You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How do you deal with...

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat
People you feel can 'see' your cards?

Sometimes I play against someone where I feel my play is so transparent they know exactly what I'm doing, and I can never push a bluff through them, nor do I get called when I actually have the goods. I don't feel I'm doing anything different, I try and make similar plays whether I have the goods or not to make things difficult to read, but occasionally you come up against someone, who through luck or judgement, just totally gets in your head and you can't get them out. I can imagine playing against Negreanu would feel somewhat like that.

How do you cope with situations like this- assuming you've had this happen? Do you change your game, and if so- how do you change it? Tighten up/loosen up/do the same but to a bigger extreme? It doesn't happen often, and I'm never sure if it's my game being read or just luck of the cards going their way- but I'm certainly not confident enough in my game to definitively say it's the cards.

Comments

• edited May 2010
     There is one player like that I come up against and I dont know if they know it!
     What I am going to do is keep playing my normal game. Its like a re-caring dream if you can break it once then it wont come back its seems to me its about persistence and patience.
  • edited May 2010

Just keep playing your 3s, worked well earlier tonight m8 lol
  • edited May 2010
    lol 3's can't be beat when they keep tripping up lol

I put those chips to good use in the end won the tourney by knocking out almost the entire final table... I found the secret! play Q3os as aggro as aces!
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: How do you deal with...:
    lol 3's can't be beat when they keep tripping up lol I put those chips to good use in the end won the tourney by knocking out almost the entire final table... I found the secret! play Q3os as aggro as aces!
    Posted by DeucesLive
    So that's why I can't hit sets, my threes always tie their laces.
  • edited May 2010

Surely the logical thing to do here, is move tables!!

If you know the guy has this sort of power/skill, surely its auwful table selection to sit with him in the first place??

There is a player on here who I feel has this power over me, makes it almost impossible to table select at the level I'd ideally want to play, as he plays 9 tables! lol

Avoid him/her !!!
  • edited May 2010
    I find the trick here to play your hand more confidently and not to worry about the feeling that everyone knows if you have the goods or not is to fool yourself! Squint your eyes and say to yourself..."oh i thought I had 27 but it's actually Kings!!!" and bet accordiangly! lol
    ...also in my house the phase "That's not a raise...THIS IS A RAISE!" seems to be blurted out most days! hahaha!
    ...sorry can't be of more help but I do know what you mean by people seeming to know what hand you have.
    Good luck x