You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hi-Lo - Anyone up for a High-Lo Quadathlon Tonight?

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat

It's not my PTP evening, but I fancied a little light entertainment, so if anyone is up for this, feel free to join in.

I'm going to play FOUR different Hi-Lo Omaha Tourneys this evening, as follows.....

8.25pm, £1.10.

8.55pm, £11

9.25pm, £3.30.

9.55pm, £5.50.

A sort of quadathlon, 1 each at all 4 buy-in levels, so something for everyone.

Not sure we sort out who the overall winner is, because not many will play all 4, & not everyone can afford the bigger buy-in ones. Also the £1.10 will get a LOT more runners than the £11, of course.

But unless someone comes up with a better idea, I'll make the rules up as we go along, & hopefully fix it so that I win, & you don't.

Whoever the winner is, though, will get free entry to this Friday's "take-on-Tikay" Tourney. Especially if it's me.

Anyone up for a bit of this, then?

Remember, you do NOT have to play all 4, & the scoring system will sort that out somehow. (Vince - help me please!).

I'll be on the Steam-Driven Lappie tonight, so doubt if I can manage Forum Updates, but lets wait & see.

Who's up for a bit of this, then?

Handicapping System;

Plump Welsh Peeps get automatically deducted 2 points.

Comments

• edited June 2010

GREAT start to this - only been up 30 seconds, & we have FOUR entries so far - 1 in each of the 4 Tourneys.

Fancy that.
  • edited June 2010
    I've got my head up match with ozzie at 8 but once hes beaten me which shouldnt take long ill come play some and ill try not to call you with 55 this time
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Hi-Lo - Anyone up for a High-Lo Quadathlon Tonight?:
    I've got my head up match with ozzie at 8 but once hes beaten me which shouldnt take long ill come play some and ill try not to call you with 55 this time
    Posted by 35suited
    Lol, that was SO funny!

YOU thought your "Lo" was good, & I was betting the Low hard to get you off. 

But you called, thinking your Low was good (it was not) but instead, you took the High - with pocket Fives!

Loved the game, loved the evening.

See you later.

PS - Good luck in the HU, Gareth.
  • edited June 2010

ELEVEN Entries now.

Excellent.

If we can somehow scrape together 50 entries between the 5 Tourneys, that'd be pretty good, I think.
  • ckdckd
    edited June 2010
    cant make tonight got a live game however i will take you on now hu or dym game just for a bit of fun
  • edited June 2010

"holdem hoggers" is in all 4!

So Valoooooooooooooo is in!

• edited June 2010
    May do the cheaper ones for a bit of fun as dont really know strategy etc in hi low tournament still getting used to it in cash lol
  • edited June 2010
    cant make tonight got a live game however i will take you on now hu or dym game just for a bit of fun
    Posted by ckd
    More than happy to play a Hi-Lo DYM, just say when.
  • edited June 2010
    Register'd for two, basically giving money away. know concept of the game but shall see how i do in these so no point me diving straight in at the bigger buy ins

good luck all, apart from tikay as he dont need it in these ;o)
  • edited June 2010
    well I'll add £1.10 worth of dead money to the 8:25

Others are too rich for me at the moment

Aski :)
  • edited June 2010
    Register'd for two, basically giving money away. know concept of the game but shall see how i do in these so no point me diving straight in at the bigger buy ins good luck all, apart from tikay as he dont need it in these ;o)
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Hi Nillis,

Nice one. That's the whole idea of including the whole range of buy-ins, something for everyone, just a bit of fun, really.

Amazingly, we now have NINETEEN runners spread across the Four Tourneys.

PS - Thank you for signing up to my twitter page - the benefit will be seen at WSOP time, where you'll get the news FIRST!
  • edited June 2010
    The value has landed.

I'm in all four, I love these nights.

See you at the tables.
  • edited June 2010
    The value has landed. I'm in all four, I love these nights. See you at the tables.
    Posted by TommyD
    I am SO gonna bust you!

Looking forward to it - every one of these Hi-Lo Tourney evenings we have done so far have been awesome.
  • edited June 2010

TWENTY THREE now - with 3 hours to go.

We might yet make the half-century.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Hi-Lo - Anyone up for a High-Lo Quadathlon Tonight? : Hi Nillis, Nice one. That's the whole idea of including the whole range of buy-ins, something for everyone, just a bit of fun, really. Amazingly, we now have NINETEEN runners spread across the Four Tourneys. PS - Thank you for signing up to my twitter page - the benefit will be seen at WSOP time, where you'll get the news FIRST!
    Posted by Tikay10
    ACHEM - That was me, not YOUNG_GUN. Hahahahaha! Thanks for returning the favour by the way, very greatful. You'll be the first one to know about how much money i'm in the process of winning/losing while i'm grinding at the local Gala!

I would love to join you this evening but unfortunately my girlfriend has a very shoddy internet connection, and she would kill me if I spent more than a minute away from her anyway. Must you pick the ONE night a week that I spend at her house to do an Omaha Hi-Lo Quadathlon??
  • edited June 2010
    I will play in most but may give the £11 one a miss - gonna be hard to multi table all 4 at the same time if still in all.

P.S. I don't mind updating the thread for one of the tournaments if that helps gramps - i know how slow you are in multi-tasking!! Maybe a few others could update as well in other tournaments to give you more time to answer those constant questions being fired at you
  • edited June 2010
    I'm registered for the £1.10.  Just while I'm learning you understand.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Hi-Lo - Anyone up for a High-Lo Quadathlon Tonight? : ACHEM - That was me, not YOUNG_GUN. Hahahahaha! Thanks for returning the favour by the way, very greatful. You'll be the first one to know about how much money i'm in the process of winning/losing while i'm grinding at the local Gala! I would love to join you this evening but unfortunately my girlfriend has a very shoddy internet connection, and she would kill me if I spent more than a minute away from her anyway. Must you pick the ONE night a week that I spend at her house to do an Omaha Hi-Lo Quadathlon??
    Posted by YoungUn
    Oh dear, my apologies - I got confused between "Young Gun" & "YoungUn"!

We will do another one of these on a different night soon - see you then.
  • edited June 2010
    Well I shall be playing Cash this very evening as well as the Main even at 8pm.. However if my current forms holds true I will probably be 'released' from the main event in time for the 8.25 HiLO... Should I manage to stay in by some strange twist of fate I shall defo come and add some more VALOOOO to the next HiLo Tourney on the list!!

COME AND GET IT!!!

xx
  • edited June 2010
    I will play in most but may give the £11 one a miss - gonna be hard to multi table all 4 at the same time if still in all. P.S. I don't mind updating the thread for one of the tournaments if that helps gramps - i know how slow you are in multi-tasking!! Maybe a few others could update as well in other tournaments to give you more time to answer those constant questions being fired at you
    Posted by dylan12
    If I were you, I would not overly concern myself with that highly unlikely eventuality. There's more chance of Cardiff reaching the Pemiership.
  • edited June 2010
    ANNOUNCEMENT:

I have donated

..........end of announcement.
  • edited June 2010
    always willing to try something different - and maybe learn a few possitive lessons along the way - have registered for the £3.30
  • edited June 2010

Thanks Alan, Cooty.

We are up to 29 now. Amazing.
  • edited June 2010

I'm soooooooooo good 2 u lot, 1st of all I donate £22 in the deepy last nite, now I enter all 4 of these!

please note all buy-ins have been sponsored by tikay at the plo8 cash tables ;-)
  • edited June 2010
    For the first one at 8.25pm there are currently 13 runners -
    acebarry102000  
    Aski2000  
    dylan122000  
    GREGHOGG2000  
    hawk71122000  
    LEON12000  
    SHANXTA2000  
    slimey2000  
    THFC4EVA2000  
    tikay12000  
    TommyD2000  
    Wilhelm2000  
    YOUNG_GUN2000  
    The cost is £1.10 - get in there if you can play and learn the game :)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Hi-Lo - Anyone up for a High-Lo Quadathlon Tonight? : If I were you, I would not overly concern myself with that highly unlikely eventuality. There's more chance of Cardiff reaching the Pemiership.
    Posted by Tikay10
    You is going down gramps - innit ;)
  • edited June 2010
    I'm awake (fancy that!) and registered.

I propose the following scoring system.

1. You get a point in each tournament for each player that you outlast.

2. Your average score from your best two events is your final score.

3. You must play at least two of the four tournaments to qualify.

Is that OK with everyone?
  • edited June 2010
    I'm awake (fancy that!) and registered. I propose the following scoring system. 1. You get a point in each tournament for each player that you outlast. 2. Your average score from your best two events is your final score. 3. You must play at least two of the four tournaments to qualify. Is that OK with everyone?
    Posted by MereNovice
    Makes total sense m8 ;)

I agree with anything you say Vince and that sounds good m8
  • edited June 2010
    Nice 1 vince

sounds good to me
  • edited June 2010
    Things are picking up for the 8.25pm tournament - 16 runners now :)
    acebarry102000  
    Aski2000  
    dylan122000  
    GREGFISHHOGG
    Elsadogwoof

hawk71122000  
    LEON12000  
    MereDonkey2000  
    SHANXTA2000  
    slimey2000  
    sonic5442000  
    THFC4EVA2000