You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Why are some players just plain nuts? help, my head hurts

edited June 2010 in The Poker Clinic
I wont bore with another indepth hand, but basically I got top pair top kicker with 3000chips, on the turn I put this nugget all in 2900 chips (cos ive seen him call with little)  and he CALLS the all in with King high! Low and behold he hits the 11/1 gut shot and im out on my a$$. 

I guess my question is... Can you defend against idiocy?   

Comments

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Why are some players just plain nuts? help, my head hurts:
    I wont bore with another indepth hand, but basically I got top pair top kicker with 3000chips, on the turn I put this nugget all in 2900 chips (cos ive seen him call with little)  and he CALLS the all in with King  hi gh! Low and beh old h e h its the 11/1 gut s hot and im out on my a$$.  I guess my question is... Can you defend against idiocy?         this was an £11 tourny an hour in. how much should be playin for to ensure a decent game?            
    Posted by DavDas
    You were very unlucky but there are people who love a gamble or just dont get the dynamics of the game and will chance ther luck, and there is nothing you can do, it seems to happen a lot more in cash I just went out in a BH, last 11 left and pushed in on the blinds thinking they cant call unless they have a premium hand as our chips were even but no he called (see below) just put a note on them  for next time, so you can push on them knowing they will call at least you went in with the best hand so forget it dont stew over it and carry on GL

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    JONONZIE Small blind  600.00 600.00 15330.00
    20rhinos07 Big blind  1200.00 1800.00 10040.00
      Your hole cards

jazzdrop31 Call  1200.00 3000.00 16070.00
    pigsface Fold     
    BUDDHABACK Fold     
    JONONZIE All-in  15330.00 18330.00 0.00
    20rhinos07 Fold     
    jazzdrop31 Call  14730.00 33060.00 1340.00
    JONONZIE Show

jazzdrop31 Show
    • J

Flop

• A

Turn

River

• Q

jazzdrop31 Win Flush to the
  • edited June 2010
    Ive had idiots do the same thing to me far 2 many times, ill be siiting with top pair and kicker and the flop they go all in with nothing and hey presto they hit runner for very long shot win. It really annoys me as it shows no skill at all.
  • edited June 2010
    happens all too often doesnt it? thinkin of takin my money and runnin. Sticking to live games. 

how much should be playin for to ensure a decent game? or is it a case of more money than sense at any level?