You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Its an Oldie but a Goodie

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
having never seen the shows before, it should be interesting to watch.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    From tomorrow (Wednesday 2nd June) you will see some changes to the Sky Poker channel (865). We are bringing back some of your favourite old shows including the Five 0, In Poker and the Viva Las Vegas documentary from 2008.  

The Five 0
    was our Sky Sports Thursday night tournament including studio guests such as Alan McInally and former England Footballer, David May. This was a 50 player tournament, £5k guaranteed, with the top 8 players cashing. Presenters on the show include Kara Scott, Michelle Orpe and Norman Pace. 

In Poker
    was a weekly show filmed on location around the UK with Tony ‘Tikay’ Kendall and Dave ‘Compo’ Compton. Every Sunday they would travel to some of the biggest tournaments and final tables across the country. Bringing you the results as they happened and in-depth interviews with the players. 

Viva Las Vegas 08
    is a one hour documentary covering all the action from the first year Sky Poker travelled to the WSOP with some of our players, including Will ‘PokerBCity’ Brewin. Within the documentary are interviews with some of the world biggest poker pro’s and all the action from the WSOP $10k main event. Mixed in with these shows are new episodes of Top Of The Pots. This is a 1 hour dedicated cash show bringing you all the best high level cash action from the Sky Poker online card room. 

Let us know what you think of the new schedules
     Thanks
  • edited June 2010
    Hi Claire

Thanks for the info, super stuff :)
  • edited June 2010

So.....more REPEATS then?

Saying that, it will be nice to see kara and Michelle on the channel again and some genuine comedy from Mr Pace!!!!  :)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Its an Oldie but a Goodie:
    having never seen the shows before, it should be interesting to watch.
    Posted by lozgo
    Shows are going to be scattered all over the day and night during June so check your EPG listings to see what is on and when. Hopefully this means you will be able to see something new all the time.

Let me know what you think once you have seen it

Enjoy :)
  • edited June 2010
    So.....more REPEATS then? Saying that, it will be nice to see kara and Michelle on the channel again and some genuine comedy from Mr Pace!!!!  :)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Most people havent seen these shows as they are from 2008.
  • edited June 2010
    The Five 0 was a top tourney.
  • edited June 2010
    Is the title of this thread referring to tk?
  • edited June 2010
    Is the title of this thread referring to tk?
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Lol he's just an oldie :) He was a youngie in some of the shows they go back so far
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Its an Oldie but a Goodie : Lol he's just an oldie :) He was a youngie in some of the shows they go back so far
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    Do you have any plans of showing those old 1827 shows?
  • edited June 2010
    I really enjoyed the documentury on the sky players in Vegas and am looking forwrard to it again this year.
    Perhaps you could extend this a bit and show some of the other tornaments apart from the main event.

Ive never seen "In poker" but like the sound of it and will be watching. its always interesting to see the latest tourneys around the country and who,s winning and making final tables etc , which at the moment can only really be seen in the advert break (the bit where james hartigan updates on the latest poker news)

How about turning Tikays idea of a blog on "stuff" into his own programme "Tikay on stuff"
    Just sit him on a chair, wind him him up and let him go for an hour . We could pick topics for him each week 
    The ratings might not go through the roof , but it could get a small cult following 

• edited June 2010

well claire its a thumbs up from me  ,

nice that you guys listened to the punters !

• edited June 2010
    Claire, some of us have seen the Will Brewin saga more times than we have changed our socks!...Be nice to see Michelle back though, not to mention our Norm......
  • edited June 2010
    I'd prefer the tourney was returned not the coverage but at least it's something different
  • edited June 2010
    Claire, some of us have seen the Will Brewin saga more times than we have changed our socks!...Be nice to see Michelle back though, not to mention our Norm......
    Posted by bobcat52
    The VLV documentary isnt on that often in the new schedule and theres plenty of the other shows, so dont worry
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Its an Oldie but a Goodie:
    From tomorrow (Tuesday 2 nd June) you will see some changes to the Sky Poker channel (865).   We are bringing back some of your favourite old shows including the Five 0, In Poker and the Viva Las Vegas documentary from 2008.    The Five 0 was our Sky Sports Thursday night tournament including studio guests such as Alan McInally and former England Footballer, David May. This was a 50 player tournament, £5k guaranteed, with the top 8 players cashing. Presenters on the show include Kara Scott, Michelle Orpe and Norman Pace.   In Poker was a weekly show filmed on location around the UK with Tony ‘Tikay’ Kendall and Dave ‘Compo’ Compton. Every Sunday they would travel to some of the biggest tournaments and final tables across the country. Bringing you the results as they happened and in-depth interviews with the players.   Viva Las Vegas 08 is a one hour documentary covering all the action from the first year Sky Poker travelled to the WSOP with some of our players, including Will ‘PokerBCity’ Brewin. Within the documentary are interviews with some of the world biggest poker pro’s and all the action from the WSOP $10k main event.   Mixed in with these shows are new episodes of Top Of The Pots . This is a 1 hour dedicated cash show bringing you all the best high level cash action from the Sky Poker online card room.   Let us know what you think of the new schedules   Thanks
    Posted by Sky_Claire
     Tomorrow up here is Wednesday 2nd of June not Tuesday! Is it different were you are? :)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Its an Oldie but a Goodie :  Tomorrow up here is Wednesday 2nd of June not Tuesday! Is it different were you are? :)
    Posted by Donut64
    sorry not perfect and i've amended the post.... forgot its not Monday today after the bank holiday.

ps: you wrote 'were' not 'where' ;)
  • edited June 2010
    Thanks Claire - for such as me this will provide many more unseen slots on 865.

In the same vein I always wonder why Sky Sports show recent cricket highlights when the rain comes down....they only have to go back a few years and most can't recall the result and the replacement show is often better than the original game on offer.
  • edited June 2010
    Thanks Claire - for such as me this will provide many more unseen slots on 865. In the same vein I always wonder why Sky Sports show recent cricket highlights when the rain comes down....they only have to go back a few years and most can't recall the result and the replacement show is often better than the original game on offer.
    Posted by Dud_Butini
    No idea why Sky Sports do that, could be because all tapes are kept in a library system over here. For us to find all our old shows was a nightmare and took weeks for people to find them 'in the system'
  • edited June 2010
    So.....more REPEATS then? Saying that, it will be nice to see kara and Michelle on the channel again and some genuine comedy from Mr Pace!!!!  :)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    And there you have it, it's hard to please folks. More repeats, but ooh, wait a minute.....

Never own or run a Poker Forum or a TV Channel!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Its an Oldie but a Goodie : sorry not perfect and i've amended the post.... forgot its not Monday today after the bank holiday. ps: you wrote ' were ' not ' where ' ;)
    Posted by Sky_Claire
     My spelling might not be to good but at least I know what day it is! :P LOL
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Its an Oldie but a Goodie :  My spelling might not be to good but at least I know what day it is! :P LOL
    Posted by Donut64
    well its all about 'repeats' anyway and as Tikay said 'you can't make everyone happy' :)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Its an Oldie but a Goodie : No idea why Sky Sports do that, could be because all tapes are kept in a library system over here. For us to find all our old shows was a nightmare and took weeks for people to find them 'in the system'
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    That's an interesting in-sight Claire.

I can just picture Bumble searching the shelves for a Lanky win amongst the cobwebs.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Its an Oldie but a Goodie : well its all about 'repeats' anyway and as Tikay said 'you can't make everyone happy' :)
    Posted by Sky_Claire
     I love a Forceful woman you make me very HAPPY! :)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Its an Oldie but a Goodie :  I love a Forceful woman you make me very HAPPY! :)
    Posted by Donut64
    more like stubborn and I will have the last word ha ha
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Its an Oldie but a Goodie : more like stubborn and I will have the last word ha ha
    Posted by Sky_Claire
     Will you now! :)
  • edited June 2010

So.....more REPEATS then?

Saying that, it will be nice to see kara and Michelle on the channel again and some genuinecomedy from Mr Pace!!!!  :)
  • edited June 2010
    Looking forward to these shows, it will be interesting to see how the play of some of the regulars has changed in the last couple of years.
  • edited June 2010

You ALWAYS spoil my fun! Tikay :(
  • edited June 2010
    So.....more REPEATS then? Saying that, it will be nice to see kara and Michelle on the channel again and some  genuine comedy from Mr Pace!!!!  :)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Plus you get to see Tikay some more :)
  • edited June 2010
    It will be nice to see Compo again. Any episodes of The Club scheduled Claire?