You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Why do you play?...

edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
Now I love poker. I have been playing online since i turned 18 a couple of years back.

I play poker because I enjoy it. The money is a secondary factor. (Dont get me wrong, when I win money of a decent amount then I am more happy :-) I don't take bad beats to bad because I know at some stage, I will miraculously out-draw someone else's best hand.

At the moment I tend to play the smaller £2/£5 bounty hunters and occasionally the £11/£17 main tournaments. I have won a couple of the smaller ones, cashed in more, but at the end of the day, if I play poker for a couple of hours, win some nice hands, have some decent crack with the other players, then I am happy.

I am fairly tight/aggressive in style. Recently I have had some pretty bad cards but, being knocked out of tournaments when I have gone in ahead, with the odds supposedly in my favour is always fairly re-assuring.

Over the last year, I feel like i have improved alot. Particularly with card percentages and reading peoples potential hands.

The whole point of this post was to find out why you play poker.

Is it because of the money?
The community side?
Any other reason?

Now I don't know anyone on here personally, in fact my postings on this very forum have been limited. I do intend to change that though.

I hope I have not duplicated any other thread, if so then sorry in advance.

Thanks,

Si23 (Dan)

Comments