You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

LM & Tikay Final table!!

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat

Well Done LISA!.....nice result...

Sounds like there was a good pair playing tonight then..

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Evening all, I have just returned from the Century club Poker game where my KJ lost to AQ and I cashed 5th for £260..

My date for the evening was none other than that Mr Kendall.. Who, although I assured him he was on a promise, is still sat at that there table aiming for Gold!!

I'm sure all will be revealed very soon by the great man himself either on his blog or on this thread.. But I know how you guys like be kept abreast of the situation.. Or something to do with abreast anyway.

x
  • edited May 2010
    plop!!

sorry only got on for 5 minutes and buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusy at work :p x

gl tikay sir
  • edited May 2010
    lol Thanks guys. TIKAY FTW!!!!
  • edited May 2010

WELL DONE LISA AND GOOD LUCK TIKAY  (with the promise)
  • edited May 2010
    Nice one LML - good luck to the old geezer.
    Thanks for the update.
  • edited May 2010
    Well done Lisa-Marie.  No, you cannot add that to your LML bankroll.
  • edited May 2010

Fold those kings heads up TK, look for a better spot !!! ;)

• edited May 2010

Well Done Lisa on your cash & Tikay FTW
  • edited May 2010
    Excellent result Lisa...................come on Tikay, the suspense is killing us - how'd u do?
  • edited May 2010
    WWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII WD LML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AN hopefully you cashed big as well Sir :)
  • edited May 2010
    Wow, well played by both, the forum awaits in suspense to hear where Tikay finished.

Maybe he ended up HU against an equally nitty opponent and they're still playing?
  • edited May 2010

Morning all.

Three of us ended up "doing business", as it was very late, & my last train was imminent.

We did the deal pretty much on chip equity.

The Chip Leader, a most pleasant & beautifully-mannered Asian gentleman, who had earlier busted my Queens with A-T (but was very gracious & apologetic about it) took £800, I took £730, & the other guy, Grub Smith (some of you will remember him from Sky Poker & other stuff) took £500. 

Then there was a "one hand blind turnover" to determine who was the "official" winner, which Grub won, which meant he also won a bottle of Jack Daniels Whisky.

A quick dash to the tube station followed, & I just caught the last Piccadilly Line train, saving me a £50 taxi fare, & I was back at Heathrow by 0130. 

A most pleasing evening, very different to what I am used to, but good to meet new people, & big thanks from me to Lisa-Marie for the invite, & my good friend of many years, Shelley Rubenstein, for hosting the evening.

There were all sorts of TV, Movie, & Theatre people there, and a lot of luvvy-duvvy types. I met two comedians, one a Scottish lady called Wendy, who was awesomely funny, & she is doing a stage show in Finchley this evening, to which she invited me. But Studio committments today mean I have no idea what time I will finish, so I declined.

I was sat next to Michael Greco - "Beppe" as I call him, much to his annoyance, in the Final, & he was wearing a ridiculously silly, but no doubt cool & fashionable, pork-pie hat.

There was another Poker Presenter there, too, from PKR I do believe, I think her name was Chloe, she's an actress too, I gather, & has just made a film with Clint Eastwood. She had an interesting outfit on - a colourful checked shirt. That's it - nothing else. Oh, & high-heel shoes, & long socks which extended way above knee-level.

There were a lot of bankers & City-types there, too. Most interesting.

Two ex-business partners of mine were there too, to whom I had not spoken since a rather acrimonious parting of the ways a while back, so that was a bit awkward, "frosty" shall we say.

Lisa played perfect poker all night, but the Final Table of these things is pretty much determined by Lady Luck, who appears not to be on good terms with Lisa-Marie.

But Lady Luck is seemingly making a move on me. I was outrageously lucky all evening. My 1,500 starting stack was 16,000 before the end of Level 1, (I had no rebuys) aided by a flopped straight v top two, an every street bluff with A-K on a 9 high board, called every street by A-Q, & a quite extraordinary hand, when I 5 bet a 4 better, who then shoved, & I called. She had 8-4. A pip behind my 8-5. The average stack at the time was 2,300, & the Pot was for 28,000. Go figure.

• edited May 2010
    WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!! Nice one Boss!! AND you made the train!!.

Yep Lady luck frowned on my Final table outdraws but I'm chuffed to bits for you Sir xxx
  • edited May 2010
    WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII, way to go LMMMMMMMMM and tikayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Very well done GET IN.
  • edited May 2010

Nice one Tikay.

Who was the unofficial 2 & 3 on the turnover hand as a matter of interest?

I hope we have at least the same percentage of Sky folks on the FT in Vegas this year!!!!