You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What would you of done

edited May 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Looking back at it, i would of raised more. But if that jack dint come i think i would of folded an all in.

Hand History #262208340 (20:04 29/05/2010)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
ray01 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £12.90
kemosabi Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £3.63
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • K

shaun09 Raise  £0.16 £0.28 £3.92
tyler88 Call  £0.16 £0.44 £6.43
ray01 Call  £0.12 £0.56 £12.78
kemosabi Fold     
Flop

• K

ray01 Check     
shaun09 Bet  £0.28 £0.84 £3.64
tyler88 Fold     
ray01 Call  £0.28 £1.12 £12.50
Turn

• J

ray01 Check     
shaun09 Bet  £0.56 £1.68 £3.08
ray01 All-in  £12.50 £14.18 £0.00
shaun09 All-in  £3.08 £17.26 £0.00
ray01 Unmatched bet  £8.86 £8.40 £8.86
ray01 Show

shaun09 Show
  • J
  • K

River

ray01 Win Three 6s £7.77  £16.63

Comments

• edited May 2010

not min raised pre flop. if you raise more he probably doesn't come in with that hand. played as it is it's pretty obvious he has a 6 but you can't really fold.

• edited May 2010
    I would of raised 3-4x BB preflop so 24-32p not 18p it's far too small. I might bet slightly more on the flop but im not sure, on the turn i stack off and it's just a cooler imo.
  • edited May 2010
    As said, a bigger pre-flop raise does the trick and takes it down.

I think the turn makes it a relatively simple fold, to be honest. I just can't see how he's massively over-bet shoving without a 6 there. I know this is "only" an 8 quid table, but what other hand does he have to make that move, except 6x?

There only a limited range I could conceivable see the villain having in this spot;

AK - Surely he's re-raising your min raise pre-flop with AK though. If he doesn't then I'm sure with AK on that flop you'd see some sort of reaction, rather than just a call.

Flush Draw - Would he really be playing a flush draw that aggressively on a paired board?

Jack x - If he'd binked the jack, he's got showdown value, and so wouldn't need to shove.

Utter bluff - Possible, but I think if he was on a bluff, then he'd have raised the flop, rather than waiting for the turn to shove.

I'd actually be interested to know what hand you put him on, Shaun?

Finally, the overbet shove is hardly ever a bluff unless it's a pre-flop move, I've found.

It just seems to me, at absolute best, you're calling to split the pot, but I'd say probably close to 90% of the time he's got the 6 here.
  • edited May 2010
    Ok well the two hands befor this hand he is just shoving his stack in middle after or some times befor the flop, So i thought i would call him this time, Which dint work
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: What would you of done:
    Ok well the two hands befor this hand he is just shoving his stack in middle after or some times befor the flop, So i thought i would call him this time, Which dint work
    Posted by shaun09
    Ok that's fair enough then if you had some sort of read on him. It's just worked out great for him that he had the goods this time.
  • edited May 2010
    Mention your reads in your original post so people have the knowledge you do.

As long as you have a logical reason to call this off like the one you had the play is fine.

Rebuy and get your monies back
  • edited May 2010
    I dint think to post and say he shoved a few times befor, But i will make sure i do next time :p
  • edited May 2010
    raise more pre.
    you only have 50bbs, at this level people will jam random Kx  and even KQ that you beat i would snap call this and be reasonably happy about it