You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Table Timeouts

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat
Is it just me or have railed tables stopped timing out tonight?

Hopefully it stays that way and thanks to Sky for making the change if they did listen and make the change.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    It's certainly on a longer interval, at least.
    A great improvement.

I wasn't going to mention it because it might be a mistake and I didn't want anyone to "fix" it.   ;-)
  • edited May 2010
    I forgot to close my table down yesterday after I got knocked out of the tournament, came back to the computer 20 minutes later and it was still open.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Table Timeouts:
    Is it just me or have railed tables stopped timing out tonight? Hopefully it stays that way and thanks to Sky for making the change if they did listen and make the change.
    Posted by Machka
    Hi Guys,

Yes I significantly increased the timeout today on a trial basis, we'll review it in the coming days and weeks but I don't think there'll be any need to decrease it to the previous level any time soon.

Happy railing guys :-)

Regards

Adam
  • edited May 2010
    good work Adam
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Table Timeouts:
    In Response to Table Timeouts : Hi Guys, Yes I significantly increased the timeout today on a trial basis, we'll review it in the coming days and weeks but I don't think there'll be any need to decrease it to the previous level any time soon. Happy railing guys :-) Regards Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    Thanks Adam, absolutely brilliant decision, I hope the trial is a success!  Is there a certain outcome you are looking for?  I did post something on the lobby and table timeouts here trying to justify the extended timeout periods.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Table Timeouts:
    In Response to Re: Table Timeouts : Thanks Adam, absolutely brilliant decision, I hope the trial is a success!  Is there a certain outcome you are looking for?  I did post something on the lobby and table timeouts here trying to justify the extended timeout periods.
    Posted by Machka
    The outcome we are looking for is that bandwith usage does not increase significantly, which i'm confident will be the case.

Nice analysis Machka, yes what you've modelled all makes sense, we've conducted very similar in house analysis in the past too.

Best Wishes

Adam
  • edited May 2010
    100 minutes timeout is nice.
  • edited May 2010
  • edited May 2010
    When you opened and watched a table they were closing after 10 minutes, now they stay open for 100 or until the table is empty.

Probably saved about 50 people opening the Viva Las Vegas Final tables many many times tonight.