You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HELP

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi

Would it be possible to find out why the Orfordable has suddenly been moved from 7pm, to 7.10 please and there were some people registered, now its empty?

Many thanks :)

Comments

• edited May 2010
    In Response to HELP:
    Hi Would it be possible to find out why the Orfordable has suddenly been moved from 7pm, to 7.10 please and there were some people registered, now its empty? Many thanks :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    Hi Barry,

Try sending a PM to Sky_Rich.

The Tourney Schedules right across the Site are all being revised & improved, so I expect it's the start of that (very long!) process.
  • edited May 2010
    I am just asking this to the sky help.

was going to play it. I'll let you know if i get any info.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: HELP:
    In Response to HELP : Hi Barry, Try sending a PM to Sky_Rich. The Tourney Schedules right across the Site are all being revised & improved, so I expect it's the start of that (very long!) process.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks tikay
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to HELP : Hi Barry, Try sending a PM to Sky_Rich. The Tourney Schedules right across the Site are all being revised & improved, so I expect it's the start of that (very long!) process.
    Posted by Tikay10

tikay's hit the nail on the head there - Sky Bernie aka the tinkerman has been a busy boy and 'tweaked' a few things recently.

Apologies if this has negatively affected anyone.

thanks guys.
  • edited May 2010
    I am just asking this to the sky help. was going to play it. I'll let you know if i get any info.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    Thanks m8
  • edited May 2010
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tikay,they might have been revised,but improved,well that is entirely in the opinion of the person that is trying to find the game that they played yesterday,day before or week before.
    Me,being a micro-user in the opinion of SKY,do not seem to get any acknowledgement or VOICE for obvious reasons in anything that seems to matter.
    Yours Bitter & Twisted......Steve...*!"£$%^&*()_+.... & U 2.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: HELP : Tikay,they might have been revised,but improved,well that is entirely in the opinion of the person that is trying to find the game that they played yesterday,day before or week before. Me,being a micro-user in the opinion of SKY,do not seem to get any acknowledgement or VOICE for obvious reasons in anything that seems to matter. Yours Bitter & Twisted......Steve...*!"£$%^&*()_+.... & U 2.
    Posted by STEVEMAX
    Hi Steve,

I never said "they HAD BEEN revised". I said "they are.... being revised". (As in "they are doing it RIGHT NOW"). There is a very big difference between that, & the words you attributed to me.

As to whether they will be "improved" or not, it's a little early to judge, would you not say? - the revised Tourneys have not been introduced yet.

I am staggered you should think your voice, & that of "micro-users" like yourself, is not heard, & that you "get no acknowledgement", & I don't know what those "obvious reasons" you mention are.

I do know this though. If you have a problem with the service Sky Poker provide, the correct channel is via Customer Care, as the Staff there are primarily engaged in dealing with such queries, that is their job. Placing a comment on the Forum does not automatically mean it will get a response, but where time is available, one of the Suits or myself will always try & reply to them if possible.

If I see any queries on this Forum that I can help with, I will also send them across to the Suits for perusal, & if people PM me with questions, as many do, I send them on, too.

As to why you are, in your words, "bitter & twisted", I'm afraid I can't really help, except to ask "why"?
  • edited May 2010
    Hi Steve

If there was any 1 person on this site who stands up and has stood for the Micro players it is tikay, I have been a micro player for a very long time on this site and beleive me tikay has helped a heck of a lot because he is fully aware that there are a lot of micro players on this site and helps them all maybe even more than he should sometimes.
  • edited May 2010
    Hi Steve If there was any 1 person on this site who stands up and has stood for the Micro players it is tikay, I have been a micro player for a very long time on this site and beleive me tikay has helped a heck of a lot because he is fully aware that there are a lot of micro players on this site and helps them all maybe even more than he should sometimes.
    Posted by acebarry10
    +1 He helps everyone more than he should to be fair!!
  • edited May 2010
    O.K. Tikay they are being revised,i do apologise for getting very slightly ahead of myself,but some micro tournis (30 seater,35p Bounty Hunter)have gone as other people have already stated on other threads.
    You said and i quote,"are all being revised and improved".
    Well in my opinion if you delete a game you cannot improve it,can you???.
    The OBVIOUS REASONS are that i `m a micro user, and as such don`t spend as much as a lot of users,so don`t get heard as much as bigger players(money wise).
    I said that micro-users " DO NOT SEEM TO GET ANY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT",not don`t get.
    I wasn`t complaining about the service Sky provide,just asking questions about one of your posts.
    I know you try to help people out Tikay,i don`t mean to have a go at you but it seems like sometimes i`m peeing in the wind,and that is one of the reasons why i feel bitter and twisted a lot of the time.
    I hope i haven`t offended you in anyway,if so i apologise, as that is not what I intended.                                     All the best Steve...

• edited May 2010
    Hi Steve If there was any 1 person on this site who stands up and has stood for the Micro players it is tikay, I have been a micro player for a very long time on this site and beleive me tikay has helped a heck of a lot because he is fully aware that there are a lot of micro players on this site and helps them all maybe even more than he should sometimes.
    Posted by acebarry10
    Hello acebarry10,i know Tikay tries to help the "little" people out a lot i didn`t mean to have a go at him it`s just me being me O.K.,sorry.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: HELP : +1 He helps everyone more than he should to be fair!!
    Posted by dylan12
    I know he does,just me ranting on,sorry.
  • edited May 2010

Steve,

I am playing two Tourneys right now, & I have to answer questions on both Tables as & when in the Chat-Box, & have a very heavy work schedule all weekend, but I WILL reply to this as soon as I can.

For now, please be aware that they HAVE removed some Tourneys temporarily, whilst they organise the new Schedule, as otherwise the Lobby will become hopelessly overcrowded duruing the changes. That does not mean they will, or will not, return.

I will reply fully & properly as soon as I can though.
  • edited May 2010
    Steve, I am playing two Tourneys right now, & I have to answer questions on both Tables as & when in the Chat-Box, & have a very heavy work schedule all weekend, but I WILL reply to this as soon as I can. For now, please be aware that they HAVE removed some Tourneys temporarily, whilst they organise the new Schedule. That does not mean they will not return. I will reply fully & properly as soon as I can though.
    Posted by Tikay10
    O.K. Tikay ,no worries.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: HELP : Hello acebarry10,i know Tikay tries to help the "little" people out a lot i didn`t mean to have a go at him it`s just me being me O.K.,sorry.
    Posted by STEVEMAX
    Ok :)
  • edited May 2010
    O.K. Tikay they are being revised,i do apologise for getting very slightly ahead of myself,but some micro tournis (30 seater,35p Bounty Hunter)have gone as other people have already stated on other threads. You said and i quote,"are all being revised and improved". Well in my opinion if you delete a game you cannot improve it,can you???. The OBVIOUS REASONS are that i `m a micro user, and as such don`t spend as much as a lot of users,so don`t get heard as much as bigger players(money wise). I said that micro-users " DO NOT SEEM TO GET ANY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT",not don`t get. I wasn`t complaining about the service Sky provide,just asking questions about one of your posts. I know you try to help people out Tikay,i don`t mean to have a go at you but it seems like sometimes i`m peeing in the wind,and that is one of the reasons why i feel bitter and twisted a lot of the time. I hope i haven`t offended you in anyway,if so i apologise, as that is not what I intended.                                     All the best Steve...
    Posted by STEVEMAX
    Hi again Steve,

As I already explained, during the Tourney revamp - which Sky Poker hope will improve the spread & balance of available Tourneys - they need to remove Tourneys before inserting new or replacement ones, otherwise the Lobby will get incredibly cluttered. It would be wrong to assume what will or will not be retained, but obviously, they will try to satisfy as many players as possible, and, equally obviously, they will fail, because its impossible to please everyone. But they will do their best. There is no reason why they would not. THEY want to improve their business, & they do that by giving their Clients what they most want, on balance. Having said that, it's not possible to please everyone.

I still don't grasp your correlation betwen "obvious reasons" (you "don't seem to be acknowleged") & "micro-users". I doubt a single Online Poker Room in the world caters more for what I prefer to call "regular guys", or as you describe them "micro-users". Not a term I much like, by the way, as it seems elitist to me. The same applies to me personally, most people know my line on "regular players", both Live & Online. 99% of players in poker are "regular" players, & that is the market Sky Poker set out to serve, often to the detriment of players who would prefer more bigger buy-in tourneys.

To be truthful, I don't really understand your angst, & personally, I'm not sure where "bitter & twisted" fits in all this - we are discussing a game, poker, which we play for fun.

Anyway, I hope the Tourneys that Sky Poker offer up will be to your satisfaction, & if they are not, just post up a question, & I'm sure it will be treated respectfully, politely & with civility.

By the way, you may be interested to know that today, another major Online room reported a drop in traffic in excess of 20%. In recent weeks, FOUR well-known Online Sites have posted similar declines, one of whom reported a 29% decline.

Sky poker traffic remains, % wise, double-digit ahead of last year, so they must be doing something right. Which is mainly, imo, giving their Clients what they want, or at least, trying to.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: HELP : Hi again Steve, As I already explained, during the Tourney revamp - which Sky Poker hope will improve the spread & balance of available Tourneys - they need to remove Tourneys before inserting new or replacement ones, otherwise the Lobby will get incredibly cluttered. It would be wrong to assume what will or will not be retained, but obviously, they will try to satisfy as many players as possible, and, equally obviously, they will fail, because its impossible to please everyone. But they will do their best. There is no reason why they would not. THEY want to improve their business, & they do that by giving their Clients what they most want, on balance. Having said that, it's not possible to please everyone. I still don't grasp your correlation betwen "obvious reasons" (you "don't seem to be acknowleged") & "micro-users". I doubt a single Online Poker Room in the world caters more for what I prefer to call "regular guys", or as you describe them "micro-users". Not a term I much like, by the way, as it seems elitist to me. The same applies to me personally, most people know my line on "regular players", both Live & Online. 99% of players in poker are "regular" players, & that is the market Sky Poker set out to serve, often to the detriment of players who would prefer more bigger buy-in tourneys. To be truthful, I don't really understand your angst, & personally, I'm not sure where "bitter & twisted" fits in all this - we are discussing a game, poker, which we play for fun. Anyway, I hope the Tourneys that Sky Poker offer up will be to your satisfaction, & if they are not, just post up a question, & I'm sure it will be treated respectfully, politely & with civility. By the way, you may be interested to know that today, another major Online room reported a drop in traffic in excess of 20%. In recent weeks, FOUR well-known Online Sites have posted similar declines, one of whom reported a 29% decline. Sky poker traffic remains, % wise, double-digit ahead of last year, so they must be doing something right. Which is mainly, imo, giving their Clients what they want, or at least, trying to.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tikay,i know Sky try to do a good job for everyone otherwise i wouldn`t play on the site.I just feel that sometimes the "micro users",not my choice of words,seem to get left behind,left out,in my opinion.But like i said before that`s just me having a moan.
    Sorry
    to moan but there you go.    Cheers Steve.