You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Heads up SnG etiquette (opponent away)

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat

For the 2nd time in recent times. I've signed up for a heads up SnG and my opponent is away.

I repeatedly fold (end of the 2nd level now), to keep the stacks even.  Never had such a run of cards, AA, JJ, 10 10 (three times) and big slick twice...

...anyhoo, the question is, can I 'buzz the player..?  In about 30 mins, I want to concentrate on Primo, but I don't want to pinch the poor fella's stack.  On the flip side, don't want to wait until it's 200, 400 blinds and I get no cards and he comes back and pushes on me?

Thoughts?

Thanks, Dan

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Just keep raising to get his stack. not your problem his away is it?
  • edited May 2010

If you like give him/her a few minutes as an act of good sportsmanship, then steal.

Poker is a dog-eat-dog world, maintaining a good internet connection and staying at the computer are both requirements of playing online, a player who fails to do either of those things can only expect to lose.

• edited May 2010
    the other night i enterd the £22 BH and Just befor it started my internet went and i couldnt get back on the internet untill 45 after it starated :(
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Heads up SnG etiquette (opponent away):
    If you like give him/her a few minutes as an act of good sportsmanship, then steal.   Poker is a dog-eat-dog world, maintaining a good internet connection and staying at the computer are both requirements of playing online, a player who fails to do either of those things can only expect to lose.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    agreed, but it is hard if your connection fails.
  • edited May 2010

Take his stack u nutter !!!
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Heads up SnG etiquette (opponent away):
    Take his stack u nutter !!!
    Ha - nicely put! 

Waited 30 mins and he wasn't there so stole it.
  • edited May 2010
    one of those karma moments that normally will reward the humantarian approach long term

used to play an oppo heads up fairly regularly elsewere for decent sums, we had a long battle once with 4 or so games running at the time a new set of games had started and i lost connection for an hour he waited and when i came back online let me square the chips

• edited May 2010
    the way i look at it is my opponent is highly likely to steal my blinds if the roles were reversed (which has happened many a time), so im quite happy to steal their blinds when they're away. what goes around comes around, it probably evens itself out in the end.
  • edited May 2010
    take him down!!!

• edited May 2010
    I've had my chips stolen in the past and i don't hesitate in doing myself. IMO it's each players individual responsibilty to ensure their equipment and connection holds up during a game. If it doesn't then it's just hard luck.
  • edited May 2010
    I have to admit I wouldnt have waited 30 minutes.

I'm more than happy to wait 5 mins if someone gets disconnected, if they are away from the very start of the game, then thats not my issue, why sign up if you are not going to be there.

In addition even when im being kind during the 5 minute period , if I get a hand that I would play if the opponent was active, then I play it anyways, i might decide to let the hand go if I have 7 2 off in the small blind, but I'm not going to fold any premium starting hand just out of the kindness of my heart

Aski :)