You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

was i right to fold!!!!!

edited June 2010 in The Poker Clinic
MANbeast Small blind £0.25 £0.25 £55.30
BENDOG40 Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £51.54
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

revieyears Call  £0.50 £1.25 £30.28
paddyb23 Call  £0.50 £1.75 £41.84
sim75 Raise  £2.50 £4.25 £60.32
MANbeast Fold     
BENDOG40 Call  £2.00 £6.25 £49.54
revieyears Call  £2.00 £8.25 £28.28
paddyb23 Raise  £25.00 £33.25 £16.84
sim75 Fold     
BENDOG40 Fold     
revieyears Fold     
paddyb23 Muck     
paddyb23 Win  £10.25  £27.09
paddyb23 Return  £23.00 £0.00 £50.09

Comments

• edited May 2010
    sorry put that up with out explaining what went down should have i called or reraised he had been playing tight so put him on ks or even aces may be ace k knowing me so was i right to fold found it differcult to drop them but did
  • edited May 2010
    It's always hard to bring yourself to fold big PP's pre-flop, but I think you got away easily here.

I'd be happy your opponent signposted his hand SO clearly and let you get away with only losing £2.50.

I think the lesson we can take from this post is not necessarily how well you did to get away, but it illustrates perfectly how NOT to play aces!
  • edited May 2010

One way or the other i can see why you folded, the way i look at it is

If you never get bluffed, you call too much.

• edited June 2010

AK or Jacks? - Either way Im happy to take it on, I got the best hand both times.

Don't recognise the guys name, probably someone who's got a Monday off work and fancied a laugh - so had a game of cards.

Get it all in

DOHH
  • edited June 2010
    hmmmm

in a cash game, i would call here, the guy may have been tight, but he could be seizing an opportunity to pick up the money in the pot with a variety of hands. Like Doh says, get it in, because your QQ could well be good.

in a tourament or sng, i probably fold in the early stages. But in later stages it is still a snap cal imo.
  • edited June 2010
    Your beat, good fold real time.
  • edited June 2010
    Id make him show me KK+ after overlimping initially.
  • edited June 2010
    the fact that he overlimped makes it alot less likely to be AK imo
    i think folding is best, also you're 160bbs deep with him so surely you have some sort of read on him even if its just how active he is preflop?
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: was i right to fold!!!!!:
    Id make him show me KK+ after overlimping initially.
    Posted by beaneh
    I must confess i think i would have called him, your q's are still strong and you might get a 3rd on the flop.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: was i right to fold!!!!!:
    In Response to Re: was i right to fold!!!!! : I must confess i think i would have called him, your q's are still strong and you might get a 3rd on the flop.
    Posted by bazzvin
    good point, i mean with 27o you MIGHT flop quads 2's!!!
  • edited June 2010
    I think I get it in here.

If he is mug enough to limp with AA/KK after someone has already limped then I'm prepared to pay off.

:-)
  • edited June 2010
    gaaaaaaaaamble

if you fold you dont get to gamble.
  • edited June 2010
    I have to agree with Greghogg ...........

If its a cash game (AND IT OBVIOUSLY IS BECAUSE OF THE CASH BETTING) then he's probably over betting with A,K or JJ to get everyone off and steal the pot so it would be a snap call from me, i dont like playing poker bingo but with pocket ladies I couldnt fold them so easily.

If its a tourney, early stages with plenty of play left then there would be no benefit in calling because you may well be knocked out before the tourney has even started and no doubt there would be plenty more chances to come.

A tourney later on may well be a call too but thats obviously dependant on chip stacks and wether he's been tilting and in desperate need to claw some chips back, that he's been throwing about like its going out of fashion.