You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday's Sky Sports DeepStack.Where are you?

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat

This month's £220 Biggie is only TWO days away, & I'm indebted to a Sky poker regular for reminding me of this via PM

For those fortunate enough to be able to afford it, or who have won a Seat, it's the greatest comp ever ever ever, beautifully structured, a real Rolls-Royce of a Tourney. It's also covered on the Thursday night Live Sky Sports Simulcast.

Amazingly, though maybe I judged it wrong, because I assumed it woUld ALWAYS sell-out, it only has 21 runners thus far.

I hope all the Seats go (it has a cap of 50) between now & Thursday evening, because I always said I would love to play it, but would not play it if it were going to hit the cap, that would be wrong really.

So unless it fills, I'll be playing it on Thursday. And that will cost me £220. ;( 

Here is the field as of now....

aussie094000BananaDog4000BIGBOY4684000centurian4000chrisuk0214000ctbn4000dantb104000DUTCHESS624000feetfirst_4000freechips14000gell074000Graveltrax4000J1MBOE4000karlluke4000kyle204000mabbac4000mogsy19574000Ozzie084000phil12uk4000SHY-BOY4000SMOKINJOE4000

Comments

• edited May 2010
    thanks for starting this tikay, this is a great structed mtt.
    If it dont hit the 8k mark i cant see sky putting it on again, i would hate that as its the best mtt on sky.
    Come lads and girls get in the satallites.  last month i got in for £10.50 and won it (£3k).
    Im glad to see you in this tikay should be a easy 4000 chips for someone, lol
  • edited May 2010
    I'm in tonight's QF Satellite which starts in 5 mins. My record with deep stack tourneys i'll admit aint the best but it would be nice to get into tomorrow's S-Final Satellite and who knows what might happen after that.
  • edited May 2010
    16 runners in the qtr final £10.50, 2 mins left to register good luck to all.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Thursday's Sky Sports DeepStack.Where are you?:
    I'm in tonight's QF Satellite which starts in 5 mins. My record with deep stack tourneys i'll admit aint the best but it would be nice to get into tomorrow's S-Final Satellite and who knows what might happen after that.
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
    im a cash player, not that good with mtt if i can do it anyone can. gl in the qtr, a big prize for a small lay out.
  • edited May 2010

Well what a superb QF i have had - OUT FIRST IN 20TH!!!... :)

Had a pair of 4's so i decided to min raise on the button, got 2 callers, flop comes 7-K-4 with 2 spades and i thought nice i've hit my set so i thought half bet the pot to try and show weakness and hopefully induce a raise which happened so had a little think and decided to min re-raise thinking my opponent was on 2 pair then i got a re-re-raise of which i thought surely if i shove he has to have either 2 pair or Aces and nothing else and ill get paid so i shoved and sadly for me my opponent called me with a set of 7's! - BAD TIMES!!! :)

Gutted is one word i'd like to describe how i'm feeling at the moment but its just one of those things that happens and i'll bounce back from it!....

• edited May 2010
    just very ul im afreaid, i hopr you can have another go tomorrow, if it helps i am also gonna lose my stack if it happend to me.
  • edited May 2010
    Well what a superb QF i have had - OUT FIRST IN 20TH!!!... :) Had a pair of 4's so i decided to min raise on the button, got 2 callers, flop comes 7-K-4 with 2 spades and i thought nice i've hit my set so i thought half bet the pot to try and show weakness and hopefully induce a raise which happened so had a little think and decided to min re-raise thinking my opponent was on 2 pair then i got a re-re-raise of which i thought surely if i shove he has to have either 2 pair or Aces and nothing else and ill get paid so i shoved and sadly for me my opponent called me with a set of 7's! - BAD TIMES!!! :) Gutted is one word i'd like to describe how i'm feeling at the moment but its just one of those things that happens and i'll bounce back from it!....
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
    unlucky mate and oops soz lol , never mind my exit with 7 left i had ak opponent 99 all in pre flop, i flopped an ace he rivered a flush .guttad bye bye fin.
  • edited May 2010

Oh don't worry about it, i'm not i just got very unlucky and it happens so i move on to the next tournament. I'll get in that £8k Deep Stack somehow and when that will be who knows but my main aims on the tables at the moment are to try and finally take down an 8pm main event and maybe just maybe try and qualify for SPT Swansea.

• edited May 2010

Hi Tikay

When this tourney was 1st announced & 10 seats were up for grabs via League Freeroll imo i was dubious BUT I WAS WRONG  i was being negative & can now see that in fact its the best tourney on the site at present however the buy-in is way over my Bankroll at the mo but i will be trying to get in via sats or via League gl 2 all that are in this

michael
  • edited May 2010
    BUMP!!!

Guys, there are direct sats for the semi happening right now and the semi final for the tourney is at 9.30.  It would be great to see this tourney supported.  Also if the field is low, what better value do you want?

Hopefully see all of you lovely people with a, err I mean, in the semi.  :)
  • edited May 2010
    If I had any skill, I'd definitely enter this, because the format is lovely... just my type of game.

Actually, if I had the skill and the bankroll, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Sorry, what I meant to say was, If I had the skill and bankroll, and was slimmer and better looking, I'd consider it. 

What I mean to say is, I'm having a band rehearsal on that night anyway, and they can't play without a bassist. In other words, I have no gym kit and anyway, I've got a note from Mum saying how bad my cough is. And the dog ate my homework on the bus too.

I also have a low sugar intake and bruise exceptionally easily, so can't get involved in any rough stuff.

Apart from that, I'm pretty confident I'd emerge victorious... so you're all pretty lucky I can't play really.

Good luck all.

*sniff*

• edited May 2010
    I have qualified for the semi tonight via last nights QF, in which I recovered from c400 chips.  I will consider buying in direct if I do not get in through the Semi as I enjoyed the last one immensely.
  • edited May 2010
    30 runners so far
     aussie094000  
    BananaDog4000  
    BIGBOY4684000  
    centurian4000  
    chrisuk0214000  
    ctbn4000  
    dantb104000  
    DrMarbles4000  
    DUTCHESS624000  
    feetfirst_4000  
    freechips14000  
    gell074000  
    Graveltrax4000  
    Hutchy734000  
    J1MBOE4000  
    karlluke4000  
    kyle204000  
    mabbac4000  
    mogsy19574000  
    Ozzie084000  
    patey094000  
    penguin74000  
    phil12uk4000  
    qwtf_Gman4000  
    shady9694000  
    SHY-BOY4000  
    SMOKINJOE4000  
    SoLack4000  
    TommyD4000  
    welp4000
  • edited May 2010

31 now, with nicoll03 joining the fray.

I would not play this if it looks like selling out, but if there are spare seats, I will.

I'll enter it now - on my personal account, "tikay1", & if the numbers look like reaching the 50 cap, I will withdraw.
  • edited May 2010
  • edited May 2010

Back to 31!

DrMarbles seems to have disappeared.
  • edited May 2010
    Tikay i see no reason why you should de-register as you ARE a paying customer on your personal account as Tikay1.Surely you therefore have as much right to play this as does any other customer.If it was the account of Tikay 10 then yes i could see your point.Hope you DO play in it and the best of luck sir.dav
  • edited May 2010

The value has arrived - welcome aboard HAYSIE!

Back to 32 now.
  • edited May 2010
    Tikay i see no reason why you should de-register as you ARE a paying customer on your personal account as Tikay1.Surely you therefore have as much right to play this as does any other customer.If it was the account of Tikay 10 then yes i could see your point.Hope you DO play in it and the best of luck sir.dav
    Posted by dav1964
    Thanks Dav, & I take your point, which is entirely correct. But really, if the thing sells out, I'd rather withdraw & let someone else play. I life the life of Reilly, so if I have to miss this one, so be it, I can't complain. We shall see.

And you know how it is with poker Forums these days, there'll always be someone ready to take a swipe if my presence were to deny someone a seat, & even worse, cash. As unlikely as that may be. ;)

As things stand, I'll withdraw if it looks like hitting the cap, if not, I'll play it.

I appreciate the Post, I really do, thank you.  

• edited May 2010

Just noticed, there is a 1 seat in 5 Super Satellite for this at FIVE PM (5pm) today.

It's in the Lobby under, well, Satellites!
  • edited May 2010
    im in the satellite at 5pm- but as it stands there is only 2 of us! need at least another 3, so get registerin guys!
  • edited May 2010
    im in the satellite at 5pm- but as it stands there is only 2 of us! need at least another 3, so get registerin guys!
    Posted by Eagle26
    In case you never heard Mr Eagle. ;)
  • edited May 2010
    Posted by Eagle26
    Incase you never heard Tikay!
  • edited May 2010

Lol, love it Cow, this place is really bad on it's bad days, & really good on it's good days!

Today is a good day.

• edited May 2010
    Back to 31! DrMarbles seems to have disappeared.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I had to temporarily unreg to free up some cash after suffering a temporary bout of brutality at the cash tables, but I'm back in now.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Thursday's Sky Sports DeepStack.Where are you? : I had to temporarily unreg to free up some cash after suffering a temporary bout of brutality at the cash tables, but I'm back in now.
    Posted by DrMarbles
    ....and installed as 5/1 joint favourite of 3.

LOVE your description there Mr T. I have a soft spot for folks who can handle their beats like a man.
  • edited May 2010
  • edited May 2010

The Satellite now has FIVE runners, (with an hour to go to kick-off), so that's at least one seat guaranteed, & the Event itself currently has 37 runners, so we are, in effect, up to 38 now.

I think it will reach the cap of 50.
  • edited May 2010
    11 in the sat, meaning 2 more runners to the present 39.  Providing there are no withdrawals it means that thankfully the tourney will exceed it's Guarantee which to be honest is a massive relief.  These are the kinds of tournies I among many others want to see survive.  Oh and Tikay, just to echo Dav's comments, I think you have every right to play if you so choose to.

Should be a good game, good luck everyone and good luck to those battling it out in the Sat.
  • edited May 2010
    good luck to all, can i win it again? keep run too good offshoot away from me and i might, LOL.
    seriously now, it looks a tough feild so whoever wins will be a very worthy winner, gl