You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I have to push?

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat
I was playing in the 'take on Tikay' tourney and had accumulated a decent stack of 8000 by the time the blinds got to 75/150.
I'm in BB, UTG raises to 750, next player goes all in for 7000 and I shove with Qs.
Original raiser folds.
Anyway, what did he push all in with?
He had As Qd and hit his A flush on the river.
I'm not faulting any play here, I'm probably more annoyed about the way he knocked me out. It makes no difference but I'd prefer him to hit his ace on the flop.
After a raise and a re-raise shove, do you ever fold in this situation?
btw, I couldn't get the hand history so I've written it down.

Comments

• edited May 2010

Just an unlucky one.

• edited May 2010

You don't want me answering it surely.

my answer would be No. Not in a tournament like that atleast.

• edited May 2010
    got to think QQ no good here, UTG raise, reraise in 2nd position... as hard as it seems you have to fold here mate unless you got something on other two players . ... just my opinion by the way
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: I have to push?:
    got to think QQ no good here, UTG raise, reraise in 2nd position... as hard as it seems you have to fold here mate unless you got something on other two players . ... just my opinion by the way
    Posted by Quietman
    I think I'd call but it's borderline.

You might have to think QQ is no good, but it is in this instance - you miles ahead of him and just get unlucky
  • edited May 2010
    its villan dependant, if reraise guy has been agro and utg has also opened a few times befor from utg then its the correct call.
    if you have no reads on villans or these guys have been tight then its a fold, if guys r tight then at best its a race vs ak, no need to take a race when sat deep
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to I have to push?:
    I was playing in the 'take on Tikay' tourney and had accumulated a decent stack of 8000 by the time the blinds got to 75/150. I'm in BB, UTG raises to 750, next player goes all in for 7000 and I shove with Qs. Original raiser folds. Anyway, what did he push all in with? He had As Qd and hit his A flush on the river. I'm not faulting any play here, I'm probably more annoyed about the way he knocked me out. It makes no difference but I'd prefer him to hit his ace on the flop. After a raise and a re-raise shove, do you ever fold in this situation? btw, I couldn't get the hand history so I've written it down.
    Posted by mmmchips
    ok
    with an 8000 stack and 150 bb you dont need to be in this pot
    firstly. he pushed all in to a reraise so u would expect him to have a decent hand.
    secondly, you didnt shove, you effectively called.  shoving would be pushing in with fold equity.
    thirdly, doesnt matter where he hit his ace, when all in preflop, its a game of 5 community cards

as for the hand, the guy is comfortable on 7k chips yet pushed all in, so we could easily have him on aa, kk or ak at worst.  you got lucky that he was so weak rather than ul that he hit his card.  bad call imo
  • edited May 2010
    Sigh, sigh, sigh.
    You've been a victim of bad bet sizing behind as much as anything.
    First off UTG should not be rising 5x - folding. That is just absurd. Open rising 5x is ALWAYS terrible imo.
    Shove monkey is highly unlikely to be re-shipping for that amount with aces, so the only hand that's beating you is KK, in which case all the money should go in pre (KK v QQ) anyway. An unavoidable clash.
    Ergo, you are right to ship it with QQ and were the only one to play the hand correctly. Imo.