You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PC/Laptop Specifications To Enable To Multi Table On Sky

edited May 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Afternoon all,

At present my desktop can only handle 4 tables max on sky, and my laptop, which is now on its way out aswell can also only handle 3/4, anymore tables on either and it starts auto-folding me UTG or just crashes completely.

Iv tried deleting internet histories, changing browsers etc etc with nothing working, so its deff time 4 me 2 bite the bullet and buy a new desktop, and then prob a new laptop shortly after.

I know alot of regs on here quite easily manage to 8+ tables so my question to any of that can/have done this, what specs do i need to be gettin on my new machines.

My knowledge when it comes to technical stuff is slightly limited, so any help would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks,

Chris 

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Any newish pc should be able to handle a few tables. Windows 7 combined with chrome/firefox or safari should be ok to play 6 easily. Don't need especially large amounts of ram or anything.  With a not particularly special set up I can do ~18. :-)
  • edited May 2010
    you should only be playing 4 tables max. Just my opinion but i do feel strongly about it. Beat your opponents not the rake. Thats my moto.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: PC/Laptop Specifications To Enable To Multi Table On Sky:
    Any newish pc should be able to handle a few tables. Windows 7 combined with chrome/firefox or safari should be ok to play 6 easily. Don't need especially large amounts of ram or anything.  With a not particularly special set up I can do ~18. :-)
    Posted by beaneh
    +1

Although if you want to use multi monitors it becomes more complicated as your going to need extra graphic cards etc.