You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tracking software

edited June 2010 in Community Suggestions
I may be ill-informed in this matter, but Sky don't allow tracking software, do they?  If not, why not?  Can Sky have anything to lose by allowing tracking software, or is it more complicted?  I ask because I genuinely don't know.  Surely if Sky allowed tracking software the site can only grow.  It is something that has made me seriously consider leaving.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    might not be able to being as its the only sitethat i know of that uses internet browsers instead of downloadable software to run it
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Tracking software:
    might not be able to being as its the only sitethat i know of that uses internet browsers instead of downloadable software to run it
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Never thought of that.  Guess I'll have to wait...
  • edited June 2010
    I play here because there is no tracking software, many people especially the casual gambler (the people who fund the poker economy) are put off by it.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Tracking software:
    I may be ill-informed in this matter, but Sky don't allow tracking software, do they?  If not, why not?  Can Sky have anything to lose by allowing tracking software, or is it more complicted?  I ask because I genuinely don't know.  Surely if Sky allowed tracking software the site can only grow.  It is something that has made me seriously consider leaving.
    Posted by Wilhelm
    No tracking software at the moment because you can't export the HH from the browser which means no feed into a stats program or HU display on PT3 or holdem manager

Some like em, some hate them. they may be available once the download version is released however sky may wish to specifically restrict the use of these to stay "Novice" friendly. i don't think many will leave if it's introduced just as i don't think that many people wil lcome if it is. it will affect peoples individual view of the site but not the overall use of it. Even with an exportable HH this would still be a major introducer of poker to the untrained masses and would serve as the learning ground for new players