You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SKYPOKER ipad app

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
I am probably going to buy the new ipad this week. As apple have always refused to use Adobe flash on any of their devices, currently SkyPoker can not be fully accessed on it.

Will Sky be creating an app for Skypoker? Would anybody use it?

What about other poker sites?

Comments

• edited May 2010
    superb product

i am informed that starsare currently developing it
  • edited May 2010
    I played angry birds on one the other day.  nice bit of kit
  • edited May 2010
    Why would u wanna carry around a laptop in ya pocket. What happened to good old 3310s and 5110s that done there job of texting and calling!
    Haha you wouldnt think im 25 lol
  • edited May 2010
    You shouldn't buy it yet, instead you should wait for the release of Version 2. I see no value in buying it just now.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: SKYPOKER ipad app:
    You shouldn't buy it yet, instead you should wait for the release of Version 2. I see no value in buying it just now.
    Posted by FILIPSEBO
    +1

Much like the iPhone, the first generation are nowhere near as good as the current ones and prices have come down.
  • edited May 2010
    I think peters got enough pennys!
  • edited May 2010
    I can't see Sky making a app for this.  Half a million expected sales, how many of those will want t play poker on it, 5%? So maybe 25,000 possible customers.

They haven't written the PC application yet and that could pull in most of the poker playing population.
  • edited May 2010
    imm probably gonna get one too. I imagine you could play on sky using something like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0EgqftJxpM

Not ideal but theres no way in hell sky will make an app for it and even if they did it would then most likely get declined by Apple.

• edited June 2010
    http://i45.tinypic.com/rivjx1.png

using a vncc server to control my desktop from my ipad. Probably a bit too slow to and can only really one table, would be ok for HU i guess.
  • edited June 2010
    wat the hell are you actually going to use it for bd?

my brother has one, they look/feel/work great even the vnc worked fine but really where is the need?!

I am a mac fanboy I just cant see the point.
  • edited June 2010
    The common consensus I've seen from people who have used iPads is pretty much all the same, very nice, very pretty, lovely to the surf the web with - but all in all, pretty pointless.

A PC retailer posted on a trade magazine forum what I thought was the best point - I can't recall all of it, but the gist was that the next generation or 2 will add features (he listed them but that's the main bit I don't remember). 

He then pointed out that once the iPad is fully refined and fully stocked with features what you'll end up is basically a touch screen mac air without a lid.

NB: why has everybody gone so crazy for touch screen technology in the last few years anyway? it's been around for ages but everybody seems to see things with touch screen and think 'must buy' now ???????
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: SKYPOKER ipad app:
    A PC retailer posted on a trade magazine forum what I thought was the best point - I can't recall all of it, but the gist was that the next generation or 2 will add features (he listed them but that's the main bit I don't remember).
    Posted by BelovedLtd
    Keyboard, lid, ports and optical drive?
  • edited June 2010
    I think he missed the keyboard and obv. already said, "without a lid" but it was those and a couple of other things I think.

I remembered something a couple of people wrote as well - they were independent retailers and said they wouldn't even try to stock the iPad as they try and advise the best solution for their customers and they couldn't see how the iPad could be the best solution for anything.

NB: there were also suggestions that Apple stopped retailers ever getting adding a decent margin, if they made more money from it those independents might not be so ethical :D