You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I LIKE BALLS!!!! (World Cup promotions)

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat

The bloke who runs sky bet, or whoever is responsible for all these promotions...

Surely he can't be English???

Seriously, he wont be able to enjoy the World Cup if he is will he? - wanting England to lose so he can save his job?

Comments

• edited June 2010

Footballs of course! 

And what could be better than Footballs?? Supporting your team and winning right along with them at Sky Poker. 

WOOOHOO!!! (What can I say, I'm excited!)

Now.. Whilst I am the first person to hold my head and cry at the thought of actually watching a regular Footie match.. I do rather enjoy the WORLD CUP!!

Mostly because I have a deal with my male friends that I will go along and cheer in all the right places if they do just one small thing for me.. Keep my Beer glass full!

It's a deal that has seen me singing merrily away under a table through the last three world cups... whilst not actually remembering too much.

The good folks here at Sky poker have been wracking their brains about how to give you fabulous players a 'Virtual Full Glass' throughout the world cup period... and this is what they have come up with..

We are talking, Freerolls, Massive prizes including an X Box 360, SPT Final seat and an iPad.. and free seats to the SPT final in Nottingham as well as consolation freerolls should the unthinkable happen!!

Here's what's in store:

1)      
    World Cup Kick-off Freeroll (day before the first match - 10th June)·         Freeroll day before first day of the World Cup·         Top 32 in that freeroll are assigned a team in the World Cup·         Where that team finishes (i.e. knocked out in groups, second round, QF etc.) determines their prize·         Top prize seat to SPT Final in Nottingham
    2)      £5,000 Celebration Freeroll (if England win the World Cup)·         To complement the Sky Bet promotion of refunding all losing bets if England win the World Cup, we are going to have a £5,000 freeroll if it happens too.·         In order for people to be eligible for this, they will need to earn 1000 Poker Points in June·         There’s a £1000 consolation freeroll if the unthinkable happens and we don’t win!

3)      World Cup Final Tournament (just after the final on 11th July)·         We’re running our very own Sky Poker World Cup tournament to coincide with the 2010 World Cup.·         Amazing prizes up for grabs including an X Box 360, SPT Final seat and an iPad·         We will have three daily qualifiers at 11 noon, 6pm and 9pm (from 11th June to 1st July)·         Finish in the top 3 of the 11:00 or 18:15 events, or reach the final table (top 6) of the 22:00 event to win your seat.·         The top 50% of the QF field will then qualify for the S.F, and likewise for the Final which is where you can win those incredible prizes.

• edited June 2010
    and take a look here and here for even more World cup related promotions/ competitions
  • edited June 2010
    Also have a look at this!!

• edited June 2010
    In Response to I LIKE BALLS!!!!:
    Footballs of course!  And what could be better than Footballs?? Supporting your team and winning right along with them at Sky Poker.  WOOOHOO!!! (What can I say, I'm excited!) Now.. Whilst I am the first person to hold my head and cry at the thought of actually watching a regular Footie match.. I do rather enjoy the WORLD CUP!! Mostly because I have a deal with my male friends that I will go along and cheer in all the right places if they do just one small thing for me.. Keep my Beer glass full! It's a deal that has seen me singing merrily away under a table through the last three world cups... whilst not actually remembering too much. The good folks here at Sky poker have been wracking their brains about how to give you fabulous players a 'Virtual Full Glass' throughout the world cup period... and this is what they have come up with.. We are talking, Freerolls, Massive prizes including an  X Box 360 , SPT Final seat and an iPad . .  and free seats to the SPT final in Nottingham as well as consolation freerolls should the unthinkable happen!! Here's what's in store: 1)        World Cup Kick-off Freeroll (day before the first match - 10 th  June) ·           Freeroll day before first day of the World Cup ·           Top 32 in that freeroll are assigned a team in the World Cup ·           Where that team finishes (i.e. knocked out in groups, second round, QF etc.) determines their prize ·           Top prize seat to SPT Final in Nottingham 2)        £5,000 Celebration Freeroll ( if England win the World Cup ) ·           To complement the Sky Bet promotion of refunding all losing bets if England win the World Cup, we are going to have a £5,000 freeroll if it happens too. ·           In order for people to be eligible for this, they will need to earn 1000 Poker Points in June ·           There’s a £1000 consolation freeroll if the unthinkable happens and we don’t win! 3)        World Cup Final Tournament (just after the final on 11 th  July) ·           We’re running our very own Sky Poker World Cup tournament to coincide with the 2010 World Cup. ·           Amazing prizes up for grabs including an X Box 360, SPT Final seat and an iPad ·           We will have three daily qualifiers at 11 noon, 6pm and 9pm (from 11 th  June to 1 st  July) ·           Finish in the top 3 of the 11:00 or 18:15 events, or reach the final table (top 6) of the 22:00 event to win your seat. ·           The top 50% of the QF field will then qualify for the S.F, and likewise for the Final which is where you can win those incredible prizes.
    Posted by LML

9pm and 22:00 are two different times,as is 18:15 and 6pm. Is the last one at 21:00 or 10pm? and is the middle one at 6:15pm or 18:00? and how much are they to enter, you dont say! Women eh, always half a story lol!!

• edited June 2010
    I Blame ORFORD.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to I LIKE BALLS!!!!:
    To complement the Sky Bet promotion
    Posted by LML
    If I ever meet Sky_Bet I will be sure to compliment her, she sounds lovely.
  • edited June 2010
    I prefer tennis balls.
    Is there a similar promotion for Wimbledon?
    I suggest a £1,000,000 freeroll if a British player wins the women's singles.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: I LIKE BALLS!!!!:
    I prefer tennis balls. Is there a similar promotion for Wimbledon? I suggest a £1,000,000 freeroll if a British player wins the women's singles.
    Posted by MereNovice
    and £5.000,000 freeroll if a english player wins mens singles final
  • edited June 2010
    BUMP! And back on topic please!!

x
  • edited June 2010
    What a shameless tease.
  • edited June 2010

Hi Lisa......

If all 6 players went all in on the 1st hand of any DYM game......how would the pay out be decided?

Ok......sorry. All the above looks marvelous apart from one small detail.......THURSDAYS!.....
    Why is everything I would like to have a go at geared towards a Thursday or Sunday?.

• edited June 2010
    These freerolls look great.  Can I win 1 & 3 and I'll let someone else win 2?  I wouldn't want to be greedy.
  • edited June 2010
    Less football talk please - more darts talks :-D

God can you imagine how hideous it's going to be if England actually manage to win? I mean they're STILL going on about '66 lol

Yours eccentrically, GrumpyBonk

• edited June 2010
    With reference to the World Cup Final Freeroll i would be rather interested to find out how many of the community that are lucky enough to play in that tourney what their reaction will be if they finished in 6th place! :)

My reaction would be as long as it's on a flight to Vegas FIRST CLASS then i would be prepared to sit and listen and endure a marathon of a certain individuals in-depth knowledge of Trains to a certain point but if it included also life membership to some National Train Museum in the UK then i would be asking very politely for a cash alternative lol!

Most of you will have an idea who i'm referring to and if you dont know what the prize is check the tourney lobby and all will be revealed.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: I LIKE BALLS!!!! (World Cup promotions):
    Less football talk please - more darts talks :-D God can you imagine how hideous it's going to be if England actually manage to win? I mean they're STILL going on about '66 lol Yours eccentrically, GrumpyBonk
    Posted by NoseyBonk

JAMES WADE TO WIN UK OPEN AT BOLTON!!!! :)
  • edited June 2010
    Banging prizes! Banging ideas! Banging Lisa....Oops! 

Like the sound of this! Will add some more fun to the community!
  • edited June 2010
    Banging prizes! Banging ideas! Banging Lisa....Oops!  Like the sound of this! Will add some more fun to the community!
    Posted by Ads2kuk
    LOL Adz! Where's the Bangin' CHOOONS?!!

We need a forum Anthem!

x
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: I LIKE BALLS!!!! (World Cup promotions) : LOL Adz! Where's the Bangin' CHOOONS?!! We need a forum Anthem! x
    Posted by LML
    I quite like anything from the Prodigy to Eminem or being a bit of a saddo like i can be why not have a bit of class and have a bit of Rachmaninov's Scherzo in D Minor! :)........

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: I LIKE BALLS!!!! (World Cup promotions) : LOL Adz! Where's the Bangin' CHOOONS?!! We need a forum Anthem! x
    Posted by LML
    Poker Face, not the song, just take my finger and poke poke. 

My finger, your face, poke.
  • edited June 2010
    I do worry for you Machka.
  • edited June 2010
    Im excited - The longer England last, the longer I can have the remote control.
  • edited June 2010
    How can Sky rate an overvalued Etch a Sketch above a seat to the SPT Final!! Give me 2nd any day!

(Although Tikay for a night does sound inviting, are you allowed to do anything with him? Make him play Facebook poker?)

Dave
  • edited June 2010
    I do worry for you Machka.
    Posted by LML
    Poke.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: I LIKE BALLS!!!! (World Cup promotions) : I quite like anything from the Prodigy to Eminem or being a bit of a saddo like i can be why not have a bit of class and have a bit of Rachmaninov's Scherzo in D Minor! :)........
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
    personally.. i'll take The Promise from Girls Aloud.

The Promise that if England win, i get to spend a long weekend in a luxury hotel suite with them - clothing optional!!!
  • edited June 2010
    OMG, look at the prizes in the World Cup Final tournament;
    1stApple I-Pad
    2ndSeat to SPT Final
    3rdXbox 360
    4thKodak Playsport
    5thSPT Swansea
    6thTikay for a night
    7thOfficial 2010 World Cup Match Ball
    8thFootball shirt of your choice
    9thFootball shirt of your choice
    10thReplica 2010 World Cup Match Ball
    11thWPT Magazine Subscription
    Tikay for a night! Why not Tikay for a day? I'm coming out in a cold sweat just at the thought of it.

Will the winner of that prize have the option of exchanging Tikay for LML?
  • edited June 2010
    6th  Tikay for a night
    Posted by GaryQQQ

I hope he keeps his socks on (Yes Sky_Claire, I'm thinking of your post).  (Shudders).
  • edited June 2010
    Less football talk please - more darts talks :-D God can you imagine how hideous it's going to be if England actually manage to win? I mean they're STILL going on about '66 lol Yours eccentrically, GrumpyBonk
    Posted by NoseyBonk

118 + Average Over The Best Of 17 Legs.

"PHIL THE GOD TAYLOR"

England Football Team,WHO ARE THEY ???.    
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: I LIKE BALLS!!!! (World Cup promotions) :                    118 + Average Over The Best Of 17 Legs.         "PHIL THE GOD TAYLOR "                  England Football Team,WHO ARE THEY ???.    
    Posted by STEVEMAX
    Say no more :)

• edited June 2010
    BUMP!!! 

WORLD CUP FEVER!!
  • edited June 2010
    Massive Congrats to TommyD for taking down the 
    World Cup Special Rebuy Satellite last night!!

BOOOOOM!!

x