You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

***** Brag Thread ******

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
As a youth, nobody could ever beat me at The Egg & Spoon race. And I mean nobody.

Man, I was smoking with that stuff. Could have been a contender as a professional in that sphere too... had I not damaged my wrist as a teenager, during a particularly fevered bout of Nocturnal Tradiola....

I assume the brag doesn't have to be poker-related?

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I've just been analyzing my own stats and was surprised to notice an impressive run in scheduled Bounty Hunter tournaments. At the moment I'm on a run of 7 consecutive final tables, and have made 12 in my last 14 tournaments.

Obviously by posting this I've now  jinxed myself and will probably never make a final table again. But I couldn't resist this one-off opportunity to make myself look like a good poker player.

Please feel free to add your own poker/other brags to this thread.

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/2465/bountyhunters.jpg

• edited June 2010
    Nice run of results - congratulations.
  • edited June 2010
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: ***** Brag Thread ******:
    As a youth, nobody could ever beat me at The Egg & Spoon race. And I mean nobody. Man, I was smoking with that stuff. Could have been a contender as a professional in that sphere too... had I not damaged my wrist as a teenager, during a particularly fevered bout of Nocturnal Tradiola.... I assume the brag doesn't have to be poker-related?
    Posted by FlutNush
    Cheers guys,

Haha, awesome, I can't compete with that Flutnush. The wackier the brag the better.
  • edited June 2010

Extra - ordinary ......

What's your secret then??? - You must refuse to get into an all in 'coup' in the first hour unless you pretty much have the nuts?

They are an amazing set of MTT stats - especially at lower buy ins where you face alot of all in situations....
  • edited June 2010
    what website is this on? that u see them stats?
  • edited June 2010
    Extra - ordinary ...... What's your secret then??? - You must refuse to get into an all in 'coup' in the first hour unless you pretty much have the nuts? Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yep, that's pretty much it.

I wasn't intending this to be a strategy thread, but my approach is to play very tight for at least an hour and resist any temptation to chase bounties. Treat the tourney as a regular MTT and watch the bloodbath as those all around you get carried away trying to take each others heads. As soon as a short-stack gets involved in a pot you often see the rest of the table all go piling in with just about any 2 cards. See pots cheap when you can and make the most of your very strong hands. If you shove pre-flop with AA, or with top-set or nut-flush on the flop you will often get a customer with more chips than you. Focus on making the bubble, if you do pick up a bounty just think of it as a bonus.

TBH I think this run says more about the standard of my opponents than my own abilities. By the time you reach final table the mayhem has ended and those remaining are playing a proper game. I expect the evening BH tournaments with bigger buy-ins and large fields are much tougher, I don't play them due to my work hours.

what website is this on? that u see them stats?
    Posted by MintSam

Sharkscope
  • edited June 2010
  • edited June 2010
    Sharkscope

excuse my ignorance, but how do you access this information

as Chris Tarrant says " its only easy if you know the answer"

Cheers

Keith
  • edited June 2010
    I absolutely never disappoint women. Sorry to brag but it's true. If you've got it, flaunt it. They love my credit card.