You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Good Luck in the Biggie

edited August 2009 in Poker Chat

Tonight (Sunday) at 7pm sees the start of the new Sunday Night £2,000 Guaranteed, £100 Deepstack, & I just wanted to wish everyone good luck.

With an hour to go, there are already 28 runners, so the Guarantee has been well beaten, & it's a really top-class field.

I'm at DTD in Notts, recording this week's In-Poker, but I'm gonna try & play the Tourney in between Filming. I know, it's a waste of money for me, as I will have to "Sit-Out" a lot (will anyone notice the difference?) but I reallly want those of us who can to try & support this Tourney, so it becomes a fixture. Hence you've got an extra £100 of valooooooooo. (I'll be on my private Account - tikay1).

Remember, if you are not playing the Tourney, you can still Rail it, in the Chat-Box, & I know the players will appreciate that.

Comments

• edited August 2009
    In Response to Good Luck in the Biggie:
    Tonight (Sunday) at 7pm sees the start of the new Sunday Night £2,000 Guaranteed, £100 Deepstack, & I just wanted to wish everyone good luck. With an hour to go, there are already 28 runners, so the Guarantee has been well beaten, & it's a really top-class field. I'm at DTD in Notts, recording this week's In-Poker, but I'm gonna try & play the Tourney in between Filming. I know, it's a waste of money for me, as I will have to "Sit-Out" a lot (will anyone notice the difference?) but I reallly want those of us who can to try & support this Tourney, so it becomes a fixture. Hence you've got an extra £100 of valooooooooo. (I'll be on my private Account - tikay1). Remember, if you are not playing the Tourney, you can still Rail it, in the Chat-Box, & I know the players will appreciate that.
    Posted by Tikay10
    hi tk wish sam gl from me hes at dtd, p.s i wont steal ur bb m8
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Good Luck in the Biggie:
    In Response to Good Luck in the Biggie : hi tk wish sam gl from me hes at dtd, p.s i wont steal ur bb m8
    Posted by mickjenn1
    We are about to Interview him actually, as next week sees the anniversary of his GUKPT win, at Luton, which he plans to defend.

Feel free to nick my Blinds when I'm away if you want. ;)
  • edited August 2009
    I will pop by for some railing, good luck all.
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Good Luck in the Biggie : We are about to Interview him actually, as next week sees the anniversary of his GUKPT win, at Luton, which he plans to defend. Feel free to nick my Blinds when I'm away if you want. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    nah i wont nick em tk think ur doin a good job keepin ur reg fee in the kitty m8
  • edited August 2009

Quick correction - it starts at 7.15pm, not 7pm as I suggested earlier.

Still time to Register, then.....
  • edited August 2009

29 entered now, so a Prize Kitty of £2,900.

Every chance of making 30+ now.
  • edited August 2009

30 now, & £3k in the Prize Pool.

As of now, 5 places paid, with £1,200 to the winner, & £270 to 5th.

Nice.
  • edited August 2009

32 runners, with 5 mins to go.

As things stand....
    1st £1280 + 30 League Points
    2nd £800 + 26 League Points
    3rd £480 + 18 League Points
    4th £352 + 12 League Points
    5th £288 + 6 League Point
  • edited August 2009
    good luck to all.I'm not in it myself a bit to rich for my blood.  I do think though top 6 should get paid,it will be hard to take getting to the final table and still not getting paid.
    Posted by igimc
    That's a "balance thing", with equally relevant views for & against.

No doubt it will get debated on the Forum during the week, & Sky Poker will take on board all comments.

I'm not overly fussed either way, but paying 5, for 30 runners, is about right, & is "standard".
  • edited August 2009
    gl all only the second £110 torn for me!! but only cost me £6 so shouldnt affect my game
  • edited August 2009

33 runners!

Wow, that's a TERRIFIC start.
  • edited August 2009
    Good luck to all playing. It too expensive for me right now but im sure it will be a cracking tournament.
  • edited August 2009
  • edited August 2009
    been work since 6 grafted like a trojan come home at 4 oclock get ready for the biggie and ...... donk off all my chips!!! lesson learnt dont work on big poker torn days!!!!! gl all
  • edited August 2009
    33 runners! Wow, that's a TERRIFIC start.
    Posted by Tikay10
    give credit to the suits for running the winner takes all sats great idea, otherwise i dont think it hits 15 runners, they should also do a semi final like all the other big torns just 1 tho on saturday with sub sats all week???
  • edited August 2009

Well done to SOLACK, who took this down, & to all those who Cashed. MASSIE pushed him hard, but Solack got home.
    SoLack1£1360 + 30 League Points170000 
    MASSIE292£850 + 26 League Points0 
    BUSTERSIMO3£510 + 18 League Points0 
    kimpet4£374 + 12 League Points0 
    ace2275£306 + 6 League Points0 
    GliterBabe6 0 
    liverpool7 0 
    deadduck8 0 
    MADMOO9 0 
    mickjenn110 0
    The Prize Money was as follows....
    1st £1360 + 30 League Points
    2nd £850 + 26 League Points
    3rd £510 + 18 League Points
    4th £374 + 12 League Points
    5th £306 + 6 League Points
    Let's hope this Tourney grows & grows.

Despite entering, & really looking forward to playing immensely, I was unable to play a single hand, or even Log-In, as I had problems up here at DTD in Nottingham. I did well to finish in 19th - I might do that sitting-out thing more often.
  • edited August 2009
    Thank you.  I had a lot of luck along the way, went into the ft as chipleader, lost half but came to beat the mighty massie in the heads up.  Thanks to all who played and for the chat along the way.  It was an enjoyable tourney to play in. I'd like to thank...... blah blah blah
  • edited August 2009
    Thank you.  I had a lot of luck along the way, went into the ft as chipleader, lost half but came to beat the mighty massie in the heads up.  Thanks to all who played and for the chat along the way.  It was an enjoyable tourney to play in. I'd like to thank...... blah blah blah
    Posted by SoLack
    WELL DONE FELLA