You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I think we all need to...

edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
...show some gratitude to the Sky Suits for their work in the last 2 months since the Community has opened. By my reckoning, we have 5 new tournaments running (£500 Deep Stack, MICKJENN1 Fan Club, Tikay SleepStack, £2,000 Deep Stack and Spartacus) which is absolutely fantastic. Not only that but they've set-up Caption Contests, Blog Competitions, given very nice gestures such as free entry to tournaments and been very helpful and prompt in replying to issues raised by the players.

Sometimes in these sorts of businesses the work that Rich, Adam, Des and others have done (not to exclude Tikay of course, but he's not necessarily an employee of Sky) can be thankless, but i'd like to make sure that doesn't happen here. I'd therefore like to extend my personal thank you to everyone at Sky that have helped with the vast improvements made over the past 2-3 months, starting from their contributions on the forums to their help with getting new Tournaments set-up, and would like to invite the rest of the community to do the same.

Thanks and long may it continue.

Comments

• edited August 2009
    nice comment ..totally agree m8
  • edited August 2009
    Here here, very well said YoungUn.

Keep up the good work folks!

• edited August 2009
    Hi

I am in total agreement, they listen to what we have to say (yes tikay is an employee, but does give the soooots a little nudge in the right direction, little may be an understatement), I must admit that there is very little likelyhood of me joining some of the new tournies unless I can sat in of course, but doesnt mean I am not glad of them and hope they get enough people to support the tournies they deserve now that we have them.

I know the sooots do read these, could we hear from you ???????????????

GO SKY POKER TEAM, GO SOOOTS
  • edited August 2009
    Totally agree YoungUn

People (including me sometimes) may knock the standard of play, the RNG, the lack of a downloadable client and even the fast tornys but there's no doubt that, if you play for enjoyment without the ambitions of "turning pro", this is by far the most enjoyable site to play on - the forum, competitions, blogs, etc inc. feedback and banter from the Sky_ppl, Tikay, Rich Orford, etc has increased the enjoyment 3-fold in my opinion

At least you feel like a person who is being listened to on here rather than a $ playing against faceless russians and americans on one of the larger sites...*

* I reserve the right to sl@g the site off when my next run of bad beats starts :o)
  • edited August 2009
    great post neil nice1, 
  • edited August 2009
    I agree with all of the above.

We do have great banter.

We have a sense of community.

Suggestions/complaints and anything else would appear to be listened to with an open mind by the powers that be.

As Annie says, the lack of a downloadable poker client can be a pain as when you're waiting for your cards to appear and before you can think 'good god, Aces!!!' it folds your hand for you.

Also, could we please encourage a dumber breed of opponents on here please as it's getting so damned hard to win anything off you lot!!!

Thank you and goodnight!!!
  • edited August 2009
    WELL PUT YOUNGUN..ERE ERE.;-)
  • edited August 2009
    what a load of absolute twonk.

1- Not the best site to play on,far better sites out there

and 2- wheres this so called community when all anyone ever does on a table is give abuse out whenever they get a beat

Im sorry but the 'suits' as everyone always refers to them are only doing their job and trying to get more players with the 'sky poker' logo on there shirts and hats in tourneys which,to be fair aint many and aint really going to happen, will never put money on this site again,bonuses are shocking and a disgrace,rake is unreal and people aint al that,
    am staying with my beloved Pokerstars,is and always will be the best site, remember 'suits' this site lost me over £80 through tables not loading up,will never put more cash on this site, have put same on Pokerstars and have a bankroll of over a $1k now,

goodbye Sky Poker-more like Ground level poker
  • edited August 2009

Nice Post YoungUn. We see so much moaning & groaning on here, it was a pleasant surprise.

Twice the thread referred to my status here, "employee" or not.

I actually sit in a very strange position at Sky Poker. (Sigh, behave, please).

I do work for them, in various guises.

Front of Camera (that's called "Talent", & a less appropriate name I've never seen) for The Live Shows, Pre-Records & In-Poker.

As a PTP-er.

As an Ambassador, which includes the SPUKT stuff, Vegas, & various Promotional stuff.

As a Consultant, which is covered under a Service Agreement.

The last-named includes an obligation to promote & protect Sky Poker's name on all the various Online Poker Forums. However, that Agreement was framed before the Sky Poker Forum came into being, but until the Suits tell me otherwise, I consider it part of my remit.

So I do sort of work for them, & so might be called an "employee".

But I'm also a Player here, & so, except on my PTP Nights, I play on my own Account.

So, pretty much, I do get the chance to offer a lot of feedback to the Suits, but every player has that right, too.

It would be fair to say I do send a lot of stuff to the Suits, areas which I think deserve their attention. daily, often more. I keep it brief, & polite, because that way, they are more likely to listen. Nobody is going to respond very well to "oi you eejits, what happened to our Freerolls, you ripped us off?" sort of thing, are they?

I hold no Management position or role, & have no authority, nor am I a Moderator for the Forum. But if I see something which needs sorting, I make sure The Suits see it. Trust me, I do!

I just thought it worthwhile to explain all that, & where I sit.

Essentially, I sit on a big fence, & so I can run with the hare, & hunt with the hounds. Which is handy.
  • edited August 2009
    Thanks for all your posts guys. it's great to hear you're enjoying this community and using it as we intended...

long live the community!

Happy posting!

Rich
  • edited August 2009
    I fully agree. I come back to Sky always. Kind of my spiritual poker home.. there maybe bigger sites out there, but Sky offers a level of community and 'belonging' that you don't feel on other sites.

p.s. new blog coming soon :)

Dave
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: I think we all need to...:
    but Sky offers a level of community and 'belonging' that you don't feel on other sites.
    Posted by Grimstar30

Fully agree, it's great. Like the "**** off you donk" I got last night after taking someone out of a DYM. Ahh, makes me feel all loved :-)

• edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: I think we all need to...:
    In Response to Re: I think we all need to... : Fully agree, it's great. Like the "**** off you donk" I got last night after taking someone out of a DYM. Ahh, makes me feel all loved :-)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Good to see you made someone tilt mate- note him down and play him again ;)
  • edited August 2009
    Well said everyone. Its a pleasure to play on this site. Have an account with one of the so called "BIG" sites and its nothing like the fun and banter thats on here. I haven't been with Sky for long but this is where i'll be staying from now on. As for the downloadable client, if its anything like the one on ft, i'd rather not have it. 3 cheers for Sky and all of you lot. Good luck all.
  • edited August 2009
    Absolutely spot on YoungUn (and everyone else too). The one thing that always used to bug me when I worked in retail was that people are all too quick to whinge and complain when things go wrong but will very rarely say a big thank you when the extra effort has gone in like the sooots have done here.

Thank you Sky and hopefully one day I can take advantage of some of the bigger new tournies when my BR allows.