You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

the poem if (just for fun poker version)

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
if you can keep your head, will all around you are on tilt.    if you can trust yourself to raise , when all are calling . but make allowances for there calling too;        if you can wait for the hand and not be tired waiting . or fire barrels not one not two but or three .      if you can jam and win at the crucial times , yet dont look too good , nor talk too wise;      if you can gamble but not make gambling your master .       if you can calculate but not let the percentage rule your game .      if you can meet with triumph and disaster but treat these two impostors just the same.     if you can manage your bank roll with wisdom , gently nurture and watch it grow away .      if you can make one heap of all your winnings and risk it on one turn of the river . loose and start again at the beginning and never breathe a word about your lose .   if you can force your heart , body and eyes not to betray you when the all in is called and to hold your nerve when your raises are reraised by the horde .    if you can walk with the poker kings and not lose the common touch.    if neither belly busters nor the worst suck out hurt you .   if all players count with you but not to much ;  if you can fill the unforgiving bubble with sixty seconds worth of patience run .    yours is the table and everything on it . and whats more - you ll be  a poker player my son ;                                              dont know if someones done this before . probably anyway just a bit of fun .                    

Comments

• edited June 2010
    this is a little easier to read, thank you for this jampot, a nice first post and welcome to the forum! some good stuff in that poem sir

If you can keep your head, when all around you are on tilt,

If you can trust yourself to raise, when all are calling, but make allowances for their calling too,

If you can wait for the hand and not be tired waiting, or fire barrels not one, not two, but three,      

If you can jam and win at the crucial times, yet don't look too good , nor talk too wise,

If you can gamble but not make gambling your master,   

If you can calculate but not let the percentage rule your game,     

If you can meet with triumph and disaster but treat these two impostors just the same,  

If you can manage your bank roll with wisdom , gently nurture and watch it grow away,   

If you can make one heap of all your winnings and risk it on one turn of the river, lose and start again at the beginning and never breathe a word about your loss,

If you can force your heart , body and eyes not to betray you when the all in is called, and hold your nerve when your raises are reraised by the horde,

If you can walk with the poker kings and not lose the common touch,

If neither belly busters nor the worst suck out hurt you,

If all players count with you but not too much,

If you can fill the unforgiving bubble with sixty seconds worth of patience run,

Yours is the table and everything on it, and what's more, you'll be  a poker player my son.

• edited June 2010
    Nice work jampot (and editor Greg).

I'm a big fan of the original and this version contains some sage advice.
  • edited June 2010
    A little poem from me ...

Here I sit,

Broken hearted,

Aces bust,

Cor! some one's f4rted!!!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: the poem if (just for fun poker version):
    A little poem from me ... Here I sit, Broken hearted, Aces bust, Cor! some one's f4rted!!!
    Posted by bobcat52
    profound, lol