You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Do you call in this spot?

I'd be interested in views on this hand that I recently played live.   It was one of those situations that can only happen in a live game and would never happen online.  I'm going to explain the hand from the perspective of the other player and give as much information as possible.  When I've recounted this hand to other players they seem 50/50 on if they make the call or not.

You arrived shortly before the first break and registered late so haven't seen much of the play.

Blinds were 300/600/ante 25 and your in the small blind with Q6 both spades.  you have a stack of approx14K and I am in the big blind with approx 12k

There were 2 limpers and you in the small blind called the 300.  I in the big blind say to one of the limpers (known to other players through table conversation to be my housemate) that i will check blind.

Flop comes KQ9 with one spade.
everyone checks

turn comes Js.

you bet 1700 and myself in the big blind casually announces all in whilst eating my free sandwich for dealing.  The two limpers fold

Yourself in the small blind asked me i I looked to which I replied, "maybe".  You asked the other played who maintained poker etiquette by saying nothing.  to call the all in was exactly 10K (a starting stack) and would leave about 2k for you behind if call was wrong.

Do you make this call?

Comments