You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rebuy's

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
The only one i saw today was plo hi-lo £5.50 with £5.25 rebuy's at 9.40am and 5min to go no entries,not sure if anybody played it.I was hopeful that sky would stop aiming at there mid to high end players bringing in rebuy's and be sensible.I might be being to stupid but seems to be less and less play for the small bankroll unless you like bingo type games.What do you think or don't you care!

Comments

• edited May 2010
    you all know what I think about sky's treatment of low stakes players--- they think ripping them off makes good business sense-- vote with your loyalty to the site I say
  • edited May 2010

Thanks nutter champion of the little guy :-).

• edited May 2010
    never mind belsibub--theres a 20 quid freeroll starting soon--usually only around 600 runners, so you'll have a 50-1 chance of winning 3p-- brilliant eh
  • edited May 2010

After the freeroll rebuy.....theres been nothing???

Id forgotten all about them....

Nevermind the lower stake players, what about the tourny donks like myself who will need 4/5 goes at getting a decent stack!!

Any news??? people with sky_ before their name?

• edited May 2010
    To be honest re-buy tournaments can  be good, I personally like them....
    However a variety as you  have explained would only be good for the players  and Sky Poker ..  Personally the game that gives me most satisfaction and value are the 30  and  50  STT's or  even MTT's... The set-up other sites use guarantee deeper pay-outs  ..five places on  a 30 stt and 10  on a  50 stt... 

I asked for these to  be put forward to the 'powers that be'  and TK said he'd look at it, unfortunately nothing  has been seen of, or said about it since ..
    In a previous post  I suggested this  format for this  site to  accommodate most players 'budget's'

Three different 10  seater Guaranteed tournaments around the times of 8 30, 9 30  and  10 30 ...  blind levels could  be 9 or 10mins ...

Examples for three different 'budgets'

£10 +1 with 5  places paid, if only 30 runners turned up, Sky's profit would  still be £10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    £5 +.50p ..  5 places paid (same  30 runners as above)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    £2.50 +.25p .. 5 places (same 30 runners as above)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The above is based on 30 players guaranteed 5 places paid ...  
    If put up in the lobby after 7.30pm  and with  Guarantee of £200 , £100, and £50, 
     I'm sure the turnout would be more  .........

One final point how many times in six seaters do you find yourself sitting at  a table  with five , four or three players ..?? 
    It becomes  a lottery or Bingo at that point, certainly not Value Town !!

Good luck ...'belsibub',  I understand what you  mean, so like  yourself  I'll keep hoping that  Sky Poker looks at your post, along with what we have asked  and perceive as  value to  the customers in the  games played here.. ..

So like all good 'time traveler's' there's some place I need  to  be right now..!!
     playing  poker  ..
    Good luck ...'belsibub' ...
  • edited May 2010
    LOTS of hype when they first introduced these, then the first one crashed and the second one didn't include the added bonus money (OK they added that to the winners accounts manually), and now all we get is ONE Omaha rebuy game at 9.40 in the morning.  How about an announcement from someone telling us when Rebuy games will be back?  My guess is we will get a reply from Sky Rich telling us they are working on it but he won't be able to give us a timescale of when it will be fixed.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Rebuy's:
    LOTS of hype when they first introduced these, then the first one crashed and the second one didn't include the added bonus money (OK they added that to the winners accounts manually), and now all we get is ONE Omaha rebuy game at 9.40 in the morning.  How about an announcement from someone telling us when Rebuy games will be back?  My guess is we will get a reply from Sky Rich telling us they are working on it but he won't be able to give us a timescale of when it will be fixed.
    Posted by Kiwini4u

Hi Kiwini/All,

As mentioned there was an issue with rebuy tournaments which was picked up during the 1st rebuy freeroll. This particular issue was caused by a very specific and fairly complex chain of events. Thankfully we debugged and fixed this issue fairly quickly, which allowed us to run the 2nd rebuy freeroll. The 2nd time around we picked up another issue, which whilst being fairly minor, is still one which required fixing before running further rebuy tournaments. We are currently waiting for this fix to be verified and released to live, at which point we'll reintroduce rebuy tournaments.

We expect to have this fix live within the next 10 days, so rebuys should be live just before the world cup, at which time we'll be introducing a full rebuy tournament schedule.

Thanks everyone for your patience - rebuy tournaments are not far off!

P.S. The omaha rebuy tournament which some of you saw this morning was almost certainly an administrative/system error - there is no plan to run any rebuy tournaments until the fix I mentioned earlier is live and verified.

Kind Regards

Adam

• edited May 2010
    I only play on this site so rebuy's are new to me.My point being starting at these level of buyins and rebuy's and on a new game to the site is silly,let alone the start time.There are a lot of players in my boat that cannot afford this in there bankroll management so dooming rebuy's before they even start.
    This was typed before i saw above.
  • edited May 2010
    I only play on this site so rebuy's are new to me.My point being starting at these level of buyins and rebuy's and on a new game to the site is silly,let alone the start time.There are a lot of players in my boat that cannot afford this in there bankroll management so dooming rebuy's before they even start. This was typed before i saw above.
    Posted by belsibub
    Hi Belsibub,

Once we are live with rebuys I can assure you (and everyone else) that there will be rebuy tournaments to cover all buy in levels and at all times of the day.

In fact the rebuy tournament schedule is pretty exciting, our aim is to cater for all types of player, from high to low buyins, from speed and scarys to bounty hunters and deep stacks, across holdem, omaha, omaha hi lo etc

Watch this space guys it's not far away now I promise!

Best Wishes

Adam
  • edited May 2010
    rebuys make good business sense-- and that is all--- donkey derby tournies imo-- sky must be very keen to get them going live-- and I really like the inspired idea of putting a rake on the rebuy as well as the entry fee!!!
  • edited May 2010
    cant stand the b l o o d y things. even more bingo play, just what we need. phil
  • edited May 2010
    cant stand the b l o o d y things. even more bingo play, just what we need. phil
    Posted by pod1
    Sky are only responding to players concerns here you know-- did'nt you see all the hundreds of threads crying out for rebuy tournaments, there were millions of them!!!--- everyone was threatening to leave the site if donkey festivals were not provided soon-- well done sky--this is exactly what the site needs!!
  • edited May 2010

To the best of my knowledge, there are no plans to force players to play Rebuys if they do not wish to.

The Freezeout Schedule will also be retained & improved in line with Client demands.
  • edited May 2010
    To the best of my knowledge, there are no plans to force players to play Rebuys if they do not wish to. The Freezeout Schedule will also be retained & improved in line with Client demands.
    Posted by Tikay10
    LOLOLOL---don't you mean in line with the "current business model"?
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Rebuy's : LOLOLOL---don't you mean in line with the "current business model"?
    Posted by oynutter
      hahaha.. "who  can ya turn to" ?     :))
  • edited May 2010
    i love you nutter!!
  • edited June 2010
    donkey derbys lol like taking sweeties off kiddies!
  • edited June 2010
    Can anyone tell me if re-buys occur in live tourneys. To me seems like it's more of a commercial thing and drawing on the addictive tendency, to want to recover your losses, to increase overall rake. Having said that if you're a reasonable player there is some benefit to these. Have played rebuy sattelites on other sites which can be a cheap way in to bigger tournies for those not willing to risk higher stakes.
  • edited June 2010
    Can anyone tell me if re-buys occur in live tourneys.To me seems like it's more of a commercial thing and drawing on the addictive tendency, to want to recover your losses, to increase overall rake. Having said that if you're a reasonable player there is some benefit to these. Have played rebuy sattelites on other sites which can be a cheap way in to bigger tournies for those not willing to risk higher stakes.
    Posted by jsm180
    Hi jsm,

Yes, they do, though I don't play them if  can help it, as they (in my personal view) are elitist, favouring those who can't afford to serial rebuy, which discriminates against those who either cannot afford it, or who want to "play properly". But they DO represent good value for above average players, as the serial rebuyers contribute so much to the Prize Pool.

Three quick stories, to illustrate both sides of that argument.

1) The worst example of serial rebuys used to be a WSOP Bracelet Event, an Omaha Rebuy Tourney, $2,000 a pop I seem to recall. One year, Little Danny Negranau played one of these, & he had a "brick" of $50k sat in front of him, & he shoved blind every hand, & had, I think, 23 rebuys, or whatever. But he did win it I think. ;). To be honest, I thought that was obscene, gross, & unfair - but it did swell the Prize pool to the benefit of all. On a Poker Cruise a few years back, I experienced the same thing in an Omaha Rebuy, it was $200 per rebuy, & a bunch of guys just raised & re-raised all-in "blind" every hand. I had set a budget of 2 Rebuys, so I was pretty much frozen out. But I Finalled, & cashed, so it worked to my advantage in the end. So it's as long as it's wide, I guess.

2) Omaha Rebuy Tournies used to be popular in the UK Circuit, but guys like Jac Arama, burning their sponsors money disgracefully, killed them stone dead.

3) I played a £500 SNG Rebuy with a bunch of guys once, including John Duthie, Dave Colclough, the now disgraced Achilleas Kalakkas, (it was on his yacht, in fact), Michael Greco, & "Mad" Marty Wilson. Mad Marty had ELEVEN rebuys (at £500 a go) & was the first guy to bust out. I won the 8 player, £500 SNG, & got......£5,500. Beat THAT for value!

Horses for courses.  
  • edited June 2010

In Response to Re: Rebuy's : Sky are only responding to players concerns here you know-- did'nt you see all the hundreds of threads crying out for rebuy tournaments, there were millions of them!!!--- everyone was threatening to leave the site if donkey festivals were not provided soon-- well done sky--this is exactly what the site needs!!
    Posted by oynutter

Ah that old chestnut - on a slightly different but similar topic did you all get the email about the changes to Skybet (in response to customer feedback) that they are removing the confirm bet message when you place a sportsbet.  You can still opt for the message by changing your settings.  Anyone else think this looks like Sky trying to make a few extra bob by allowing people who mistype to place more money than they intended to.  I cant see that being a big response to any customer survey - and if it was then why not do it the other way about? - i.e. have the confirmation message as the default setting and give the customer the option to remove it.  The site is great but Sky in general have a lot of sneaky ways of trying to squeeze a few extra pounds out of the customers - (always check your bank statements to make sure your direct debit for Sky TV is correct).  I have my TV, phone, internet from Sky and also use Skybet / Skypoker and they do provide a great product - but they must be making massive profits and I don't see the need for treating loyal customers in this manner. 

• edited June 2010
    How the hell do you play a rebuy sng, just wat on earth that's madness. 

And rebuys are just another structure of poker, with a skill set and tactics required to win just like in other formats, it's just this skill set and br requirements can benefit those with bigger br's.

You chose to have 2 rebuys, and DN to have 25 ish. It's a rebuy event so who is not playing the tournie 'as it should be played'? You unwilling to rebuy much or him by being very very willing to?!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Rebuy's : 3) I played a £500 SNG Rebuy with a bunch of guys once, including John Duthie, Dave Colclough, the now disgraced Achilleas Kalakkas, (it was on his yacht, in fact), Michael Greco, & "Mad" Marty Wilson. 
    Posted by Tikay10
    I think you'll find his name is Beppe, Michael Greco is his character in Eastenders.  Or something.