You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

need help

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
   any chance you can look at my cash play tikay over last few days and explain where im going wrong if it carrys on ill lose my house i just dont get cash is it a game of skill or luck im not sure with what ive seen last few days its been devastating i understand the bad beats are part of game but if you look at my last few days of cash play hopefuly your see my point about luck or skill or is just plain gambling i really need some help.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    You should post on poker clinic thread they should help you out gl
  • edited June 2010
    Tikay doesn't have access to your hand histories.
    As belsibub said, post some hands in "The Poker Clinic" - there will be lots of people willing to offer advice.
  • edited June 2010
    If you're in danger of losing your house maybe you should take a break from playing immediately and take stock of the situation before risking any more money.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to need help:
       any chance you can look at my cash play tikay over last few days and explain where im going wrong if it carrys on ill lose my house i just dont get cash is it a game of skill or luck im not sure with what ive seen last few days its been devastating i understand the bad beats are part of game but if you look at my last few days of cash play hopefuly your see my point about luck or skill or is just plain gambling i really need some help.
    Posted by swiper
    As GaryQQQ says,if you are in danger of losing your house, you need to do something about it. On no account cancel your sky poker account, its the only thing keeping you afloat. Try selling yourself to make up the shortfall of any 'winnings that you are losing' thats what i do, so far ive made 56p this year alone using this method, i hope this helps - im off to 'work' now cos im skint.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to need help:
    Posted by swiper
    Wow sounds pretty bad mate my advice as others have said would be to stop playing for a while and maybe seek professional help if you are spending money you cannot afford on playing poker, good bankroll management is vital as is enjoying playing it seems to me that you may be having a problem with both of these at the moment, variance is also a pain at times we all suffer from.I certainly feel you need a break from the game mate ,  regards   fin..
  • ckdckd
    edited June 2010

move over to dym games or deepstack try and build your roll up first off get rid of the bad run go play on the freeplay side till you start running good then come back..... cash aint for every1 some of the best players cant do cash so if you running like that id stay away from it and go for tournies and stt ....... most important thought is to have fun gl
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: need help:
    In Response to need help : Wow sounds pretty bad mate my advice as others have said would be to stop playing for a while and maybe seek professional help if you are spending money you cannot afford on playing poker, good bankroll management is vital as is enjoying playing it seems to me that you may be having a problem with both of these at the moment, variance is also a pain at times we all suffer from.I certainly feel you need a break from the game mate ,  regards   fin..
    Posted by FINS
    lol, nice comment fins.

I think.....the saying "lose my house" - is the same as "stick your house on it" - you aren't ACTUALLY in danger of losing your house are you swiper??

If you are playing anywhere near proper money, (10/20p+) - and you still aren't sure whether its a game of skill, or a game of luck, then....you need to stop asap.

I don't understand how the people who risk this kind of money can constantly say it is fixed (i know thats not what ur saying). Fair enough if you are playing for pennies, its not that bad, but to think its rigged then play for big money just dont make sense.

Post some hands swiper - people might be able to help you.

• edited June 2010
    Cash is completely different to mtt's or sng's so your strategy for playing cash is probably completely wrong.

If you google Ryan fees book this should give you some basic fundamentals of how to play cash, after you have applied the basic concepts to your game its best to post hand histories in the poker clinic with anything you are unsure of.

Also i would start at the lowest levels possible and play tight abc poker to start with.
  • edited June 2010

I can't add much to what has already been said Mr Swiper, but I endorse Dohx7's point - Post a few Hand Histories in the Poker Clinic, & you'll get plenty of good advice.

Rich Orford was running bad in Cash this week, & so he took a break from Cash and played a few DYM's.

It's impossible to lose much at DYM's, & it adds to your self-confidence when you win 2 or 3 on the bounce.

Most of all, PLAY WITHIN YOUR SPENDING LIMITS. Beyond that, you will play scared, & scared play is ALWAYS bad play, because you are scared to push or call when you should.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: need help:
    I can't add much to what has already been said Mr Swiper, but I endorse Dohx7's point - Post a few Hand Histories in the Poker Clinic, & you'll get plenty of good advice. Rich Orford was running bad in Cash this week, & so he took a break from Cash and played a few DYM's.   It's impossible to lose much at DYM's, & it adds to your self-confidence when you win 2 or 3 on the bounce. Most of all, PLAY WITHIN YOUR SPENDING LIMITS. Beyond that, you will play scared, & scared play is ALWAYS bad play, because you are scared to push or call when you should.
    Posted by Tikay10
    thanks for everyone thats posted their comments it was tongue in cheek about losing my house i am a profitable tournement player and won 9 dym omaha sit and goes the other day its just cash i dont get it  i have good hands but get busted all the time by worse hands its not variance its something more ill try and post some hands and see what you think i might be missing something.