You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Does anyone else dream of poker or am I just weird?!!!

edited May 2010 in The Shed
I dream wierd dreams all the time...some of them about poker so anyone else dream about poker too?

Comments

• edited May 2010

Yes !!!

One player on here I had a nightmare about.

We were playing omaha, I had a double suited hand, hearts and spades.

The other guy had a hand with 4 of the same suit. Well I say that, they were grapes. He had 4 grapes!!!

Anyway my brother was dealing. When I say dealing, he was pulling cards out of a bag. Anyway the flop came HEART HEART GRAPE. 

Turn was a GRAPE.

So we have a flush draw each.

Anyway, I said to the dealer, there cant be anymore grapes left on that bunch....

The river came, and inevitably, he made the grape flush. 

I was gutted, was a massive pot, lost to a guy I really hate losing to! (wasn't zing btw)

I need to stay off the ale.

True story tho
  • edited May 2010
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!! OMG I don't think I have laughed so much for ages!!!
    I'm just soooo happy I'm not the only odd (or special as my hubby calls me) person on here :o)
    ps..that's a compliment! lol
  • edited May 2010
    well if you are weird then so are me and my imaginary freind. we both have bad dreams about sitting at a poker table with Tikay for hours with him talking non-stop about trains!!
  • edited May 2010
    Must admit I don't dream about poker
     A recurring dream I do have though is very strange. I get to the street were I live and all the door numbers are missing and all the houses are in the wrong places. The frustration of not being able to find my own house always wakes me up! But then again I am weird! :P
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Does anyone else dream of poker or am I just weird?!!!:
    Must admit I don't dream about poker  A recurring dream I do have though is very strange. I get to the street were I live and all the door numbers are missing and all the houses are in the wrong places. The frustration of not being able to find my own house always wakes me up! But then again I am weird! :P
    Posted by Donut64
    LOL Donut, are you our Postman?
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Does anyone else dream of poker or am I just weird?!!! : LOL Donut, are you our Postman?
    Posted by emilyegg
     No Im just a lost soul! :)
  • edited May 2010
    I don't often have dreams, but when I do they are always about Richard Orford.
  • edited May 2010
    wow guys...i do feel 'slightly'more normal now! lol
  • edited May 2010
    Excellent thread Nana

I'm obviously not as 24/7 committed to poker as I should be - only have some vague idea that I may have been going over some hands in my sleep at some point - nothing I can pin down.

Main reason for posting is that I have to say Dohhhhhhh's reply is absolutely brilliant.....forget that blarney competition in the poker clinic.....post of this (or any) week for me.
  • edited May 2010

Yeah Dud Butini...Dohhhhhhh's reply made me laugh for ages!!!
    I'm also glad to see 5 other people clicked that they do also dream of poker and only 4 think im a bit odd...that's quiet a result for me! hahaha

Well now I'm having really 'not normal' dreams!
    other night was I was walking my customers dogs in a big park in the dark where they have tunnel/bridges you have to walk under.....my hubby was on the other side of ready to swap dogs and everytime I got half way through something would jump out and attack me!
    First one was a leopard which I kicked away...so hubby shouts "it's ok, its gone now!" and then a tiger jumps out and attacks me so I shouted "THAT'S ENOUGH!" and then threw it a gravy bone near the wall so I could go past!
    Anyway....this dream went on and on until my hubby touched my hand as I was asleep and I jumped half a mile in the air apparently!
    ....think I need a holiday?!!

• edited May 2010
    Yes !!! One player on here I had a nightmare about. We were playing omaha, I had a double suited hand, hearts and spades. The other guy had a hand with 4 of the same suit. Well I say that, they were grapes. He had 4 grapes!!! Anyway my brother was dealing. When I say dealing, he was pulling cards out of a bag. Anyway the flop came HEART HEART GRAPE.  Turn was a GRAPE. So we have a flush draw each. Anyway, I said to the dealer, there cant be anymore grapes left on that bunch.... The river came, and inevitably, he made the grape flush.  I was gutted, was a massive pot, lost to a guy I really hate losing to! (wasn't zing btw) I need to stay off the ale. True story tho
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

hahahahaha pmsl, I only just read this . Quality........save them grapes and I will make some wine

ps, who was the player,
  • edited May 2010
    I don't often have dreams, but when I do they are always about Richard Orford.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    NOW THATS WEIRD?