanking Wade. He is such a tossbag with self aprraising guff like' it took him 2 9-darters to beat me' and 'theres more to come from James Wade'. I mean, 3rd person stuff? is he a wrestler of something? self praise is no honour. his avg was 12 points behind taylor.  
  • edited May 2010
    One player i cant stand though is James Blanking Wade. He is such a tossbag with self aprraising guff like' it took him 2 9-darters to beat me' and 'theres more to come from James Wade'. I mean, 3rd person stuff? is he a wrestler of something? self praise is no honour. his avg was 12 points behind taylor.  
    Posted by theneons
    What about Mervin King ???,i find him a lot worse than
    Wade.I mean he comes on to the stage to Bow Down
    To The King.Doesn`t do him self any favours does he ??.
    Never mind those losers anyway they can`t touch PHIL.
    BEST DARTS EVER BAR NONE.

THE MAN IS A GOD...(WELL I THINK SO).
  • edited May 2010
    If he was a cyclist, runner, rower, footballer, boxer, in fact any other sport he would be a sir by now
  • edited May 2010
    Why Phil Taylor has not received the plaudits of other sportsmen and women is almost criminal. 15 times world champion, the best ever player of the game, and still no recognition for his efforts. I know the BBC shun him for Sports Personality because they are only contracted to the inferior darts organisation, but why has he never had an honour from the State. Some people will say that he only plays a pub game, but still the achievements in his chosen field will never be surpassed.
    Posted by labrat64
    i agree he should of been recognised years ago for his achievements, but it`s nothing to do with the bbc & their darts or that some people class it as a pub game. it`s all down to what happened in scotland a few years ago & those that make the decision's dont want any bad publicity. he will never get honoured.
  • edited May 2010
    I like Phil, have met him in asda quite a few times and always says hi, but to be fair darts players shouldn't be knighted. He should be in running for BBC sports personallity atleast though.
    Posted by Mrs_Miyagi
    In any other circumstace, i would agree, but having looked at a lot of the other people who get knighted, i have to dissagree, also he does a lot for charity. What did Alan Sugar do to deserve a 'sir' or a 'lord' - give money to political parties, there are hundreds like him,also why Andrew lloyd webber, steve Redgrave, and that cyclist,terry Wogan, none of these are any more worthy IMO.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Phil Taylor - LEGEND!!! : What about Mervin King ???,i find him a lot worse than Wade.I mean he comes on to the stage to Bow Down To The King.Doesn`t do him self any favours does he ??. Never mind those losers anyway they can`t touch PHIL. BEST DARTS EVER BAR NONE. THE MAN IS A GOD...(WELL I THINK SO).
    Posted by STEVEMAX
    i do remember Merv being a drama queen when he jumped ship from the BDO, so i take your point.

On the flipside, John Part is the nicest guy in the PDC, got his autumograph too, the wife works for sky and he visited the call centre in Livingston and did a meet and greet. total gent.
  • edited May 2010

just watched it.......wow. unreal.

• edited May 2010
    I like Phil, have met him in asda quite a few times and always says hi, but to be fair darts players shouldn't be knighted. He should be in running for BBC sports personallity atleast though.
    Posted by Mrs_Miyagi
    Eric bristow is an M.B.E. Phil was nomitated in 2001 but like i said other things went against him and his nomination was annulled, so there is no chance of him ever getting the credit he deserves, But he knows he is the best thats ever been, so does it bother him, thats only for him to answer.
  • edited May 2010
     Phil Taylor is above being knighted,

Phil Taylor is
             GOD....