You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Late Registration

pretty straight forward, its really annoying when you miss registering by 5minutes whether its because of poker / phone / toilet / internet dc'd etcetc most sites on scheduled MTT's have registration open after the tournament starts for one hour for these reasons.

also it means there's alot better chance of the gurantees being met so saves you some money!
I'm officially using up my one time for this request to be added.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    i understand your point and your right, however i hate late reg's on stars and other sites as it goes on too long and the fields can all but double during this period. I find them annoying but your correct in saying it would help with the GTD's
  • edited June 2010
    +1 against late regs.

The times I've just failed to register are far out weighed by the annoying late deluges as described by AcesOver
  • edited June 2010
    your reason for not liking them is because more people join the tournament?
  • edited June 2010

In Response to Re: Late Registration:

Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Having spotted a tourney structure I like the look of I sign up - if I've missed the late reg tag the tourney can become an entirely different animal.....not always in a bad way I grant.

But yes. for some reason (on balance) I prefer to know exactly what the score is when the cards go in the air.

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Late Registration:
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Sometimes I join a tourney because of a nice overlay, it may not be the structure or the game i normally play but the overlay can make it attractive. If there are late regs then that can eat up the value adn as described the field can make a tournament a different thing

your statement makes it sound like an odd thing? it's an easier thing to play a 400 runner tourney than a 4000 person tourney. The more runners the longer the tourney, the more hands and the higher the variance