You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ever feel like being a hero?

edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
0.25/0.50 Full Ring Live
Dealt to Hero in BB: Jd6s
Pre-Flop: 3 folds, MP2 raises to £2, 2 folds, CO calls £2, Button calls £2, SB calls £1.75, Hero raises to £16, 3 folds, SB raises to £31, Hero is all-in for £162, SB folds.
Hero wins £68 with Jd6s

0.50/1 5-handed Live
Dealt to Hero in £2 Straddle: KcQs
Pre-flop: 2 folds, SB calls £1.50, BB calls £1, Hero raises to £14, SB calls £12, BB folds
Flop (£30): 2c6hAd
SB Checks, Hero bets £18, SB raises to £40, Hero is all-in for £119, SB folds

Poker can be so much fun sometimes :)

Comments

• edited August 2009
    lol, ur mad, wp
  • edited August 2009
    Did any of your moves get called or were those the only two you did?

and...... did you show your cards?
  • edited August 2009
    Try that on here u get called by Ace 2 :o)
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Ever feel like being a hero?:
    Posted by annie_duke

I was thinking that lol.

Great play YoungUn! A new Gus in the making :-D

• edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Ever feel like being a hero?:
    Posted by annie_duke
    Try that in my local pub, you`ll get a call, and your prob ahead
  • edited August 2009
    Shown the hands both times. I made a few smaller moves either side of those plays, but nothing as crazy as those, and they were also successful.

Yeah, it's been mentioned that if I did it on here or in a pub neither of those moves would ever have got through, and for the most part you're absolutely correct. Which is exactly why I don't make these plays there ;).

In the first example, I was against probably the best player on the table, and he was definitely perceptive enough to give me credit for Kings or Aces since i'd practically only shown down the stone cold nuts untill that point.

In the second example there is a little bit of context. When he check-raised to £40 he only put in £30, and of course the minimum raise needed to be to £36 (how he was able to make it £40 i'll never know, the dealer should have told him that as he made the error he had to make it £36), and then just stunk of "I have nothing, but I think you have nothing, so i'm going to make the smallest raise possible to find out just incase you do have something so I can get away cheaply". He said after that he had 10 high, so I just made the correct read.