You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

KK first level dym

i had KK raised up early position 60, sb calls and bb goes allin 2000, wot do u do here?

Comments

• edited June 2009

KK you call, unless you have any info that makes you certain the other guy has aces. There's a good chance he could be making the same move with AK - TT.  In fact I'd wager that he's got AK/AQ and put you on lower pocket pair and expects you to race. If he has aces well, good for him . A fold there would be way too tight..

• edited June 2009

If the other player has exactly AA you have 18% Equity in the hand.
    If the other player has a range of AK QQ+, you have 57% eguity in the hand.
    If the other player has a range of AQ+ TT+, You have 68% equity in the hand.

Hope this helps.

• edited June 2009
    instant call..but sayin that i more often than not loose wiv kk. nearly always an ace appears .i hate it.. but u cant fold wiv only one hand beating u
  • edited June 2009

I echo paddytrini's reply exactly.
  • edited June 2009

As an aside, a 60 raise from early is too small in my opinion. Just one caller could enduce the whole table to call because of the odds on offer: something you clearly don't want.

• edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: KK first level dym:
    As an aside, a 60 raise from early is too small in my opinion. Just one caller could enduce the whole table to call because of the odds on offer: something you clearly don't want.
    Posted by BigBluster
    Agreed. In levels 1 & 2, you either have to crank up the amount you normally raise, or even smooth call, hoping for a Raise behind. A bet of 60 only induces a whole bunch of callers, & now your hand value has changed dramatically.

In the mid & late stages, of course, it's totally different.
  • edited June 2009
    instant call..but sayin that i more often than not loose wiv kk. nearly always an ace appears .i hate it.. but u cant fold wiv only one hand beating u
    Posted by mrlogic
    This! I dunno why but kk is a dog against an ace on this site for some reason, and thats the only reason i even think about a fold with kk lol. I snap called, villain had AK bye bye me
  • edited June 2009
    Posted by BigBluster
    in double yr moneys players are fairly tight so i dont think u need to do this but in tourneys and other stts i would raise bigger
  • edited June 2009
    this thread died on its ar*e eh,the question is why stick ur whole stack in on 10/20 when u dont need to, 100bb pre, cmon ppl, we aint got AA afterall
  • edited June 2009
    u cant say ars*? wow

• edited June 2009
    Insta call and register for a new game if opponent has AA or outdraws you.  I agree that most players are tight early on buy others will go for 'The Open' strategy and look for an early double up or bust with AK,AQ,AJ etc.
  • edited June 2009
    this thread died on its ar*e eh,the question is why stick ur whole stack in on 10/20 when u dont need to, 100bb pre, cmon ppl, we aint got AA afterall
    If you aren't getting all your chips in the middle with KK preflop, I think you should go play whist or patience or something nice and quiet like that.
  • edited June 2009
    WELL ALL DEPENDS? IF ITS £5 £10 DM EASY CALL,BUT U WILL STILL LOSE TO WORST HAND 75% OF ALL INS ON SKY, IF ITS £20+ DM, I FOLD ONLY 60 IN, LET THE DUMB IDIOT HAVE IT, THE MANY TIMES I LOSE WITH KK TO ACE RAG ALL IN OR AK AQ AJ ALL IN, ONLY TIMES I MIND WINNING WITH KK ON SKY IS WHEN I HIT FLUSH STR8 SET,THEY NEVER SEEM TO HOLD BABY HOLD 1 TIME YEAH BABY NOOOOOOOOOOOO ACE RIVER LOL
  • edited June 2009
    Posted by BigBluster
    YEAH I AGREE 120 140 RAISE EARLY POS,YOUR 60 RAISE LOOKS LIKE AQ AJ SMALL PAIR TO ME,LOL WHO CARES JUST CALL
  • edited June 2009

SO WHAT DID YOU DO? WHAT DID HE HAVE? HOW MUCH DOUBLE MONEY?

• edited June 2009
    WHAT? £2 DM AND U FOLDED KK PRE, AND HE SHOWED 22 ?
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: KK first level dym : If you aren't getting all your chips in the middle with KK preflop, I think you should go play whist or patience or something nice and quiet like that.
    Posted by T_Force
    lol,I know this, i did snap it, will do everytime cos its the right play,I should of named this thread differently eg... bcos kings r so poor on skypoker is it really worth sticking it all in pre on first level of a dym?
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: KK first level dym : lol,I know this, i did snap it, will do everytime cos its the right play,I should of named this thread differently eg... bcos kings r so poor on skypoker is it really worth sticking it all in pre on first level of a dym?
    Posted by Blight1
    should of posted this in general chat lol