You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Open vrs £7500 Gtd slower Structured tourny??? Your ideas???

edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
I am new to the forum, but i have been reading alot of banter from alot of threads about how bad the open is ect ect. I think personally that it has it's good and bad points. Personally i would rather play in a slower structure tourny for the same buyin. What i do find frustrating thought is that ther is no tourny like that on sky poker where you can find a decent £Gtd£. Which is why i will always run Full Tilt Poker at the same time to play in there $24 24,00gtd event, i would much rather play on sky poker than full tilt because i prefer the set up and the depoist and cashout times and the commuinty feel, but i still find that to get value out of the tourny's i have to go elsewhere. I think this could be sloved, for example if sky where to run a slower 15min structured event with same Gtd as open that started an hour earlier i think that this would be great, but they should not replace the open i think they should run both. What people have to understand is that alot of players just log on each night to play the open deposit £25 and play the open and then give away £10 on cah tables, and thats there night. The reason these people are attracted to Sky isn't the TV time its the Gtd prize pool, so if sky where to open a slower structure event to run aswell as the open i dont think that they would have any problems filling both tournys to max capacity every night. I for one would play the earlyier tourny and then register for the Open aswell. Running both wouldn't take anything away from The Open it would surely just enhance Sky Pokers reputation as being a great site with good Gtd buy in tournys nightly, and also very weak low limit cash tables.

Just to make it clear the reason i am posting this thread is not to start a debate about how the Open needs changing but to hopfully further the Sky Poker experience for everyone and to try and get a second £5000+ event with a slower structure which surely would bring more players to the talbes. It would also suely boost the refer a freind program because lets face it when it comes to new players looking for a game the thing that interests them most is the ££££. And for all of those players out there who have been around for awhile im sure you wouldn't mind a whole load of new fish to sink your teeth into lol.
 Any comment would be greatly welcomed thanx guys good luck at the tables.......GoddenKyle77

Comments

• edited August 2009

Nice Post Sir.

FWIW, there is a £2,000 Guaranteed Deepstack (5k starting chips, 15 minute Blinds) making it's Sky Poker debut tonight, at 7.15pm

Given time, & if the Players want it, that will, over time, grow to maybe be a £5k Tourney, but tonight is a good start, with 28 runners registered (so £2,800 in the kitty) already.
  • edited August 2009
    there's a big difference between a £5k torny with £110 buyin and a £5k torny with £11 buyin though tikay
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: The Open vrs £7500 Gtd slower Structured tourny??? Your ideas???:
    there's a big difference between a £5k torny with £110 buyin and a £5k torny with £11 buyin though tikay
    Posted by annie_duke
    Correct - and it will happen, all in good time. It just takes time to build the market.
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: The Open vrs £7500 Gtd slower Structured tourny??? Your ideas???:
    Nice Post Sir. FWIW, there is a £2,000 Guaranteed Deepstack (5k starting chips, 15 minute Blinds) making it's Sky Poker debut tonight, at 7.15pm Given time, & if the Players want it, that will, over time, grow to maybe be a £5k Tourney, but tonight is a good start, with 28 runners registered (so £2,800 in the kitty) already.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I understand what your saying ther tikay but the issue ther is the buyin for this event is way too big for the average have a go punter which is what i think most people want. The players entering the £100 deepstack are much more likly to be able players and while this is great fun to play and surely a good test of ones poker skill it may not be the best way of making a profit. Im sure you understand where im comming from tikay as you are  or at least seems to be a very well informed intelligent man, unless orford is to be belived. haha. I just feel that we need something a little bit smaller buy in range to really get the number up. Any how thanks for reply tikay, if all goes to plan ill be seeing you in vegas next year whith a sky poker package, im very determind watch this space.
  • edited August 2009

Unfourtunately I think the open's popularity is mainly due to its TV appearances.

As the site continues to grow, and if/when the stand alone program comes I think there would be more promise in a tourney such as you have suggested.
    After all even the mickjenn / tikay tournies are only attracting 60-100 players.

• edited August 2009
    i think tuesday there is a 4k guaranteed for £11 ?? open is not on enough for my liking, only torn on sky that gets its maximum runners!!!! should be on every night with a slower torn as well put the pair on tv for extra runners. plus u have tikays torn and mickjenns torn which r both deepstack torns.
  • edited August 2009
    i think that n colly made a very imprtant point there, in regards to the standalone program. I can't understand why ther isnt one yet??? i think that this is very imprtant for the future of Sky Poker...i have asked several times for one to be made available. I do have several issues using the browser play feature, i would love for a stanalone product to become available....doesanyone know when this will be made available???????
  • edited August 2009
    Was going to go into the open last night, but the 700 allowed players filled quicker than i imagined.

A similar tournament with a similar buy-in and slower blind structures does sound appealing though.
  • edited August 2009
    i think that n colly made a very imprtant point there, in regards to the standalone program. I can't understand why ther isnt one yet??? i think that this is very imprtant for the future of Sky Poker...i have asked several times for one to be made available. I do have several issues using the browser play feature, i would love for a stanalone product to become available....doesanyone know when this will be made available???????
    Posted by goddenkyle
    As has been Posted on here numerous times, a "Downloadable Client", for those who prefer it, is being developed right now, & will go live quite soon.

Please note that the majority of the Player-Base say they are quite happy without a Downloadable Client.

Either way, players will have a choice soon.
  • edited August 2009
    Was going to go into the open last night, but the 700 allowed players filled quicker than i imagined. A similar tournament with a similar buy-in and slower blind structures does sound appealing though.
    Posted by si23
    ...because that's what many of the Players most want. When it sells out so regularly, at the cap of 700, it makes it's own case.

Fortunately there is a growing blend of structures & Buy-Ins to suit the vast majority of Players, with all "speeds" & buy-ins catered for.

But it's not easy to please everyone, & I'm sure you appreciate that.
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: The Open vrs £7500 Gtd slower Structured tourny??? Your ideas??? : I understand what your saying ther tikay but the issue ther is the buyin for this event is way too big for the average have a go punter which is what i think most people want. The players entering the £100 deepstack are much more likly to be able players and while this is great fun to play and surely a good test of ones poker skill it may not be the best way of making a profit. Im sure you understand where im comming from tikay as you are  or at least seems to be a very well informed intelligent man, unless orford is to be belived. haha. I just feel that we need something a little bit smaller buy in range to really get the number up. Any how thanks for reply tikay, if all goes to plan ill be seeing you in vegas next year whith a sky poker package, im very determind watch this space.
    Posted by goddenkyle
    Hi again,

Yes, I hear what you say, & agree. Tonight's £100 Deepie was at the very top end of the Sky Poker Buy-In Range - but they have Deepies from as little as £2.

I've worked very hard in my Honorary role as APAT Chairman, away from Sky Poker, to ensure that Live players at the lower buy-in Levels are looked after, & given as good structures as "big" players. I don't have the influence here that I have at APAT as Chairman, but be assured, I make the same case for the players in Sky Poker, & if enough players want a particular buy-in/structure, then Sky Poker will set it up.

This Forum is ideal for this sort of feedback, & the Suits read it every day, but you'll understand, almost everyone has a different idea of what they want, so pleasing everyone is quite a neat trick!

But if Players want a certain Tourney, be in no doubt, Sky Poker will provide it. There's no reason for them not to.