You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

VIVA LAS VEGAS FINAL!!! Show thread

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat

Evening all!!

Well it's a very special night here at Sky Poker.. No I'm NOT wearing the red dress, Nor is James for that matter, but.. and undoubtedly far more excitingly..

It's the VIVA LAS VEGAS FINAL!!!

There is at least one guarenteed 10,000 prize package to be won, and I for one am going to be watching tonight'splayers with more than just a little bit of table ENVY!!

The analytical and statistition talents of Mr James Hartigan will once again be utilised and exploited for your gaming pleasure, and we'll also be keeping you updated with news from tonight's Primo.

So, get a nice cold beverage, a large foam pointy finger and your best screamy support posts at the ready because it is going to be EPIC!!

(Can you tell how excited I am)

I have no doubt whatsoever that Mr Hartigan will contribute as soon as he arrives and maybe even add a post subject/topic if you are VERY nice to him :)

Good luck to all playing this evening.

Ps. WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!

Thank you.

xx

Comments

• edited May 2010
    I have arrived.  Hurrah!

And I'm sure many of you (especially MereNovice) are THRILLED to have me on your television screens for two nights in a row.

Anyhoo...

As we're celebrating the imminent departure of at least six Sky Poker players to the poker capital of the world, I'd love to hear YOUR Las Vegas annecdotes and experiences.

Or, if you've yet to visit this amazing city, I'll endeavour to answer your Vegas-related questions.  Where to stay, where to play, where to eat, where to shop, etc.

Yes, ladies and gentleman, it's Vegas Night on Sky Poker.  (As opposed to Poker Night on Sky Vegas!)
  • edited May 2010
    greetings to both of you. tonight looks like being another epic night. good luck to all.

Lisa-Marie...after last week where james conned you into something stupid, i was wondering if he still owes you 'one'?   if he does, i was thinking, with his love of films, you might 'ask' him to perform a certain dance* from 'the rocky horror picture show'.
    i know that james will refuse vehemently, but thought it might be fun to see his face if you asked.

ps   *the timewarp
  • edited May 2010
    ooooooooooh, pokerbcity has registered.
  • edited May 2010

Which strip club has the nicest looking women, and on average how much does a private dance cost?

I will convert it from dollars to pounds myself.....

Enjoy the show tonight, JJ :)
  • edited May 2010
    I was in the Vegas Semi Final with pokerbcity vince and on the same table for most of it, he had position on me - I did ask if we could swap seats but he declined ;) - unfortunatley we both busted out but he has bought str8 into the Final anyway. Gutted im not playing the final but I do hope cottlad or Will Brewin take it down, both great players and great guys - great people to represent Sky in Vegas!! Gl to both and all tonight

Also a huge good luck to Hartigan tonight having to work with Lisa-Marie - you do run bad mate ;)
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: VIVA LAS VEGAS FINAL!!! Show thread:
    greetings to both of you. tonight looks like being another epic night. good luck to all. Lisa-Marie...after last week where james conned you into something stupid, i was wondering if he still owes you 'one'?   if he does, i was thinking, with his love of films, you might 'ask' him to perform a certain dance* from 'the rocky horror picture show'. i know that james will refuse vehemently, but thought it might be fun to see his face if you asked. ps   *the timewarp
    Posted by lozgo
    That's hardly a forfeit!  I regularly dance the Time Warp - and Superman by Black Lace - to entertain my 16-month-old daughter :-)
  • edited May 2010
    Hi James and Lisa

Great show and good luck to all the Vegas hopefuls tonight!

My Vegas anecdote ( I have been twice) was winning 2 tournaments in a row then taking the $500 winnings to Harrahs and sitting in a cash game, I got the whole $500 in the middle when I rivered a straight flush and went back to the hotel room at 7am with $1000, my best result to date in poker!

Armed with these winnings Sian and I played the MGM Grand tournament and Sian chopped it 4 ways for a cool $350.

Like I said to James at Glasgow, I really recommend the Aria deepstack $120 to enter 8000 chips and 30 minute levels, one of the best structures in Vegas! Sian lasted 5 hours in this and I played cash which was pretty soft.

I recommend Mon Ami Gabi in Paris, the fillet mignon and the mussels are to die for!

Downtown Fremont Street is a must visit for us too!

Dave and Sian
  • edited May 2010
    Good luck every one whos playing tonight
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: VIVA LAS VEGAS FINAL!!! Show thread : That's hardly a forfeit!  I regularly dance the Time Warp - and Superman by Black Lace - to entertain my 16-month-old daughter :-)
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    dressed as Tim Curry (Dr Frank-N-Furter)?
  • edited May 2010
    Good luck to all in the vegas final :)

Im taking part in the Primo :D
  • edited May 2010

greetings. looking good as ever, but what's with the dressing gown LML?

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: VIVA LAS VEGAS FINAL!!! Show thread : That's hardly a forfeit!  I regularly dance the Time Warp - and Superman by Black Lace - to entertain my 16-month-old daughter :-)
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    You strike me as more of an Agadoo man.
  • edited May 2010
    greetings. looking good as ever, but what's with the dressing gown LML?
    Posted by lozgo
    I think she's looking good ;)
  • edited May 2010

GOT TO HAND TO YOU GUYS ,

YOU TWO ARE DEFO THE BEST DUO

FOR PRESENTING THIS VEGAS FINAL .

ABSOLUTE EXCELLENT SHOW .

LOVING   ITTTTTTT  !

• edited May 2010
    Hi Lisa Marie, Hi James! Great show as always! ;)

Vegas story? ........I just wanna go! sigh!
  • edited May 2010
    Richard,

Phil Collins played Buster not Ronnie Biggs.

Great show

Steve
  • edited May 2010
    i am gutted to be the first one out
    my play was so silly, i had him on a busted flush and pushing me off, goodluck you guys and enjoy your play
    Liam 5 kings
  • edited May 2010
    Jay's play did make it more interesting :)
  • edited May 2010
    Vegas ended up very expensive for me as I got married there and signed half of all my wordly goods over
    with the simple phrase 'I do'.
    Wasn't even a poker player then so I didn't even play poker in Vegas. Anniversary tripped planned for next year
    to remedy that.
  • edited May 2010
    flamin' eck LML...for someone so gorgeous you sure are scary sometimes!!
    maybe you should rename your alias to scary spice!!
  • edited May 2010

HI GUYS CAN YOU LET

SPARCE

DANTB10

SKY_LING

OZZIE08

35SUITED

ROSSJB14

CJ111

DIABLO_PEZ

THAT THEIR 1/4 FINAL ROUND MATCHES ARE UP IN THE

CELEB / SHARKS HU THREAD .