You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

LUCKY CHARMS

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat

Just really board at the moment and wondered if anyone used lucky charms when playing poker? Online or Live?

I dont myself but am thinking of buying an axe, going down to the nearest field and chopping off a lucky rabbits foot. Surley this will help me win more even though the rabbit i get it off wont be so lucky.

One thing i do hate to see is cuddley toys on the poker table whats that all about? its supposed to be a mans game (and womens for the record :)) I remember seeing a player at one of the world series with a little toy shark that made a noise and its eyes flashed and he used to stick it in peoples faces when he won! if he did that to me i would show him my lucky nuckle dusters and punch him in the face!

But good luck charms that work i would like to hear about as i could do with some at the moment so let me know.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    MY LUCKY CHARM IS GETTIN RID OFF WIFE AND KIDS SO I CAN PLAY IN PEACE WITH NO NAGGING
  • edited June 2010
    Red t shirt with grey shorts, green t shirt with white shorts.
  • edited June 2010
    a few lucky ciders to begin with interspersed by a couple of bottles of lucky charm wine a few more lucky ciders and if the luck aint with me by then well its time for the lady luck rum to make an entry after that lot im lucky to to make it to my bed.
  • edited June 2010
    I don't have a lucky charm, well not anymore..........It got toasted when I went on my last downswing so it wasn't so lucky after all hee hee!.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: LUCKY CHARMS:
    Red t shirt with grey shorts, green t shirt with white shorts.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    ...and don't forget to wear your chain around your toes ;)

I don't really have a lucky charm but I was wearing my paw print pj's and doggy socks last night and i won a ton of games! Think it's gonna turn into my lucky charm....better not ever wear them in a live game though! hahaha
  • edited June 2010

haha Nana that was only during total player - I haven't done that since. - I didnt wear it!! - just slinked it, 30 secs, job done :)

It ran out of luck anyway I got dropped :(

Drawing the curtains always helps - and also leave the TV remote on your left side, not your right

• edited June 2010
    a few lucky ciders to begin with interspersed by a couple of bottles of lucky charm wine a few more lucky ciders and if the luck aint with me by then well its time for the lady luck rum to make an entry after that lot im lucky to to make it to my bed.
    Posted by lucy4
    Cant fault you at all. ;0)
  • edited June 2010
    my lucky charm is my blue 2007 spurs shirt, binked a big online prize whilst wearing that so it will always be lucky to me

• edited June 2010
    haha Nana that was only during total player - I haven't done that since. - I didnt wear it!! - just slinked it, 30 secs, job done :) It ran out of luck anyway I got dropped :( Drawing the curtains always helps - and also leave the TV remote on your left side, not your right
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    So that's where I've been going wrong, I almost always have it my right! lol

No lucky charms for me, they always let you down just when you need them the most!!!

I do find that if I salute a magpie when I see one does improve my fortune though (yeah, right!)
    Why? Well I read somewhere that it was lucky and I've been doing it ever since! haha It obviously isn't but it makes me feel a whole lot better! ;)
  • edited June 2010
    My lucky charm has only ever worked for live games, and its not such an obvious one as a toy shark. I was bought a ring about 6 years ago, not actually that long before i started playing poker. I went on a roll while wearing it before i lost it. Went on a bad run and then i found it, and started playing proper poker again.

Dont think its as much as a lucky charm probably more of a confidence thing.
  • edited June 2010
    My lucky charm is a lovely COLD PINT OF DRAUGHT GUINNESS
  • edited June 2010
    My lucky charm is a lovely COLD PINT OF DRAUGHT GUINNESS
    Posted by dav1964
    My only ever win was after having 18 of these too.

So it might be a key poker tool.
  • edited June 2010
    A while back, I went to Whitstable with the family, and my eldest daughter plucked the most gorgeous, smooth, bijou stone from the beach there. It has a really pleasing weight, and seems to feel warm, no matter what the ambient temperature. It has a wonderful patina, and envelops me with calm when I rub a thumb across it. During an online game, I'll pluck it from the windowsill and juggle it between my fingers... it grounds me.

Even further back, I was lucky enough to buy one of James Hunt's old racing helmets (from an Autosport Auction in Birmingham). When I'm in the mood, I'll wear that to feel invincible. If you're interested, it's the one he used in the Texaco/Morecambe & Wise adverts.

I'm aware that these admissions do not show me in a favourable light, but I just don't care.... you asked; I gave an honest answer.

• edited June 2010
    A while back, I went to Whitstable with the family, and my eldest daughter plucked the most gorgeous, smooth, bijou stone from the beach there. It has a really pleasing weight, and seems to feel warm, no matter what the ambient temperature. It has a wonderful patina, and envelops me with calm when I rub a thumb across it. During an online game, I'll pluck it from the windowsill and juggle it between my fingers... it grounds me. Even further back, I was lucky enough to buy one of James Hunt's old racing helmets (from an Autosport Auction in Birmingham). When I'm in the mood, I'll wear that to feel invincible. If you're interested, it's the one he used in the Texaco/Morecambe & Wise adverts. I'm aware that these admissions do not show me in a favourable light, but I just don't care.... you asked; I gave an honest answer.
    Posted by FlutNush
    so to summarise you play with your helmet and then you get ston ed

i wouldnt want to admit that either lol:)
  • edited June 2010
    A while back, I went to Whitstable with the family, and my eldest daughter plucked the most gorgeous, smooth, bijou stone from the beach there. It has a really pleasing weight, and seems to feel warm, no matter what the ambient temperature. It has a wonderful patina, and envelops me with calm when I rub a thumb across it. During an online game, I'll pluck it from the windowsill and juggle it between my fingers... it grounds me. Even further back, I was lucky enough to buy one of James Hunt's old racing helmets (from an Autosport Auction in Birmingham). When I'm in the mood, I'll wear that to feel invincible. If you're interested, it's the one he used in the Texaco/Morecambe & Wise adverts. I'm aware that these admissions do not show me in a favourable light, but I just don't care.... you asked; I gave an honest answer.
    Posted by FlutNush
    i must say every response you make in my posts are spot on with your avatar pic. I can imagine you with a pipe a smoking jacket a good malt whisky and slippers. You always make me laugh and i reckon your just a big posh interlectual hippy :) love it
  • edited June 2010

I don`t have a lucky charm but a lucky seat xxxx
  • edited June 2010
    Ive just made a roll up and went to get a filter tip to put in it and to my surprise i found 2 that were different lengths one was a little diddy one and the other a long one. Freak of nature or could this be my new lucky charms. I couldnt bring myself to smoking them so im gonna keep them by me when i play and see if my luck changes. At least thats 2 less roll ups to smoke so less chance of hurting my lungs :)