You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

just started playing cash can i have some advice please??

edited May 2010 in The Poker Clinic
hi all ive started playing cash and ive been doing ok winning overall but not very much!

coming from dyms i think maybe i am playing too tight!

should i loosen up a bit and raise more pots etc???

do i need to risk more to get paid off??

any advice would help alot

cheers.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    depends what level you play at.

Some advice which has done me some good for cash is "You don't need to pull any fancy moves or make any bluffs, just play big hands and make sure you value bet when you hit, and don't call chasing draws unless you have the good odds"

• edited May 2010
    If by starting you mean at 4NL then generally just play descent hands and when you hit strong bet 3/4 - pot everytime. Try and be in position as much as possible and also if you have weakish hands like A10/KJ resist just calling raises as you can often be dominated, its best to raise with these then fold to resistance.

Another big difference to dym's is the instant reload, be careful if you lose your whole stack in one hand, you don't wanna be tilting when playing, does not help trust me.

Finally BR, stick to it !
  • edited May 2010

Aup Donk ;)

Im nowhere near qualified to go preeching, telling u exactly what to do, and when to do it, that wouldn't help anyone.

But 4nl is the level I can confidently say I have beat.

I a watch ALOT of poker on sky - as ya probli no, I only play when I have a drink, so unless I wanna booze every day (I wish I cud) then I have alot of time to watch tables. I enjoy watching more than playing...

If you want me to watch one of your cash sessions, and give feedback/talk about hands etc, PM me your M S N if you have it, if not, ur email, and ill note specific hand id's and bring them up after the session, and we can go through them.

This will help me as well as you.

PM me if you're intrested, if not, gl  :)

DOHH
  • edited May 2010
    yes ive only been playing nl4 just to test the water!!

sounds good dohhhhhhh!!

i will take you up on that kind offer :)

pm sent................

oh and thanks for the advice from the others.

i try not to call any raises unless i have a real strong hand so i never end down much playing cash, but at the same time i rarely end up with a massive stack!!
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: just started playing cash can i have some advice please??:
    Aup Donk ;) Im nowhere near qualified to go preeching, telling u exactly what to do, and when to do it, that wouldn't help anyone. But 4nl is the level I can confidently say I have beat. I a watch ALOT of poker on sky - as ya probli no, I only play when I have a drink, so unless I wanna booze every day (I wish I cud) then I have alot of time to watch tables. I enjoy watching more than playing... If you want me to watch one of your cash sessions, and give feedback/talk about hands etc, PM me your M S N if you have it, if not, ur email, and ill note specific hand id's and bring them up after the session, and we can go through them. This will help me as well as you. PM me if you're intrested, if not, gl  :) DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Wow what an amazing offer by Dohhhhhhh, free coaching by arguably the best ssnl player on sky.
  • edited May 2010
    yeah i know id be mad to refuse such mentoring!!