You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Post of the week! - The first winner!

edited May 2010 in The Poker Clinic

Congrats toBeaneh!

Dave Bland & myself loved the thread, & in particular, Beaneh's Posts on it, because it;s very east to say "no, call/raise/fold, you idiot, with your hands in the air", but that teaches us nothing except that the author is ignorant.

Posts which explain WHY are the ones we learn from.

Kudos too, to Dohhhhhhh for the thread starter, & Eagle26 for persisting with his line of questioning, genuinely.

Great stuff.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Hey guys,

Ok, so Tikay and Sky Dave have brought their wise [old!] poker minds together and selected the first 'Post of the week'.

The winner is Beaneh for his advice in this thread here.

The guys specifically highlighted the following post (but urged everyone to check out the entire threads worth of discussion)

Eagle if you know that it is a bad call but you still make it, is that bad play?

Well yes and no, as long as you know what you are doing it's fine.

If you truly believe that by calling here with the flush draw and having everyone see that you go all in with 'a speculative hand' then you may well get more action. However you would be assuming that those people you are playing with a) know that you should fold this hand and that b) they will use this information to adapt their play in the long term. 

If you think this is the case then go go go (as I said if someone was deep stacked and I wanted a chance to stack them I might well call it off here looking to build a stack or reload but i'd at the same time be desperate for someone to overcall so that I wasn't making a losing play!).

a special mention also has to go out to Eagle26 - for his part in the discussion.

well done Beaneh - I'll be in touch to arrange your prize.
  • edited May 2010
  • edited May 2010
    I just wanted to give Eagle26 some serious credit for his part in that thread. When someone as sure of their play in a situation as beaneh was it's sometimes easy to stop questioning it and to just agree. Eagle26 asked plenty of good questions, which beaneh then did a great job at fielding.

Great debate, and certainly a lot better than that Cameron/Clegg/Brown lot. :)
  • edited May 2010

welldone Beaneh. suppose this is a good time to admit defeat, and say what he was sayin was spot on and im just a big fishy! like was said in the thread you cant argue with the pure maths beaneh provided. wd mate