You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should I be raising?

edited May 2010 in The Poker Clinic
soundie Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £2.96
hulk24 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £1.01
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • A

alegna1 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £1.80
Dudeskin8 Raise  £0.16 £0.26 £3.89
dragon22 Call  £0.16 £0.42 £5.65
MANU19 Fold     
soundie Fold     
hulk24 Fold     
alegna1 Call  £0.12 £0.54 £1.68
Flop

• Q

alegna1 Bet  £0.04 £0.58 £1.64
Dudeskin8
I have absoultely nout but this pointless bet is made infornt of me, I also have someone behind who could have anything, is it too tight to just fold here ?

Comments

• edited May 2010
    reraise everytime for me as im always continuation betting this board and that bet is generaly weaker than a check.
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah I was definitely c-betting this board but seen as I only have one over plus the fact bluffing can be dangerous down here as it gets called extremely light I was wary. I just hate the spot where it's called then I don't know where I am.
  • edited May 2010

Most players are loose passive so i would just give up on the turn and river unless improved...obviously if they bet weak on the river i will call a small bet with ace high.

In general though when a loose passive player calls the flop their not giving up easily, i played a hand similar to this at 50nl, same kind of flop i continuation bet, turn comes a club so i bet again as i have equity with a flush draw, river is a brick but i go all in as i think the villain is weak.....they were weak but they still called with pocket 22,s.

So at these stakes i would continuation bet alot to capatalize on dead money but give up on alot of turns, this line obviously sounds exploitable but its fine to play exploitably when the players are not good enough to exploit you, hope this makes some kind of sense :-)

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Should I be raising?:
    Most players are loose passive so i would just give up on the turn and river unless improved...obviously if they bet weak on the river i will call a small bet with ace high. In general though when a loose passive player calls the flop their not giving up easily, i played a hand similar to this at 50nl, same kind of flop i continuation bet, turn comes a club so i bet again as i have equity with a flush draw, river is a brick but i go all in as i think the villain is weak.....they were weak but they still called with pocket 22,s. So at these stakes i would continuation bet alot to capatalize on dead money but give up on alot of turns, this line obviously sounds exploitable but its fine to play exploitably when the players are not good enough to exploit you, hope this makes some kind of sense :-)
    Posted by DeuceAK-47
    Ye, totally get ya. When you miss the flop 67% of time you have to c-bet or else let players catch up for free which can't be good. Strangely enough I had a similar hand to yours I had QQ bet 3 streets they called everytime and checked HH and they had 2's. A lot of players just can't fold a hand lol.