You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Suggestion to The Community Regarding Changes in Sit & Go Tournaments

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi All

Several threads have popped up regarding the closing/changing of various SnGs.  Before anyone starts to complain to the powers that be I have a suggestion.  I am willing to put together a list/spreadsheet in this thread of Community members that have/would play the SnGs which have been cancelled.  The thinking here is that there is no point appealing to Suit City unless we have a reason/business case/support for the games that we are asking to be reinstated.

To clarify a few points:  This is not a petition, this is just a thread to gauge which SnGs the community miss the most and which ones have an audience to cater for.  If there are a few clear levels/formats that the community is crying out for then we can move on from here with solid evidence of it's support.

Secondly, this is open to players of all levels.  Many people have alleged that SkyPoker do not want to cater for the micro-stakes players.  I do not believe this to be true but here anyone who has had their favourite format deleted can register their interest to have it returned, no matter what level.

Lastly, please be realistic.  One of my pet peeves of recent times was supporters for the Smoking Ban claiming they would flock into pubs as soon as the smokers were banished to the cold outdoors.  When the ban came in, these people celebrated in the most part by doing what they always did before, not going to the pub.  If you want to express an interest in a tournament that has been cancelled make sure you would realistically play it or have done regularly in the past.

One more point, I understand there is a similar change in the MTT schedule with equal argument/questioning from the community.  I would suggest that someone start a similar thread concerning MTT's if the feeling is that strong and I would request that no one add interests to MTT's in this thread so we can keep this SnG only.

My one is the 110 Pound DYM.  I was just about to move up to this level before Rich's BR Challenge.  I decided to postpone it by a month to do the challenge properly and now it's gone.  However I am realistic that they weren't filling up quickly before it was cancelled and therefore they may not have the support they need.

Ok, over to you.

TommyD - 110 DYM

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Mine are 30p dym only a turbo now and 35p 30 player bh was only micro with 10 min blinds.Tommy i noticed £110 omaha dym still there this cannot fill up any quicker than nl.
  • edited June 2010
    ill play 18 & 12 seaters at any of 55p, 1.10, 2.20, 5.50, 11 basically any between that scary, dont bother anymore as most is 10 handed, nice idea tommy :o)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Suggestion to The Community Regarding Changes in Sit & Go Tournaments:
    Mine are 30p dym only a turbo now and 35p 30 player bh was only micro with 10 min blinds.Tommy i noticed £110 omaha dym still there this cannot fill up any quicker than nl.
    Posted by belsibub
    From what I can see the changes have only been made so far to the NL Hold Em games.  The 110 game has always struggled to fill up so I'm not holding out too much hope, but the point of this is to definitively find out which ones are still wanted from the cancelled ones.
  • edited June 2010
    Thank you both for your replys.  So far

TommyD - 110 pound DYM NLHE
    Belsibub - 30p DYM NLHE (Standard)
    Young_Gun - 12 man SnG Tournies, micro to medium stakes
    Young_Gun - 18 man SnG Tournies, micro to medium stakes

Young Gun, can you just clarify please if these are standard tournies or Scary's?  I got a little confused in your post.  :)
  • edited June 2010
    I know we are on about missing NLHE DYM at micro to medium stakes

But what about the chances of adding some HI LO DYM hopefully it would get more players to try it.

Fellow micro medium stakes player
    Squawks

'Edit' good idea for thread Tommy
  • edited June 2010
      Game  of the future ...  10 seater's x 30 player  'Sit n Go' (9 -10 min blinds) Top 5 get paid ...

Average time for STT to  run ..around  the  hour mark ..BOOM ..proper old  fashioned poker for people with  either limeted time or cost and get  a decent game!

entry cost   .50p -- £2.5 -- £5 .5 -- £11 0

Personally I would  try say the  .50p --2.5 and 5.5  see what the reaction is  but from experience this kind of game fills very quick else where ..  This format game would suit new  and experienced players  alike in the playing of tournament poker .....
  • ckdckd
    edited June 2010

i would like to see the league points taken away from russian roulette games as the point of a league is to reward good players not who spends the most 'thats what cash for points is' many posts have been up about this but nothing said or done
  • edited June 2010

hi tommyD  .welldone coming up with this.  for what its worth i mainly used to play the  30p dym nlh games with the 5min blinds.

• edited June 2010
    Thank you all for your replies.  CKD - I agree that the league point system needs looking at.  I personally believe that the system in DYMs need to change as these tournies should stop after the money is reached.  However I would like this thread to concentrate more on the types of SnGs that are available as if we goet too broad we'll lose focus.  However I will tally votes for a review on he SnG league point system for us to come back to and invite people to add their vote (I have already added mine).
    TommyD - 110 pound DYM NLHEBelsibub - 30p DYM NLHE (Standard)epwb - 30p DYM NLHE (Standard)Young_Gun - 12 man SnG Tournies, micro to medium stakesYoung_Gun - 18 man SnG Tournies, micro to medium stakesHawk7112 - Hi/Lo Omaha DYM Mircro-Medium Stakes
    Two votes for a review of the league points system regarding SnGs.
  • edited June 2010
    Well that was remarkable.  Just noticed the 30p Standard DYMs are back, as are the 110 DYM.  Please feel free to add any more that you feel are missing and we'll keep the list running for those and the 12/18 man games.

Also, please support these games.  If you want them, play them.

Thanks everyone for your input, I'm off to plonk a hundred notes on a DYM :)
  • edited June 2010

Heads up turbo charged bundles - instead of entering 5 x £10 hu games, pay £50 to play best of 5.

charge the same rake, but winning 3/5 isnt very profitable, winning a best of 5 match evens out the luck, but keeps the fast structure. Wiiii lets ave it :)

• edited June 2010
    sorry quoted wrong one

Easily done mate. lol sit n gos mate i enjoyed em before but havent played one since they have been removed 12 & 18 seaters
  • edited June 2010
    I did sit in the 110 DYM with you Tommy to see if anyone else was about to play. But considering my form in 50s so far ... it may have been for the best it didn't fire for now. I'll be back to donate in due course.

Nice work in raising this thread.
  • edited June 2010
    I don't want to play them myself, but I would like to see the 30p/60p non-turbo DYMs saved.

By coincidence, yesterday morning at work I was talking to somebody who plays NLHE all the time for playchips on Facebook and was thinking of having a go with real money for the first time ever. He only planned to deposit a small bankroll, so I recommended the Sky 30p DYM tables as a good place to dip his toes in the water, explaining he could expect to get a game lasting maybe 30 minutes or more for just 35p, he liked the idea. To my embarrasment if he did decide to join up he will have found those tables no longer exist.

Nobody is ever going to play 30p DYMs forever, but for many online poker newbies they're the first stepping stone on the way to bigger things.
  • edited June 2010
    Im with hawk on this one
    £2-£5 DYM HiLo Omaha
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Suggestion to The Community Regarding Changes in Sit & Go Tournaments:
    I did sit in the 110 DYM with you Tommy to see if anyone else was about to play. But considering my form in 50s so far ... it may have been for the best it didn't fire for now. I'll be back to donate in due course. Nice work in raising this thread.
    Posted by IRONZ
    Thanks IRONZ

I saw you sit and appreciate it.  I've got a feeling the 110's will kick into action more on Fri-Sun.  See you at the tables mate
  • edited June 2010
    Heads up turbo charged bundles - instead of entering 5 x £10 hu games, pay £50 to play best of 5. charge the same rake, but winning 3/5 isnt very profitable, winning a best of 5 match evens out the luck, but keeps the fast structure. Wiiii lets ave it :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Double J

I do think this is a great idea.  However we have to consider that the Tech Team at Skypoker are building a poker client/site from scratch rather than having a bolt on.  This means that every change and introduction requires a ton of code and work put into it.  I also believe they have a load of other priorities at present which is why I was focusing on elements they could 'reactivate.'  To my knowledge no other site has what you are asking for which makes the task much more difficult (please correct me if I'm wrong but of course please don't name the site).

I honestly think it's a great idea though and one worth raising separately in the suggestions board, I would be fully behind it and willing to play them anytime.
  • edited June 2010
    Ok, a quick conclusion for this evening.

110 pound DYM NLHE - Reactivated :)
    30p DYM NLHE (Standard) - Reactivated :)
    60p DYM NLHE (Standard) - Here and Proud :)

1 Vote - 12 man SnG Tournies, micro to medium stakes
    1 Vote - 18 man SnG Tournies, micro to medium stakes
    2 Votes - Hi/Lo Omaha DYM Mircro-Medium Stakes

Two votes for a review of the league points system regarding SnGs.

A quick message to Team SkyPoker.  If it was always the intention to reintroduce those listed above then I apologise for 'knee-jerking' this thread up.  If you have reintroduced them due to either this thread or others on the forum, a massive thank you from me and on behalf of those who wanted to see these come back.  Nice one :)

And remember peeps, please support your SnG.

Peace and sweet dreams (or Good Morning and enjoy your Brekkie, depending on when you are reading this).
  • edited June 2010
    Good, well constructed thread Tommy.

I'll let this run for another day or so then i'll forward it over to the rest of the team for their consideration.

Thanks all.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Suggestion to The Community Regarding Changes in Sit & Go Tournaments : Thanks IRONZ I saw you sit and appreciate it.  I've got a feeling the 110's will kick into action more on Fri-Sun.  See you at the tables mate
    Posted by TommyD
    No worries. Should be about Sunday so will keep my eyes open for you.