You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Congrats Lisa-Marie!?

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
I heard Lisa chopped the £50 Freezeout at the Vic last night! ..... for £1500..... WELL Played Lisa!! :O

Comments

• edited June 2010
    wow. brilliant
  • edited June 2010
    Giz a tenner LM :)

Well done missy

• edited June 2010
    WOOOHOO!! Thanks guys!

Yep I just typed out a MASSIVE bloglike post all about it but then manage to hit send and get it deleted :(

It's my biggest live cash win so far and as I had a 2 to 1 chiplead I was the official winner and took the larger amount of the chop.

Let's just say I was  little excited!

Three cashes in my last four live games and two of them WINS!! BOOOOOOM!!

Now if only I could translate that to my BR challenge!!

xLM

• edited June 2010
  • edited June 2010
    Serious card rack ;)

Well played dear.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Congrats Lisa-Marie!?:
    WOOOHOO!! Thanks guys! Yep I just typed out a MASSIVE bloglike post all about it but then manage to hit send and get it deleted :( It's my biggest live cash win so far and as I had a 2 to 1 chiplead I was the official winner and took the larger amount of the chop. Let's just say I was  little excited! Three cashes in my last four live games and two of them WINS!! BOOOOOOM!! Now if only I could translate that to my BR challenge!! xLM
    Posted by LML

1st kara scot

2nd  sky_ling

3rd lisa maire

i think i will go and dress as a woman and hang around
    with tk lol.
    all above win from listening to

tk the master  mmmm beater  lol

bet u got the highlighted bit lml lol !

• edited June 2010

And, Miss Long, tell everyone how much you tipped the Dealer?

Tell the truth - I KNOW how much it was.....;)

PS - Very well done. Sorry I could not join you, but I have "issues" with The Vic.
  • edited June 2010
    And, Miss Long, tell everyone how much you tipped the Dealer? Tell the truth - I KNOW how much it was.....;) PS - Very well done. Sorry I could not join you, but I have "issues" with The Vic.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I got a bit excited Boss and tipped £150.. Apparently this was a bit too much.. OOps. 

No worries, hopefully next time we can join you :) xxx
  • edited June 2010
    WOOOHOO!! Thanks guys! Yep I just typed out a MASSIVE bloglike post all about it but then manage to hit send and get it deleted :( It's my biggest live cash win so far and as I had a 2 to 1 chiplead I was the official winner and took the larger amount of the chop. Let's just say I was  little excited! Three cashes in my last four live games and two of them WINS!! BOOOOOOM!! Now if only I could translate that to my BR challenge!! xLM
    Posted by LML
    Hi LM

Just one word WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
    IIIIIIIIIIII
    :)
  • edited June 2010

Excellent result

Good on yer Lisa-Marie

Perhaps the Sky Presenters should have a league table showing their Live Tourney wins for 2010

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Congrats Lisa-Marie!? : I got a bit excited Boss and tipped £150.. Apparently this was a bit too much.. OOps.  No worries, hopefully next time we can join you :) xxx
    Posted by LML
    £150! For interest, the "standard" tip is usually 2.5%, though of course it's not mandatory. It's nice to give something - without the Dealers, we could not win - but £150......!

As for me, I use the Orford method as to tipping - I never win, so it's never a problem. ;)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Congrats Lisa-Marie!? : 1st kara scot 2nd  sky_ling 3rd lisa maire Posted by IRISHROVER
    4th KidGirlGY ????

Big congrats to LML, congrats to the dealer too!

PS - Did you lose your blog posted because the site logged you out while you were typing it? I know from experience it's a big annoyance when that happens and you lose a foum post, must be a nightmare if it's a whole blog entry. My tip - copy before posting, then you can paste if it gets lost.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Congrats Lisa-Marie!? : £150! For interest, the "standard" tip is usually 2.5%, though of course it's not mandatory. It's nice to give something - without the Dealers, we could not win - but £150......! As for me, I use the Orford method as to tipping - I never win, so it's never a problem. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    I was told this after by the main dealer who was overseeing the tourney.. They love me now.. So I bought that at least ;)

I was a little high on the victory and a little dizzy from all those big red notes they'd just counted out in front of me.. Plus I wanted to make a run for it before they'd realised how much they'd given me just for enjoying myself for a few hours.

I don't even want to think about the lovely pair of shoes I could have bought with that ;)

xx
  • edited June 2010
    Posted by LML
    Very well done LISA!!! (see, I can get it right occasionally)

I would say you must be playing 'proper' poker when playing live but might get a backlash of the elite forum police officers!

Anyway, I hope you can carry on the good run through your BR challenge. Good Luck.
  • edited June 2010
    Lisa.... you should start charging people now for tournament tuition.... I Would defo be interested lol.... Well Done!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Congrats Lisa-Marie!? : 4th KidGirlGY ???? Big congrats to LML, congrats to the dealer too! PS - Did you lose your blog posted because the site logged you out while you were typing it? I know from experience it's a big annoyance when that happens and you lose a foum post, must be a nightmare if it's a whole blog entry. My tip - copy before posting, then you can paste if it gets lost.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    I thought I did Gary :( But I must not have hit the right button.. Story of my life :(

lol
  • edited June 2010
    Thanks Alan! lol Chirpy.. I think I must be in a bit of a live tourney HEATER ;)
  • edited June 2010
    Very well done Lisa
    another excellent result

Dave
  • edited June 2010
    Great result very wp!!
  • edited June 2010
    Congratulations Lisa
  • edited June 2010
    Aww You are all far too kind!

.. So.. ask Orford how he got on ;)

(To be fair he was card dead all night and kept getting his raises shoved in on when he just couldn't call)

Don't feel too bad for him.. he got it all back in cash later!

• edited June 2010
    Congratulations Lisa. Very well played. ;-)
  • edited June 2010
    Aww You are all far too kind! .. So.. ask Orford how he got on ;) (To be fair he was card dead all night and kept getting his raises shoved in on when he just couldn't call) Don't feel too bad for him.. he got it all back in cash later!
    Posted by LML
    How'd Orford do then Lisa???

Do you pay him cash for advice / services / or something else then? ;)
  • edited June 2010
    Very  well  done Lisa, it's  funny  winning  always feels  better the day after !!  glk  2 ya
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Congrats Lisa-Marie!? : How'd Orford do then Lisa??? Do you pay him cash for advice / services / or something else then? ;)
    Posted by phil12uk
    lol NO Phil I most certainly did not!

Luckily he managed to win back his losses in cash!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Congrats Lisa-Marie!? : lol NO Phil I most certainly did not! Luckily he managed to win back his losses in cash!
    Posted by LML
    Lordy, if he won back his losses in kind he would be Tikays age before he was done.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Congrats Lisa-Marie!? : Lordy, if he won back his losses in kind he would be Tikays age before he was done.
    Posted by emilyegg

You're a BAD BAD person Egg!! lol
  • edited June 2010
    BOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!

VWD LML!! Well chuffed for you!! Nothing better than a big binkage and your live record lately is awesome - Keep it up!! I really now hope you come to Nottingham for the SPT Final - I will deal any SNG's as long as you tip me ofc ;) x
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Congrats Lisa-Marie!? : I got a bit excited Boss and tipped £150.. Apparently this was a bit too much.. OOps.  No worries, hopefully next time we can join you :) xxx
    Posted by LML

Wish I was your dealer (card dealer that is JOKE)
  • edited June 2010
    LOL Kunal.. No wonder he went bright red and kept thanking me.. Couldn't believe his luck! ;)

Haha Dyl.. Just call me Phil (Which means LUCKBOX in Poker lingo.. eg: You're SUCH a Phil!)

Here's a tip.. be good to your mother and don't eat yellow snow.. GOTTIT?!! x