You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Monday 3rd August 2009 - Bounty Hunter

edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi guys,

I think the big talking point at the moment is James Akenhead getting into the November Nine. This shows 2 things: 1) Brits are doing great this year and 2) Train drivers / lovers make some of the better poker players ;)  that's right isn't it TK.

WSOPE is going to be good, maybe we can get some Sky players there too!?

Dave

Comments

• edited August 2009

Hi Everyone,

This is the thread where we'd love to get your comments and views for tonight's show.

It's Michelle and Tikay this evening for the Bounty Hunter and James Hartigan is our "Play The Presenter"!

So what's got your interest peaked in the poker world right now?  With the WSOP over, what are you looking forward to next.

What games have you been playing lately and how much success have you had?

The WSOPE is just around the corner, what chances do you think the Brits have?

Get in touch with anything that's on your mind!!
  • edited August 2009
    Hi Micehelle, tikay

I have recently won two speed tournaments, 3rd in another and 5th in a 1 min Russuian Roulette of and found out that how does tikay put it? oh yeh, Lord Orf is ok. Oh happy days are here again etc etc etc Good luck witht the show.

Question for Sky Ling, would this be the same Ailing that I saw on another channel ? and It doesnt really matter, but I like that name, where does it originate from please.
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Monday 3rd August 2009 - Bounty Hunter:
    Hi Micehelle, tikay I have recently won two speed tournaments, 3rd in another and 5th in a 1 min Russuian Roulette of and found out that how does tikay put it? oh yeh, Lord Orf is ok. Oh happy days are here again etc etc etc Good luck witht the show. Question for Sky Ling, would this be the same Ailing that I saw on another channel ? and It doesnt really matter, but I like that name, where does it originate from please.
    Posted by acebarry10
    Hi Acebarry,

Not sure about another channel! ;-) But the name Aisling is Irish - roughly translated it means "dream or vision".... (This is the one my parents went with) 

Alternatively.....
    If you're a fan of Howard Marks autobiography, it was also the code word for his first ever smuggling operation, where he combined hashishand air lingus... Strange but true ;-)
  • edited August 2009
    Aisling is an excellent track written by Shane McGowan.  Here is a version by the excellent Christy Moore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzU-9zuPz8Q
  • edited August 2009
    Hi just to let everyone know i have managed to get on tonights show as the live play at home guest. Good'o. Free poker just what the bankroll doctor ordered. Good luck to everyone whos playing tonights Bounty Hunter, and hopefully i can do myself proud and at least make it to the money. Wish me luck no worries
  • edited August 2009
    Hi just to let everyone know i have managed to get on tonights show as the live play at home guest. Good'o. Free poker just what the bankroll doctor ordered. Good luck to everyone whos playing tonights Bounty Hunter, and hopefully i can do myself proud and at least make it to the money. Wish me luck no worries
    Posted by goddenkyle
    Good luck
    Will be watching
    Do you have to donate your winnings to Charity?

LOL

Gary 
  • edited August 2009
    not going well lol 2nd hand ran into quad 3's  i had top pair top kicker on river. managed not to go broke. oooops
  • edited August 2009
    for the caption it looks like tk is commentating on a starts competition,  "one hundred and Eighttttty"
    Karlluke
  • edited August 2009
    Hi Michelle and Tony
    Heres one for your caption comp.
    Tony saying "are you sure this sausage roll is fresh Compo"

keep up the good work
    col
  • edited August 2009

For the caption it looks like tk is commentating on a darts competition,  "one hundred and eiighttttty"  karlluke

• edited August 2009
    For caption competition:

"Next up in the OAP Eminem competition, TK!!!!"

Just joking TK :)

Dave
  • edited August 2009

Michelle you are a honey and i would love to take you to molineux its home of the mighty Wolves!!!

• edited August 2009
    Well im out allready ran into quad 3's like i said lost around 1200, then a few hand later had A7 in BB, flop came 89A 4 limpers. 1st pos min bet 3rd called i raised to 250 1st called and then 3rd pushed allin for 585 i called 1st pushed allin in for 3k i had to fold thinking set was out i was correct as 1st pos had 99. this left me with 1200 next hand i get QQ button limped i pushed allin BB called button pushed allin for 3k BB made a joke call with A9os flop came A8A excellent my forray into Sky Poker live guest has ended before i even got on the phone lol. Personally i think that the only mistake was not slowing down on 1st large hand with A8 against quad 3's but board ran 8 high and he was in 1st positioin so i didnt put him on a 3. i did check call river instead of betting out thou. any feedback on my play would be apprechiated
  • edited August 2009
    Loved Tikay's teapot impression lol.  Couldn't have done better myself.

Would be awesome if you mentioned tonight's Spartacus tournament on the show, I kind of feel its my baby as I suggested it (although props to Annie_Duke for coming up with a much better name than I suggested!), I played in it and thoroughly enjoyed, but busted out losing with AJ two hands in a row.  Really good format though - keep up the good work.

Repton3
  • edited August 2009
     Hi michelle+Tikay.  Caption competition.
        Tikay is thinking,  This reminds me of being stopped by customs, after that tourney in Russia ??
      from graham  (TORTUS007)
  • edited August 2009
    The caption compitition.

Tk is happy now with the microphone, because he can get a word in while presenting with michele!!

Only joking Michelle
  • edited August 2009
    Loved Tikay's teapot impression lol.  Couldn't have done better myself. Would be awesome if you mentioned tonight's Spartacus tournament on the show, I kind of feel its my baby as I suggested it (although props to Annie_Duke for coming up with a much better name than I suggested!), I played in it and thoroughly enjoyed, but busted out losing with AJ two hands in a row.  Really good format though - keep up the good work. Repton3
    Posted by repton3
    ty lol tho i lost on trips twice....about the only 2 hands i played.....u would think they would of let us cash repton3 as it is OUR torny lol ;o)
  • edited August 2009
    Caption Competition.

Tikay is saying, "I need to reward Timbobo with a book for voting against me having to eat Beef Jerky"
  • edited August 2009
    Caption Competition:

Tikay looking suprised that a fellow O.A.P flashed her legs as he called "Legs Eleven" whilst hosting bingo at his retirement home.
  • edited August 2009
    Caption: This is TK's attempt at serenading me away from Grimstar30! Love Alan x
  • edited August 2009
    Thanks for the books :) you know Alan and I love you really TK.

GLUMBRA ;)
  • edited August 2009

re:  Caption Comp

hi TK & MICHELLE

put an entry in by e-mail earlier forgot to put my alias its the one where you finish with a song after playing loads of Deepstacks

cheers

michael   alias  DTWBANDIT
  • edited August 2009
    Hi Its goddenkyle here i was on the show tonight as home player, just to let you know that i ended up cashing in the volocity in the end came 25th, also any chance of a shout out to get people to get on my post in forum titled which player are you?? quite a comical read should be good fun. no worries kyle
  • edited August 2009
    My caption didn't get read out, bad times :(
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Monday 3rd August 2009 - Bounty Hunter : Hi Acebarry, Not sure about another channel! ;-) But the name Aisling is Irish - roughly translated it means "dream or vision".... (This is the one my parents went with)  Alternatively..... If you're a fan of Howard Marks autobiography, it was also the code word for his first ever smuggling operation, where he combined hashishand air lingus... Strange but true ;-)
    Posted by Sky_Ling
    Hi Sky Ling thank you, the question is now then are you a "Dream" or "Vision" ;) hope you are not a smuggler ;)

I think it was a poker programme on another channel that I saw the name Aisling go through on the credits which prompted the thread.

Thanks again

• edited August 2009
    Hi Its goddenkyle here i was on the show tonight as home player, just to let you know that i ended up cashing in the volocity in the end came 25th, also any chance of a shout out to get people to get on my post in forum titled which player are you?? quite a comical read should be good fun. no worries kyle
    Posted by goddenkyle
    Hi Kyle,

Good to chat last night.

Sadly, as your Post was never made until 11.52pm, & the Show ends at Midnight, we were unable to do the Thread Shout-Out.